My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Book Swap forum to share and exchange your favourite books.

MN book swap clubs

Book Circle Thingamy! Take 2

668 replies

Flamesparrow · 16/11/2008 17:28

So - we're going to start again from Jan 1st!

If you were on the first and want to continue, then add your name to the list.

If you are NEW person wanting to join the circle, then please post on the thread and when we work out how many spaces there are we will add in as many as poss to make the number to twelve.

Flame
Psycho

OP posts:
TrillianAstra · 13/01/2010 15:31

Ok, have posted Tilly's book to Psycho, hope that's right.

shootfromthehip · 16/02/2010 07:31

Hello there all- haven't been on here for ages but alos haven't had a book for months. Any idea what's going on with it all?

squilly · 21/02/2010 21:18

I have been really crap and am here to apologise.

I meant to read both the books I've been sent, but (tries not to sound like I'm making excuses here) my mum was diagnosed with cancer in the summer holidays and took really poorly at Christmas.

I kept telling myself I'd catch up with the books and I'd drop you all a line to let you know what was happening, but I kept putting it off as I felt like I was letting everyone down. It sounds mad, now, typing it like this.

Anyway....long story short, my mum died on 6th Feb and we buried her last Monday. I have to say, I was glad to see her go as she was in a lot of pain and really wasn't herself towards the end.

The main thing is, however, that I'm forwarding the books to the next person in the circle and I'm backing out.

It's not the physical act of sending the books on that's the problem...it's the reading. I keep telling myself I'll read something tomorrow, but I just feel a bit lethargic about it all. All I've read since she was ill is thrillers, cos that's the kind of book she liked to read. And I've never been overly into thrillers...but hey ho.

I can't apologise enough for messing you all around and I hope you manage without me/get someone else in.

I don't dare read any of the posts, in case anyone's saying 'where's that bloody Squilly woman' .

Right...off to pack up the books I have. I'm really sorry..

tillyfernackerpants · 23/02/2010 18:05

Squilly, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum & everything you've been going through . I think I have one of your books, if you'd like I can post it back to you. Totally understand why you don't want to carry on, take some time for yourself xx

squilly · 26/02/2010 21:08

No problem with returning any books tillyfenackerpants....I have a glut of books and really can't get inspired to read the majority of them. If anyone has any of my books, they're welcome to keep them. I'll hopefully pop up on the book type threads again in the coming months as I like to share the really good ones and I'm sure to get back in the swing with the reading soon.

Thanks for your sentiments TFNP.

shootfromthehip · 01/03/2010 15:42

Squilly- just checked the thread and I'm so gutted for you. I know how hard it is to lose a parent and how much it takes over your thoughts/ head space. Please go easy on yourself and take care- again really sorry at your news. Don't worry about the books if you have one of mine- just take care x

squilly · 02/03/2010 16:04

Thanks shootfromthehip. I'm in a weird place at the moment with it all, though to be fair, it's been easier since she's been gone. When she was ill and being nursed at home it was awful. I didn't sleep much, as I was waiting for the phone to go in the middle of the night.

Luckily we were all there to see her go (that sounds wrong, but you know what I mean) and she got what she wanted. She died at home.

It made most of us decide that the LAST thing we wanted was to be at home when we died. We all want to be in a hospital...hopped up on drugs and with our kids in Australia (hopefully!).

I'm preparing mine now for the eventuality

On a serious note thanks for your thoughts. Just sorry to let people down.
Sue

TrillianAstra · 07/03/2010 11:52

You poor thing Squilly.

I still have the organising email in my inbox, I've looked and it looks as if Flame is posting to you so I will poke her and ask her to skip you and post onto the next person so you don't have to fuss with anything.

Oh, and I got a book with 'Sherby' written inside it yesterday.

Flame · 07/03/2010 11:59

Oh sweetheart I'd missed all this

xxxx

shakeNNvac · 07/03/2010 12:01

I have no books to post on now. Have checked and double checked my shelves

Have we ground to a halt somewhere along the line

Flame · 07/03/2010 12:03

I've had one sat here for ages that I've not opened yet

shakeNNvac · 07/03/2010 12:37

we are rubbish at book swapping

Flame · 16/03/2010 15:17

Meh, it'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Shall we do a "who has what" list?

psychomum
flame has Coco's book
squilly - out
shoot
sherby
tilly
Coco
Trillian

Who the hell are you Shake!?!?!

TrillianAstra · 17/03/2010 20:52

psychomum
flame has Coco's book
squilly - out
shoot
sherby
tilly
Coco
Trillian has Sherby's book

sherby · 27/03/2010 09:30

psychomum
flame has Coco's book
squilly - out
shoot
sherby - has no book
tilly
Coco
Trillian has Sherby's book

shootfromthehip · 29/03/2010 17:53

I don't have any books folks! And I have no idea who shakenvak is either

WhatDoFlamesDoTheseDays · 20/04/2010 17:45

cough

TrillianAstra · 29/08/2010 21:51

Realised I haven't heard or seen anything for ages. Am posting Sherby's book tomorrow but not really expecting to see another book ever again.....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.