My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Weekend FLY - May Bankholiday

90 replies

TheMadHouse · 03/05/2008 07:22

Morning all

I was hoping for a lie in today as the boys didnt go to bed till 10.30 last night and were really good at the party, but no.

We are up, DS1 has a sore willie again, so I am going to have to ring the OOH doctors

The party was great fun and they were really supprised.

I have the washer on

but I am going for a bath

OP posts:
Jas · 03/05/2008 07:29

Morning

I've just started a thread too, but I'll come over here.

My dds didn't go to bed til 12.00 last niht so I was hoping for a lie in too,but ds was up at 6 as usual.

Glad the party was good, but for ds.

We had a lovely night too, and I now have eyebrows and lashes you can see

BiancaCastafiore · 03/05/2008 08:01

Good morning

Glad you both had good nights THH and Jas

Sorry poor ds1 isn't feeling good this morning TMH

We had a good time at the party despite the competitive mums - I drank more than I should (free-flowing wine, didn't notice how much I'd had but fell it this morning!)
Dd came along with us in the end as we realised quite a few of the other girls from her class would be there. She loved it but eventually feel asleep in a chair so we brought her home at 11ish.
Ds was awake early and dh had to leave the house just before 7am so we'll all be tired and grumpy later I expect.

I have a friend coming for lunch so need to get out of bed and get the house straight.
It's a sunny day so I'd liek to get the bedding washed while I can dry it on the line.

Jas · 03/05/2008 08:05

Glad you enjoyed it Bianca

I'd like to wash bedding too, but dp didn't come in til 5am so I can't see him getting up any time soon.
I'll drag him out of bed when the dds wake up.

I have to go and buy a stair gate for ds' bedroom door today (he was out of the cot again last night) and am going to go and pick up my new glasses

BiancaCastafiore · 03/05/2008 08:09

Yay for new glasses Jas (forgot to say how I was at the optition charging you £20 for dds glasses the other day btw )
Will you show us some pics when you ahve the glasses? Can't remember which ones you chose in the end...

I'm thinking about saving up for some new perscription sunglasses as I struggle to drive without any and the ones I have aren't v good.

FunkyGlassSlipper · 03/05/2008 08:43

Glad the party went well Bianca.
Very excited for new glasses Jas!

DD1 does indeed have chicken pox....

RubyRioja · 03/05/2008 09:19

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiancaCastafiore · 03/05/2008 09:25

Aww, poor dd FGS hope she's not poorly with the spots x

Ruby good luck with the garden furniture
I'll get dd to measure the bathroom with me as soon as she's dressed (she's swanning round dressed as a Brownie atm your parcel just arrived Jas, thank you x)

intravenouscoffee · 03/05/2008 09:29

Morning all.
FGS was just about to post saying that DD had some pox-looking spots on thursday which all vanished overnight and now she's fine but that's obviously not the case with your DD... hope she's okay. A friend recommended aqueous calamine lotion as it's soothing but doesn't dry on the skin like normal calamine. Think you can get it from Boots.
Ruby Think our bathroom is 2metres by 2.4metres but not totally sure. Marketing doc sounds exciting.
TMH Poor DS. Hope you get hold of a Dr
Bianca Glad the party was good. Am going to try to do my sheets today too
Jas Hope the new glasses are good. The lashes and eyebrows should show them off perfectly!
DD back in bed after getting up at 6am (urgh)
Trying to catch up with some flying. We're going to a wedding tomorrow so need to pack stuff. First one we've taken DD to so am slightly nervous..

BiancaCastafiore · 03/05/2008 09:50

Our bathroom is 2.5m x 2.1m

RubyRioja · 03/05/2008 10:34

intravenouscoffee · 03/05/2008 10:38

1.5m wide? We'd have no room for a sink and that's all that's in our bathroom - bath and sink! (Toilet in separate room)Def sounds a bit big. Our old bathroom was tiny and with a bath that wide in we wouldn't have been able to open the door. Are bathrooms bigger in france or something?

RubyRioja · 03/05/2008 10:41

intravenouscoffee · 03/05/2008 10:51

Sounds like they're lucky to have you on the case Ruby. Have you always been in marketing?

RubyRioja · 03/05/2008 10:52

RubyRioja · 03/05/2008 10:52

Shannaratiger · 03/05/2008 11:17

Morning everyone

Bianca TMH & Jas glad all you party animals had a great time
TMH hope ds1 gets better soon.
Jas hope you all manage a nap later/ an early night, why did DP not get in till 5am?
FGS DC's have chicken pox, but better nwo than later, not much help atm though.
Ruby well done on the job.
IV hope the wedding goes well tomorrow, i'm sure DD will be fine.

DC's are demanding attention
BBL

Shannaratiger · 03/05/2008 11:39

Back again

Hello to any newbies. Signed back up to FLYlady yesterday, worked out how to open up seperate folders for all the e-mails, thanks to whoever it was who mentioned it.
Betterware order arrived yesterday
Decided to use my small super flat duster to clean around the pipes by the skirting boards yuck . I don't think they've ever been cleaned, the duster needs washing allready after 10 mins. The big duster will actualy fit right under the cooker, fridge and freezer. Problem is I don't want to use the duster under them as they need cleaning rather than dusting. Am trying to think of another cloth I can try and attach to the removable plastic strip inside the duster, any suggestions?
Sunday night am going to use my carbon remover stuff to coat the oven door, hopefully by the morning will wash off with cold water.

Am going to try and get the dc's an early lunch so we can get to the library and the park, to make the most of the lovely sunshine.

Have a good day everyone
BBL

Jas · 04/05/2008 06:52

No messages all afternoon/evening yesterday?

FunkyGlassSlipper · 04/05/2008 06:57

Hi Jas - we aare beseiged with the pox so been busy. Hardly slept last night. DD is suffering really bad with it I counted about 150 spots just on one arm earlier. And her ;'bits' are agony.

How's you? Up early on a Sunday?

BiancaCastafiore · 04/05/2008 07:01

Morning Jas and FGS.

FGS poor dd, that sounds nasty. My ds had it much worse than my dd - he too had sore 'bits' too...in fact "sore" was one of his first words after having CP I was told to add bicarb of soda to bath water to help soothe them.

Jas · 04/05/2008 07:11

FGS DD1 was the same. I couldn't get her to even sit in a bath of any kind, and she wouldn't let me touch her. Give everything you can orally...piriton syrup, calpol, ibuprofen. Hopefully it will not last too long.

Bianca Glad the parcel arrived ok

Shanna - How is the oven?
DP went out Frida night to stay out of the way of all my mates but instead ofcoming home when the pub shut, he went to his mates house, and lost ttrack of time. I did make him get up with the dds, but he didn't get much done all day as a result.

IC Enjoy the wedding The dds have never been to one, and wold love to get the chance.

*Ruby - I will measure up the bathroom and report back. Is it good to be using that brain again?

DS was up at 6 as always, but as long as I get him up he is happy playing (currently driving cars up his dads leg!)
I'll sort glasses pics this week.

Jas · 04/05/2008 07:42

Ruby - Old/current bathroom 2.1m x3.8
new bathroom will be 1.2 x 2.7 wil a bit extra on the shorter measurement at one end to fit in a (small) bath.

BiancaCastafiore · 04/05/2008 08:02

Luda have a great day today

I have to work this afternoon so am not sure what we'll do with our time this morning. I'm feeling fed up with dh atm (again) so don't really feel like spending much time with him tbh.

The kids and I had a lovely day yesterday (dh was out for the day). We had a friend and her dcs over for lunch and then a lazy late afternoon/supper followed by a walk around the village and a stop at the playground before bed. It was gorgeous weather.

Need to do some laundry today but otherwise I'll avoid as much FLYing as possible

Jas · 04/05/2008 10:23

What is Luda doing today that I've missed?

Jas · 04/05/2008 10:25

Happy Birthday Ludaloo

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.