My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

Looking for a blind date in October.....?

137 replies

Jazmyn · 06/08/2010 13:46

I have a wonderful (male) friend who has recently had his heart broken by an evil woman and I've been trying to find him a wonderful English girl but it seems everyone I know is already attached!!

Me and my friend, DH, and our newborn son will be visiting my parents in Buckinghamshire in the first week of October so if you think you might be interested in a fun night out (somewhere safe and public ofc!) with a wonderful, good looking, 32 year old, half dutch, half italian (but speaks perfect english) man who adores kids and dreams of settling down for a family then let me know!!!

:-)

OP posts:
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 09/08/2010 19:39

I'd invite a few people and have a bit of a party, it will feel more informal this way, if he doesn't 'gel' with someone then it will save any uncomfortable silence (or you'll end up with a punch up Grin I am a peace loving hippy so I'll run off at this point)

lionstigersandbearsohmy · 09/08/2010 20:09

I think this is about as close to X Factor as I'll ever get! Grin

SilverSparkle · 09/08/2010 20:19

So jazmyn, while we all await the big decision, why don't you tell us what sort of woman this man is ideally looking for I.e qualities etc.

thesunshinesbrightly · 10/08/2010 02:20

I would but i'm attached and hopelessly in love.

thesunshinesbrightly · 10/08/2010 02:28

pmsl @ decide whom he chooses.

Great thread.

BaggedandTagged · 10/08/2010 02:33

OMG- he looks like the mind reading cop from Heroes (Matt??). Are they related? Can he read minds?

Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 08:37

bellied - I think there was a general dislike of the group date idea.... tho we could do a meet up as a seperate thing if people are interested? I'd quite like to meet you lot as well now and I'm only back that week in oct! :)

Silversparkle - it's hard to say who you're going to click with but I know he's looking for someone honest, loyal, a little bit crazy, someone who will love him and he can love them back, someone who isnt too complicated.... a normal, stable relationship. I guess what we're all looking for really!

Dutch men seem to be much more in tune to relationships in the way us girls seem to want it, that's why I've got one too! (So do quite a lot of other English women!) My own Dutchie is amazing, he is the most loving and emotionally open guy I've ever met. He never had a serious relationship before me because he didn't want to mess around with anyone who he knew wasnt "the one". Pretty amazing for a guy IMO! But it's important for me as I know I can trust him beyond belief and I, like probably many others, have had trust issues in the past!

So girls.... even if you dont get the date with Mark I would recommend COME TO HOLLAND for your next holiday!!! haha

OP posts:
Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 10:36

Having just collated all the volunteers so far I've noticed that every single one of you is 5'2"..... is this some kind of conspiracy?!?! lol

OP posts:
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 10:41

Maybe english blokes don't like petite women! There just seems to be alot of drunks here, not my thing. I'm picky apparantly Hmm

Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 10:44

I know what you mean belled, I got sick of idiots who just wanted to go out to the pub, get pissed then have sex...... :-/ surely theres more to life?!

OP posts:
BeauticianNotMagician · 10/08/2010 10:58

I hate that.I love going out but i hate that a lot of the men i meet dont even bother trying to make an effort they just ask me if i want to go back to theirs.I mean they dont even ask my name.Is it any wonder im still single.I usually start talking about my ds's and honestly they couldnt run any faster in the opposite direction.Grin

belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 11:05

I really don't understand british men. Is alcohol/sex/beer belly attractive? I've honestly met so few men with any character that I'd rather be single, the last 'relationship' I was in lasted a month, this was 8 years ago. I'd rather be single then put up with someone who just wants to get pissed at the weekends and has no opinions of their own. Conversation died in Derby a very long time ago IYKWIM.

lionstigersandbearsohmy · 10/08/2010 11:06

Ex is a big drinker and I hate it, seems to be a pattern with English men! Well done on finding your lovely man Jazmyn and it's true I think most of us are looking for the same thing.
Little bit of crazy I do very easily, if you met my Mother you'd see where I get it from...bless her Grin

BeauticianNotMagician · 10/08/2010 11:12

Must be that all the beer drinking has rotted their brains and they are therefore incapable of forming a half decent conversation.

belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 11:18

I just don't do the beer culture, a bottle of wine, friends and a meal, fantastic. Getting so rat arsed you vomit and talk crap, what's the point? A waste of money and time.

BeauticianNotMagician · 10/08/2010 11:38

Right i must turn this computer off and actually get things done today Grin.Off to bake cakes with the boys wish me luck.It will probably take me the rest of the afternoon to clean my kitchen.

belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 11:44

I need to escape aswell, coffee and cake shop I think Grin

Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 13:07

Well girls, Mark is sat here cradling my DS and I've finally managed to cajole a decision out of him although this took rather a long time as he was too busy "cooing" over the baby! DOH!

We tried to approach it VERY logically to make it fair, we did a 1-5 list on the photos and then a 1-5 on the questions (he didnt know which photo matched which person) and in the end his 1st and 2nd choices were the same on the photo and the questions list (if that makes any sense?).

Beautician...... you got number 1 :-)
The things that swung it for you was the playing footie with your boys and that you want more kids!

I'm not going to list the others in order of preference as I dont think that's very fair but as you asked for feedback here's some of the reasons behind the choices:

Belled & Lions - distance was the issue with you guys. He was so stuck over choosing and couldnt find any other deciding factors so geography became an issue. We visit Bucks quite often (my family lives there and Mark is a family friend) and me and my family will be moving there so he will want to visit often and if things go well on the
date can then easily combine visits.

Hobbgoblin - the biggest issue was the fact that you had 4 kids, Mark was worried there wouldnt be any room for his!

Silversparkle - you came very very close.... in fact, he's asking me if he's allowed to choose two!!! :P

Well done guys and remember, no fighting!

He is saying he is really flattered by all the reactions and comments and it was a really really hard decision to make becuase you all sound so great!

OP posts:
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 13:11

Jaz, there's an airport a few miles away from here!

I wish him all the very best, I'll have to come to holland for a holiday, you have way too many hot men on your FB account and that is incredibly unfair! Grin

Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 13:26

Belled, I do seem to know more single men than single women..... hence the problems I had finding one for mark!! Any on there you particularly like the look of? ;-)

Do let me know if you want to visit holland, I'd be happy to show you around and help you seek out a nice Dutch guy!

OP posts:
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 10/08/2010 14:14

(faints)

I'll sort the passports out Grin

lionstigersandbearsohmy · 10/08/2010 14:19

Well done Beautician...good luck!!! Grin X

SilverSparkle · 10/08/2010 14:32

Well done beautician!! Hope you have a lovely date and we'll be waiting to hear all about it!! :-)

hobbgoblin · 10/08/2010 15:32

Ooh yes! Well done BNM. Hope you have a great date and that it leads to marriage Grin

I better go back to me other thread discussing men who don't run a mile when you have 4 children!

I think you handled the news giving very well Jazmyn by the way. Rol on the Denmark mumsnet meet up!/BNM's Hen do.

Jazmyn · 10/08/2010 15:49

Thankyou hobbgoblin, I must admit I was very apprehensive to the response!! we honestly werent expecting such a popular response! I'm almost disappointed that it's all over, I've enjoyed reading this thread every day and it's given me many many giggles!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.