My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

Looking for a blind date in October.....?

137 replies

Jazmyn · 06/08/2010 13:46

I have a wonderful (male) friend who has recently had his heart broken by an evil woman and I've been trying to find him a wonderful English girl but it seems everyone I know is already attached!!

Me and my friend, DH, and our newborn son will be visiting my parents in Buckinghamshire in the first week of October so if you think you might be interested in a fun night out (somewhere safe and public ofc!) with a wonderful, good looking, 32 year old, half dutch, half italian (but speaks perfect english) man who adores kids and dreams of settling down for a family then let me know!!!

:-)

OP posts:
MiniMousse · 07/08/2010 22:15

I agree - I'd be up for going on a blind date, especially with this lovely sounding chap, it could be a laugh, and even if there is no 'spark', at the very least I'm sure I'd come away thinking 'that was a really good, fun and interesting evening with a lovely person'. But.... the idea of going on a blind date with one man and a queue of other women sounds like my idea of hell!! If you go for the first option rather than the second, can I still be considered? Smile

MollieO · 07/08/2010 22:25

He is the spit of my ex! I'm near Bucks but too old.

blackflyinyourchardonnay · 07/08/2010 22:33

I just had another perve look.
He's got lovely hands hasn't he? I do love a man with nice hands. And great thighs...

hobbgoblin · 07/08/2010 22:44

Back off you lot. Have reported thread and MNHQ said:

I gave the least convincing reason for thread deletion known to date. Grin

Monty100 · 07/08/2010 22:47

hahahahahha!

Grin

belledechocolatefluffybunny · 07/08/2010 22:47

You can't delete this thread (Op, CAT me Grin_

blackflyinyourchardonnay · 07/08/2010 22:53

(not that I need it!WinkGrin)
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 07/08/2010 22:56

God, I've bo hopw in hell (sulks off the thread)

belledechocolatefluffybunny · 07/08/2010 22:57

Belle's now so depressed she can't spell correctly.

Jazmyn · 08/08/2010 09:03

Crumbs... what have I started... I hope there wont be any murders over this thread!

OP posts:
SilverSparkle · 08/08/2010 09:06

Will he want to see photos of us as we have with him?

Jazmyn · 08/08/2010 09:16

Silversparkle - I'm not sure, I'll ask him later today.

OP posts:
Jazmyn · 08/08/2010 09:26

Bellied - I dont have the subscription to CAT atm....

Can anyone tell me if we're allowed to post email addresses or websites on here to contact each other? I've been looking through the site trying to find the rules but I cant find anything about it.

OP posts:
hobbgoblin · 08/08/2010 10:45

Yes you can post your email so long as you don't mind running the risk of spam. Alternatively I can coordinate all applications Wink as I have CAT.

Just disguise your mail address by how you type it and possibly ask for deltin afterwards.

blackflyinyourchardonnay · 08/08/2010 10:57

Grin I'm just joking...
He is ruddy gorgeous, but I'm too far away- and have too many ishoos to even contemplate that ol' dating game again yet!

Jazmyn · 08/08/2010 12:15

I've just sent a copy of this thread to the man in question and he's busy reading it and giggling at me over skype as I write this.

Firstly, I've been severely reprimanded for getting his age wrong... he's 33! Also he's got blue eyes, not brown (I am a very bad and unobservant friend!!!).

Minimousse - he does rather like your idea of having to perform a party trick or feat of dexterity.... this caused us quite a lot of giggles!

Mark says "Tell them that I've been laughing by arse off, the post is fantastic and that speaking Italian definately gives you brownie points!!" He also says he's really flattered by the comments and attention and you all sound like great fun.

We've come up with a questionairre type thingie to give him some idea about who you are and what you're like. You dont have to answer all the questions ofc and feel free to add anything else you feel like. Copy and paste it from below and send it to me at:
becky"DOT"studioequus"AT"gmail"DOT"com

MNID:
Build:
Hair & eye colour:
Number of kids & ages:
Do you want more kids?
Where do you live (roughly! I don't want your address!):
Best & worst feature:
Best & worst character trait:
Highest level of education:
Interests & hobbies:
Where would you like to go on the date?
Anything else to add?....

He decided photos are not compulsory (neither is knowing Italian!) but both give brownie points!

OP posts:
belledechocolatefluffybunny · 08/08/2010 14:23

I don't mind sticking info on here, most of you know more about me then others anyway.
Height:5 foot 2
Build:slim
Hair & eye colour:brown and brown
Number of kids & ages:1 aged 11
Do you want more kids? Maybe
Where do you live (roughly! I don't want your address!):Derbyshire
Best & worst feature:besr: smile.
Best & worst character trait: stubourn and independent
Highest level of education:Degree
Interests & hobbies:Learning Italian and cooking, I also write childrens books
Where would you like to go on the date? Not picky, not a bar though, too noisy.

lionstigersandbearsohmy · 08/08/2010 19:53

Ooo can I join in please?!
Height: 5ft 2in
Build: Curvy (if he likes a Nigella Lawson type I'd be ok!)
Hair and eye colour: Both brown
Kids and ages: One ds aged 3..and one beloved dog :)
Do you want more kids: Possibly, depending on the man!
Where do you live: Kent
Best and worst feature: Best, Eyes. Worst, Tummy!
Best and worst character trait: Best, Sense of humour. Worst, Stubborn.
Highest level of education: Degree (Art History)
Interest and hobbies: Baking, gardening, walking, movies...
Where would I like to go on the date? Rome! Or failing that anywhere we can have a good chat.

BeauticianNotMagician · 08/08/2010 20:25

Am i too late.He sounds and looks lovely.I live in Bedfordshire but would be willing to travel for him Grin

Im 29.Slim/average build.Two ds aged 4 and 5.

hobbgoblin · 09/08/2010 07:17

Height: 5'2"
Build: Slim with a few curves
Hair & eye colour: Brown eyes, changeable hair!
Number of kids & ages: 10, 9, 6 and 1
Do you want more kids: If I had the right lifestyle.
Where do you live (roughly! I don't want your address!): St Albans, Herts
Best & worst feature: Best: arse, um sorry eyes...I meant eyes. Worst: Elbows
Best & worst character trait: Best: honesty Worst: far too altruistic
Highest level of education: Degree (Education)
Interests & hobbies: Drawing, Walking (in the Lakes especially), Cooking, debating
Where would you like to go on the date? hopefully not home Wink but er... It'll be October, collecting conkers and comfy pub after?! I don't mind if you want to skip the conkers idea. If I was going to be pretentious and non alcoholic sounding I'd say a gallery or something.
Anything else to add?.... link to pic do?

roundthebend4 · 09/08/2010 07:33

hes lovely feeling you wont be short of takers but lol im to old and 4 kids already me thinks im done .

Mind i do speak some rather rusty Italian Grin

roundthebend4 · 09/08/2010 07:39

oh and I do a mean Italian meal to. I can still do the splits though getting up again might need some help mind 36 sigh im to old

hobbles of looking for zimmer frame , with go faster stripes please

gillybean2 · 09/08/2010 07:58

Wow. I guess this is why I'm destined to stay single. Could never put myself out there like that :(

He certainly looks my type from his photo, but I'm long past the compatibility based mainly on looks part of my life. Plus I'm over the max age you stated. Even if you do add a year to make up for adding a year to his age...
I don't speak Dutch or Italian, but I can speak perfect English! And I too dream of settling down for a family. My ds is desperate for a sibling and a dad (as he told me again just last week :( ) I've always wanted more children, but only with the right man. And time is running away on me... Oh well. He doesn't have a slightly older single brother does he?

Good luck girls. And Bon Chance (or whatever the translation to that is in Italian) to the fella. I think he may need it!

roundthebend4 · 09/08/2010 08:07

ug thinking back its buona fortuna in italian but been hmm about 8 years since last really spoke it , wishes she kept it up now

roundthebend4 · 09/08/2010 08:12

pst ds plays basketball,

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.