My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

<<<Weekend Fly>>>

87 replies

jasnDISMemBERED · 28/10/2006 08:24

Sorry I've not been around much.
As you can imagine with it being 1/2 term, I haven't done alot of flying. My kitchen is still great, but the rest of the house is not so good.

Tortoise - I got the stacking bricks this morning...thankyou!

I'm going to do lots of Flying today, and not allow myself back on here til its done

OP posts:
jasnDISMemBERED · 28/10/2006 08:26

FLY lady

OP posts:
ludaloo · 28/10/2006 08:27

Hi Jas...today is blitz day for me getting dc ready for school and stuff

Don't forget the clocks!!!

Have promised kids we'll make a chocolate cake too

Is there a mission or is it just a break from the bedroom??

ludaloo · 28/10/2006 08:29

Sorry..x posts...living room next week...good...needs a good sorting out!!

jasnDISMemBERED · 28/10/2006 08:30

No missions at the weekend.

I do all the beds, and errands as dp gets paid by cheque and I have to pay it in to the bank today.

OP posts:
QuootieSpookypie · 28/10/2006 08:39

morning! Feel so so so rough Got a real cough now, and it takes me forever to shake them. Wont do anything again today, but DH will have to when he gets home from work, as my mum is coming tomorrow.

ludaloo · 28/10/2006 08:42

QS...sad you are feeling unwell...have you tried Buttercup cough syrup? I found it last month, I'm sure I used to have it as a kid...I remember the taste!
Anyway it works a treat

QuootieSpookypie · 28/10/2006 08:50

have to be careful what I take as BFing. DS has got it aswell... he keeps sneezing.

ludaloo · 28/10/2006 08:58

aww..poor you...paracetamol might help then? hope you both feel better soon

QuootieSpookypie · 28/10/2006 09:01

taken 2 .... thanks anyway

batinshoes · 28/10/2006 13:38

hi all, sorry you arent feeling well Q. I still have a cold which is moving down to chest and i cant take anything either

been out this morning and bought a 3 tier plastic rack to put all my veggies in for the utility room. Much nicer and i can stop keeping them in the plastic bags they come in now

shattered after party last night so no flying today. house is a tip already..

batinshoes · 28/10/2006 13:38

hi all, sorry you arent feeling well Q. I still have a cold which is moving down to chest and i cant take anything either

been out this morning and bought a 3 tier plastic rack to put all my veggies in for the utility room. Much nicer and i can stop keeping them in the plastic bags they come in now

shattered after party last night so no flying today. house is a tip already..

batinshoes · 28/10/2006 13:39

sorry for double post....silly puter

ParanoidAndroid · 28/10/2006 16:16

Afternoon girls! We're just back from a week in Devon. We hired a sweet cottage (read = tiny) and I'm pleased to say, thanks to you lot, it was a darn sight cleaner when we left than when we arrived!

It was nice coming back to a clean house!

Now I'm off to 'fly lady' the landrover as it is absolutely full of cr*p from 4.5 hours in it.

QP - sorry to hear you're not well. Big horsey hugs from here

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 28/10/2006 16:53

Afternoon all. Theres not many around today. I still feeling crap.
Q I hope you feel better soon.
DD has been very cuddley today and has been sleeping loads so I dont think shes to well either. DSs are ok though, they are not being to bad either, Just seem to be fighting more over toys today.

I have not done any real FLYing for the last 2 days now. I did do the DW and clean the kitchen a bit. Have to keep the heart of the home going.
My mum (step mum) has said she will come here if she is needed. I would say "yes" "come now" but its hard to find somewhere for her to sleep. She said the sofa would be fine, but I dont like to see her sleeping like that. It would be ok if DD`s bed was up, but its all in peices and its a slat wooden 1 so it would take a lot to put together.

I hate being ill. I feel I am letting DC down

I better go and get their tea. I wish the chip shop was next door.

tortUREoisechamber · 28/10/2006 20:03

Hi all.
Quiet on heree today! Where is everyone?
I'm feeling a bit grotty still too. Headache and runny nose.
Sorry to hear others are not well either.
jas Glad the blocks arrived.Hope they are ok.
Notr Flown much today. Did a little in the loft and did kitchen after tea. Left front room becfause with 4 here it gets messed up too quickly!
I will have to do lots tomorrow because as far as i know at the moment i won't be around much for the 1st 3 days of the week.
I can't stop thinking about what will happen.

QuootieSpookypie · 28/10/2006 20:04

all ive done is clean the bathroom, but thats messy already again after me and DS had a bath...

Thats all im doing until im better...

nikkie · 28/10/2006 20:34

I have cleaned my bathroom twice today and its still filthy only needs dd2 to go in for 5 mins and she spreads toothpaste and toilet roll all over.

Good job I came here I forgot about the clocks

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 28/10/2006 20:40

Sorry you not feeling to good either tortoise. I have the headache and it does not want to go Its better than it was yesterday though.

DSs are in bed here but DD is sleeping on the sofa. She is not well either. She has a temp of 38c. She has been sleeping on and off all day.

My thoughts are with you for next week tortoise, I hope you can have DSs back home with you.

Q I hope you are feeling better soon. I have just had a hot bath. I used the last towel so I need to do a towel wash. The DW makes my head hurt more, so I don't know what the washing machine would do to it.

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 28/10/2006 20:50

nikkie Your DD sounds like a little toad My DD used to like to pull all the loo roll off the loo roll.
DS2 seems to wash his hands with more water ending up on the bathroom floor then left in the sink. (at least I have a clean bathroom floor)

Yep, the clocks go back tonight. 1 hr extra in bed.

Just need away of telling the DC that

nikkie · 28/10/2006 20:59

But she is 5 now she should be starting to get more sensible
And don't even mention water on the floor bathroom looked like a pool after their bathes this am!

tortUREoisechamber · 28/10/2006 21:01

Bathtime is always a nightmare in this house! Water everywhere.
And the other day they turned on the tap and put the plug in while washing their hands next thing i know im walking in to see water gushing across the floor from over flowing sink! Grrr!

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 28/10/2006 21:16

DS1 did that to me tortoise when he was 4 yo. You saying what you just put reminded me.
I did not know he had done it until I went out in to he kitchen and found water on the floor. At first I thought it was the washing machine. I went into the bathroom to get towels to put down on the floor and thats when I found the sink tap was on and plug in.

By the time I had it all clean up I had a very clean bathroom and kitchen floors.

SusiSkelletonInTheCloset · 28/10/2006 21:27

evening!
we too know the joys of flooding floors in the bathroom. ds and dd have their bath together and especially dd has discovered it's fun to splash with hands and feet and get mummy and daddy wet

haven't done much but still a few bits and pieces. kitchen is clean (scrubbed a couple more of cupboard doors - full with oily splashes ) - reinstalled the breadmaker and we are having fresh bread now [yummy] - slowcooker did a good job too and we had a lovely beef soup for dinner [very yummy]

turtle: i am thinking of you too! all the best
q: hope you get better soon. nothing worse than feeling ill with a little one!
and all the others: hope you had a good weekend!

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 28/10/2006 21:34

lol @ Susi name for tortoise. turtle:

tortoise you now live in the water too. If your DDs have their own way then you might if the do the sink again.

Thanks for making me smile Susi

Skribble · 28/10/2006 21:44

Evening all, wel worked all day and dinner at MIL, tomorrow the same so other than putting my breakfast dishes in dishwasher and a quick swipe around loo I won't be doing much. Goodness knows how I would manage anything if I worked full time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.