My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

<<<Weekend Fly>>>

87 replies

jasnDISMemBERED · 28/10/2006 08:24

Sorry I've not been around much.
As you can imagine with it being 1/2 term, I haven't done alot of flying. My kitchen is still great, but the rest of the house is not so good.

Tortoise - I got the stacking bricks this morning...thankyou!

I'm going to do lots of Flying today, and not allow myself back on here til its done

OP posts:
Surfermummystomb · 29/10/2006 10:34

That is so funny ludaloo, I'm picturing your dh in a pink and frilly dressing gown - please say he was wearing your fluffy slippers too .

I am feeling very pleased with myself. I'm on top of the housework, on top of the washing and better still on top of the ironing. I once read on here that if you take stuff straight out of the tumble dryer it doesn't need ironing and didn't take any notice. OMG - it's true! All this time I've been throwing it in the ironing basket and it's been getting more creased.

I'm really getting into the swing of decluttering, all I have to do now is take a big breath and give some or it away. I have a huge problem with doing that. Still it needs to go, so it's being sold, being given to the women's refuge or being binned. I do seem to have turned into my mum though and old knickers have appeared in the kitchen drawer and will be used as dusters - not that I get through hundreds of the things!

QuootieSpookypie · 29/10/2006 10:55

kitchen done - thats about it. DH wants a big breaksfast, but has only just gone down the shops to get some oil and bacon... and he leaves at 12, so, another rushed morning! I still need to have a shower, but, will have to wait now until DS is really settled and dash in & out (or let DH cook while I shower!). and theres the rest of the house to tidy, as my mums a pain in the backside! She thinks our house should be fully decorated by now, as if we have all the time and money in the world! She scans round the room when she comes... grrrr.... nightmare!

Phew - nice rant.

Surfermummystomb · 29/10/2006 10:59

How long have you been in the house Quooty?

QuootieSpookypie · 29/10/2006 11:06

since June but, we did spend nearly 2 months at MILs when FIL died.

tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 11:15

Q let DH cook. Your not well!!

Surfermummystomb · 29/10/2006 12:00

Well, we've been here 6 years and it still isn't finished!! My mum and dad go on at me about it too. I've just decided that it'll never get done if we try to do it ourselves, so I'm about to arrange someone to come in and do it for us.

QuootieSpookypie · 29/10/2006 12:43

DH did cook while I showered. Blitzed the nursery, bedroom and bathroom... taking a break now

I think I will get someone in to do the house, room by room because we are making it worse! DH is not handy at all!

tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 16:19

Been to town. Forgot the butter which was the main reason we went! That buggers up DD's lunch boxes tomorrow!
Doesn't matter about me.i won't be able to eat all day anyway.
DD's in bath now and tea is cooking.

nikkie · 29/10/2006 16:25

I've been here 8 Years in Feb and still haven't done th eliving room(well took the wood chip off then lining paper/painted but not done it properly) and my room is still pink from when it was the dds room (last Nov )

nikkie · 29/10/2006 16:28

I have put all the holiday washing away so do feel like I've done something today !

QuootieSpookypie · 29/10/2006 16:53

argh, mums just gone. The sewing machine wouldnt work...I have bad electric apparently??!!?? oh well... shes gone home now

popsycal · 29/10/2006 16:54

Right
i am back on the wagon tomorrow

living room is the zone which is okish for me

my tumble drier has just been fixed after 2 months out of action...my washing basket (s) is empty but the clean washing mountain is immense

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 29/10/2006 18:17

Evening all.

I should have gone to bed earlier last night I have felt like shit all day

ludaloo I like the dog story, that was funny! though it cant have been at the time, I wonder why the dog was wanting to get in your house?

Glad you are feeling a bit better Q

tortoise, the head is most likely be down to the next few days for you. But saying that I have a bad head too, so it might not be.

Good luck for next week and I am thinking of you.

Keep your chin up and keep strong. Your DC need you to do that.

I am trying to keep the DC up tonight with the new time. DD and DS2 are really tired as there body clocks are saying bed time but they still have an hour to go. They were up at 6am new time. I olny had about 2 hrs sleep by then! A bad night because of my cough.
I am so glad we dont have school to do tomorrow.

Right bath time for DC.

theHAUNTEDhazelnut · 29/10/2006 18:19

Q what electric do you need then? hehe

I did not know there were different sorts of electric lol

tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 18:46

DD's in bed already.Need them to be awake and up early tomorrow.
I just had a sneezing fit!
Sorry your not good HN.

jasnDISMemBERED · 29/10/2006 18:58

Haven't kept up to date at all lately, but wanted to say hope it all goes ok tomorrow tortoise, I'll be thinking of you this week.

OP posts:
tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 19:10

Thanks Jas.
DD's lunch boxes made.
Bath running!
Need to iron my smart trousers and shirt. Hope its not cold i don't have a smart jacket to wear!
Place is still a mess although i did tidy and hoover earlier!

QuootieSpookypie · 29/10/2006 19:50

mum rung, its her sewing machine - "not your electric". Well, thank god for that, eh?

jasnDISMemBERED · 29/10/2006 19:52

Love the wrong electric!

OP posts:
Skribble · 29/10/2006 19:55

Evening all, well guess who got up an hour early today , this was after I stayed up late watching xfactor for no apparent reason .

Just back from MIL so appart from putting away poly bags of stuff that I seem to come home with everytime I haven't done much.

I must put a load of school clothes on as DD only has one pair of trousers ATM. I don't wash over the weekend, well I am normally working so it lies in the machine all day. I think I will need to make sure I do a load of school stuf on Friday straight after school. I will try to get DH to iron the polo shirts as they are always crumpled looking.

tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 20:20

clothes ironed!
Q thanks for adding to my thread. Wish i hadn't started it cos now im paranoid wondering why not many have commented on it! I know,stupid!!
Not had bath yet.Will do soon.

batinshoes · 29/10/2006 20:28

DD went to bed at 7.30 rather than the usual 8-8.30. Now I dont know aht to do with myself

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

mummyscaryhouseonthehill · 29/10/2006 20:40

DC's room nearly decluttered most of the clothes have been put away or bagged to go in lift/charity shop.

Thats as far as i get.

Good luck tort will be thinking of you.

jasnDISMemBERED · 29/10/2006 20:43

I've not been on mn alot, but I've done loads here
I scrubbed my bathroom floor with bleach this morning, and it really looks better (it's solid wood, but we haven't got round to sanding/sealing it yet (QP we have been here 10 years and it still isn't done. 6 months is nothing)

OP posts:
tortUREoisechamber · 29/10/2006 20:53

I'm all clean and legs de-fuzzed!
Trying to keep my mind off it all at the moment! That will work until i switch comp off and go to bed.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.