My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Book Swap forum to share and exchange your favourite books.

MN book swap clubs

Book Circle Thingamy! Take 2

668 replies

Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 17:28

So - we're going to start again from Jan 1st!

If you were on the first and want to continue, then add your name to the list.

If you are NEW person wanting to join the circle, then please post on the thread and when we work out how many spaces there are we will add in as many as poss to make the number to twelve.

Flame
Psycho

OP posts:
squilly · 16/11/2008 17:48

squilly wuld like very much t stay pleae, but is aving prblems with her keyboard sometimes missing out letters. I'm just sneaking off to find somethig worthy for ext time....and something to clean my keyboard with

TheMadHouse · 16/11/2008 18:55

I would like to stay too

Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 19:26

Flame
Psycho
Squilly

OP posts:
Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 19:26

1.Flame
2.Psycho
3.Squilly
4.TheMadHouse

OP posts:
swampster · 16/11/2008 21:23

I think I have to bow out . I don't really have the brain-space at the moment and with a new baby in Jan/Feb I don't think I'll be reading much for the next 18 years!

Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 21:58

lol @ 18 years!

1.Flame
2.Psycho
3.Squilly
4.TheMadHouse

out
Swampster

OP posts:
swampster · 16/11/2008 22:19

Coco is hardcore and she'll carry on and put me to shame .

FlossieT · 16/11/2008 22:21
  1. Flame
  2. Psycho
  3. Squilly
  4. TheMadHouse
  5. FlossieT

Fond farewells:
Swampster

One of the online forums I read regularly has a woman in it who regularly reads 10 books a week. Now that's hardcore.
Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 22:36

Ooh fond farewells is much nicer than my "out"

OP posts:
Cocodrillo · 16/11/2008 23:20
  1. Flame
  2. Psycho
  3. Squilly
  4. TheMadHouse
  5. FlossieT
  6. Coco

Sorry to see you go Swampy, though you don't lose me that easily. I will be stalking you on the PN thread .

I always fancied being called 'hardcore'. But nowadays I'm a 'hardcore book reader': I can hear middle age thundering towards me.
Cocodrillo · 16/11/2008 23:23

Wonder if Luna's staying in?

Oh, and I think it'd be good if we discuss the books more this year. That part of the swap never got going consistently. (Didn't help that no one knew who's book they'd got!!)

whispywhisp · 17/11/2008 07:05

Please keep me in!

I think it'd be good to discuss the books on this thread? It'd keep this thread ticking over and you won't have to put searches out for people like me who don't keep themselves up to date!

Flame...DD1 ok now thanks. Repeat episode of a few months ago. Collapsing with severe stomach pain. Has IBS and back on meds for it but thanks for asking on previous thread.

Flamesparrow · 17/11/2008 12:16
  1. Flame
  2. Psycho
  3. Squilly
  4. TheMadHouse
  5. FlossieT
  6. Coco
  7. Whispy

If we discuss on here then there is the issue with spoilers. I vote for everyone to just WRITE THEIR MN NAME in their book
OP posts:
TheMadHouse · 17/11/2008 13:21

Why dont we just have a thread for each of the books with the book title in and then people can choose to look or not. I dont think we need to hide the title of the coming books do we?

TheMadHouse · 17/11/2008 13:21

That should be books that are comming - either way sounds slightly sexual - SORRY

psychomum5 · 17/11/2008 13:39

Not having the name is more of a suprise though (I have a sad life and need surprises ). The name in the thread entitled "Flame's book" etc should be fine though (does that make sense?)

Tis Flame btw

Oh and last time we said no to:
Non-fiction
Chick Lit
Pre 20th Century

How do we feel about changing it a bit to no:

Chick Lit
Mis Lit

?

FlossieT · 17/11/2008 14:14

I agree with writing names in books and having separate threads. That way people who want a surprise can have one, nosy people like me can just cheat and read the threads ahead of time .

I would have happily written a bit more but I didn't know whose book I had towards the end.

Re. 'banned' books, definitely no mis lit please!! I'm not so keen on pre-20th or non-fiction, so wouldn't really want to read 12 (11) books in those categories, but I don't feel strongly enough about it to continue to enforce a ban.

How are we feeling about SF/fantasy? A few people seemed to find this hard going this time round.

Flamesparrow · 17/11/2008 14:29

Hmm, you have a point with the not wanting to read 11/12 non-fic or pre 20th cent...

Would it be getting really anal and obsessive if we got people to say if they were sending fic/non/pre and if it looks like we have a glut of one thing give a nudge to change it?

I have no issue with sci fi/fantasy, but I haven't actually received any of those

OP posts:
squilly · 17/11/2008 18:20

How about the big cheese (i.e Flamesparrow) getting suggestions in on what people are thinking of sending, then having the final say. That means you take responsibility for filtering out any unsuitable/duplicate books???

I can't think how else this could play out.

Flamesparrow · 17/11/2008 18:45

Arse - I knew I forgot something at asda - nice bread to go with my brie in the fridge

OP posts:
squilly · 17/11/2008 20:44

Sorry....I've just reread mylast post and it doesn't sound even vaguely like it did in my head! ...

I was aiming for gentle ribbing, but itlooks like bitch queening. That'll teach me to try to mumsnet with 2 raucous 7 year olds in the background!

I really like the idea of Flamesparrow taking the lead, if that makes sense.

Now, I'm off to rinse my size 8 off. I think it's been in my mouth once too often today (I'm having a mare of a day...feel free to ignore me!)

Flamesparrow · 17/11/2008 20:47

lol sorry - I posted what i was thinking forgetting it wasn't vaguely relevant to books

It made sense to me (I think)

OP posts:
squilly · 17/11/2008 21:20

I seem to have gone, this week, from pre-menstrual tension to mid-menstrual disaster area without really blinking! I should have just kept away from my keyboard. PMT + PC spells pmtpc disaster...

Flame....If you need any bread for your brie, though, I can give you a great recipe

PS...if at any point during this message my other foot has entered my mouth please let me know as I'm definitely not at my brightest right now

Flamesparrow · 17/11/2008 21:23

I didn't see any feet mouth issues in the first post

Bread recipes implies the bread needs making and doesn't just appear on my work surface doesn't it ? I did a circuit class. I ain't capable of more movement than typing

OP posts:
psychomum5 · 17/11/2008 21:25

how did the class go then.

seeing as I did not receive a gasping phonecall of unknown origins, you clearly made it home without need of paramedic support

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.