Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU to think there is more to this than identifying as Transgender

DuvetHugger · 23/09/2022 15:47

A transgender teacher in Ontario is clearly trying to sexualise themselves to classes of teenage boys?

It's disgusting and infuriating. Why is this person allowed to wear those huge fake boobs with nipples on show?

Accuse me of being transphobic, I do not care. This behaviour is filthy and these men are dangerous.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Flapjack637 · 23/09/2022 15:49

Completely agree OP.

Please
or

Piffle11 · 23/09/2022 15:55

Totally agree.

I cannot believe that this person is being protected and backed in this way.

If a trans-man turned up with a huge prosthetic penis protruding from their trousers, I can't really imagine that being deemed okay. Nor a female teacher displaying breasts like this – real or fake.

I'm not sure what the parents are thinking: there is no way I would let my child be anywhere near this person.

Please
or

sst1234 · 23/09/2022 15:57

Anyone can see what this is. A risk to children.

Please
or

Saz12 · 23/09/2022 16:04

If I turned up to my work wearing that, my boss would definitely be wanting a word with me! I’d be amazed if colleagues wouldn’t also be asking me wtf I was thinking, and was I quite well?

It’s not a trans issue so much as one of basic professionalism.

Please
or

RoseslnTheHospital · 23/09/2022 16:05

Unfortunately it is a "trans issue" because that's the basis that the school are using to defend this teacher's choices and actions. No criticism of this behaviour can be allowed as a result.

Please
or

CampervanKween · 23/09/2022 16:07

Utterly obscene. Shows what a mockery this whole ideology is

Please
or

Zerogravity · 23/09/2022 16:07

Yanbu but this is unfortunately the very predictable consequence of the ridiculous way transgender "rights" have been written into law in Canada.

Please
or

DingDongDenny · 23/09/2022 16:09

It is clearly a sexual fetish, only appropriate behind closed doors and between consenting adults. One of the issues of allowing people to publically indulge in a fetish like this is it erodes normal and health boundaries which puts children and women at risk

Please
or

VickyEadieofThigh · 23/09/2022 16:11

it's going to get much worse than this - the men with fetishes have been given a free pass to impose them on others, including children.

Please
or

pastaandpesto · 23/09/2022 16:12

I saw this on Twitter when it was first reported and assumed it just had to be a hoax. But no! The school has not only confirmed it's authenticity, but has defended it.

Absolutely agree with the observation that pupils are being used as props in this individual's sexual fantasies.

Please
or

jeaux90 · 23/09/2022 16:15

Absolutely disgraceful. It's clearly a fetish, he even bought the fake boobs in a sex shop according to articles I've seen.

Please
or

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 23/09/2022 16:16

unherd.com/2022/09/liberals-have-a-fetish-problem/

Excellent article by Professor Kathleen Stock about this amongst other things.

Please
or

NightmareSlashDelightful · 23/09/2022 16:16

I still think it's a hoax. But not a manipulated picture (although I do think the nipples might have been added on digitally).

My wondering is whether this is a kind of stunt, a set-up, to test-case some aspect of the legal system in Canada.

Please
or

LuckyLil · 23/09/2022 16:16

It is clearly a sexual fetish, only appropriate behind closed doors and between consenting adults. One of the issues of allowing people to publically indulge in a fetish like this is it erodes normal and health boundaries which puts children and women at risk

A fetish is something you only do some of the time behind closed doors. What if this is what he does all day every day? Surely then it's no longer a fetish?

Please
or

lifeturnsonadime · 23/09/2022 16:17

What with this and this article in the times today www.thetimes.co.uk/article/1c01ac90-3a90-11ed-84dd-c16384999350?shareToken=60057f659e554f87d8b7fb78db7b88a0

Children in schools are being groomed not only to adopt trans identities but fetishist behaviour is being normalised.

And we are called transphobes for pointing it out.

Please
or

WifeMotherWorker · 23/09/2022 16:19

I agree!! It’s so inappropriate, unprofessional and provocative. I cannot understand how he has been allowed to continue in his role while wearing the prosthetics!!

Please
or

Allmarbleslost · 23/09/2022 16:20

YANBU. If an actual woman turned up to work with her nipples on display like that she'd be pulled into the office by management.

Please
or

SidewaysOtter · 23/09/2022 16:22

Absolutely this.

Please
or

Wouldloveanother · 23/09/2022 16:22

Are they strap on boobs or an awful boob job?

Please
or

00100001 · 23/09/2022 16:27

<Jaw dropping>

Please
or

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 23/09/2022 16:27

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 23/09/2022 16:16

unherd.com/2022/09/liberals-have-a-fetish-problem/

Excellent article by Professor Kathleen Stock about this amongst other things.

This is the start of that article.

Under what conditions should a person be free to indulge his sexual fetishes in public? This question was brought into stark relief last week at a school in Ontario, where the attire of a male teacher now identifying as a woman raised a new version of the old question “how many grains of sand make a heap?”: How many cup sizes make a pair of prosthetic breasts wildly inappropriate? Like the existence of the heap, at a certain relatively advanced size the inappropriateness seems blindingly obvious — but it’s hard to say exactly at what point this began.

Responding to its critics, Oakville Trafalgar High School has suggested that its teacher’s attire fell under the protected characteristics of gender identity and gender expression enshrined in Canadian law. It’s a similar argument to the one wheeled out a few days earlier to defend another sexual fetish being assimilated into the LGBTQI+ rainbow — this time by the World Professional Association for Trans Health (WPATH) in its new medical guidelines, widely considered as the gold standard in trans healthcare.

There are several striking things about WPATH’s latest edition — not least the absence of stated minimum ages for surgical interventions on dysphoric minors. But for our purposes, I draw your attention to the chapter on eunuchs. Against initial appearances, this isn’t a chapter on how best to look after someone who has suffered an unfortunate loss in the tackle department. No — being a eunuch is now presented as a state of mind, irrespective of physical state. More specifically, it’s an unfairly stigmatised “gender identity” that in certain circumstances may require supervised surgical correction to mould outer flesh to inner fantasy. Just as our buxom Canadian is supposed to be a woman just because she feels like one, according to WPATH, if you lie in bed at night longing for castration, then you are already a eunuch — and a particularly vulnerable and stigmatised member of society because of it.

Please
or

headaboveparapet · 23/09/2022 16:31

I wonder how long it will be before this thread gets moved to the naughty corner (aka the feminism sex and gender board) as all these revelations have to be corralled there lest too many people realise what is happening.

Please
or

DingDongDenny · 23/09/2022 16:36

A fetish is something you only do some of the time behind closed doors. What if this is what he does all day every day? Surely then it's no longer a fetish?

I wish that were the case, but for some men part of the their fetish is to be affirmed as a woman, which can only happen in public. As someone said already he is using the children as props to his fantasy

I will clarify that I am not suggesting this typical for all transwomen and I'm sure a lot of them object to having their identity hijacked

Please
or

FictionalCharacter · 23/09/2022 16:36

LuckyLil · 23/09/2022 16:16

Fetishes are being paraded in public more and more. It’s all part of the fun for some of them. Look at all the bdsm and furry outfits at Pride parades.
For this teacher, being enabled by Canadian “equality” law and treated as an oppressed minority must be a dream come true. It validates the fetish and gets everyone dancing to his tune.

Please
or

VickyEadieofThigh · 23/09/2022 16:37

Wouldloveanother · 23/09/2022 16:22

Are they strap on boobs or an awful boob job?

MASSIVE fake ones. Unfeasibly massive fake ones.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?