Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to think there is more to this than identifying as Transgender

114 replies

DuvetHugger · 23/09/2022 15:47

A transgender teacher in Ontario is clearly trying to sexualise themselves to classes of teenage boys?

It's disgusting and infuriating. Why is this person allowed to wear those huge fake boobs with nipples on show?

Accuse me of being transphobic, I do not care. This behaviour is filthy and these men are dangerous.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

524 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
3%
You are NOT being unreasonable
97%
PlinkPlonkFizz · 23/09/2022 17:52

That man is a pervert, no question about it. The school are so far up their own idealogical arseholes they'll put the safety of the young people behind that of a pervert.

Cornettoninja · 23/09/2022 18:03

It’s a fetish trying to fly under the radar of trans. He’s not even attempting to dress appropriately at his job surrounded by children.

Maybe I’m sheltered but even putting the comedy tits to one side, what teacher routinely dresses in skin tight tops and cycling shorts? If he wants to wear them he should still be subject to dressing in an appropriate way.

BirdinaHedge · 23/09/2022 18:23

No woman would be taken seriously if she turned up to teach looking like that.

And it is totally insulting towards his female colleagues and pupils. So insulting

FOJN · 23/09/2022 18:23

There are multiple images of this individual on line. The photo in the OP is a still taken from video footage. The comedy breasts, nipples and schools response are all real. It's hard to know whether this individual is trolling, making a point or loving the licensed to indulge their fetish in public. A woman would not get away with dressing like that at work. Are cycling shorts really acceptable for teachers?

The students have reported their discomfort but are too afraid to say anything because of possible consequences, it's not an unreasonable conclusion to reach given the schools response.

Even IF we ignore the obvious public exhibition of their fetish the teacher is inappropriately dressed for the class they are teaching. The video the still is taken from shows the teacher demonstrating the use of a mitre saw but their hair is not tied back and they don't appear to be wearing safety glasses. It's a minor point in the scheme of things but it suggests they are not even particularly good at their job.

RebeccaCloud9 · 23/09/2022 18:24

I am a female teacher. If I turned up to work like this I would expect to be sacked.

NightmareSlashDelightful · 23/09/2022 18:45

I still think there’s more to it, or something else going on here. The whole set-up is just so peculiar. And as @FOJN says, there are other aspects at play; no protective eyewear, loose hair etc. What true teacher would fail on multiple points like that?

Also, the wording of the school/board response suggests to me that this is a public escalation of an ongoing stand-off between the school and that teacher, perhaps concerning competence.

Gut feel — I think this is someone deliberately trying to get fired so they can sue the school board for compensation, Mr Garrison-style. (South Park)

Every trans person I know in real life thinks this person is a) an embarrassment at best; b) not remotely representative of trans people generally; and c) pursuing some other agenda.

TheKeatingFive · 23/09/2022 19:27

not remotely representative of trans people generally

The point is that Canada's approach to gender identity and expression makes it impossible to deal with this person appropriately. There are lots of comments on Twitter along the lines of 'this is their truth, what's it to you'?

Yazo · 23/09/2022 19:35

Saying their appearance is unacceptable is one thing, if anything it makes me concerned about their mental health and I'd expect any teacher that turned up like that to be sent home. We all have dress standards at work. Otherwise plenty of trans bashing on this thread sadly. "These men" this is an article about one person so what are you trying to say about a whole community?

TheKeatingFive · 23/09/2022 19:42

Otherwise plenty of trans bashing on this thread sadly

See, this is the issue. Try to articulate why this isn't acceptable and you'll be accused of trans bashing.

thirstyformore · 23/09/2022 19:46

Ffs EnvyEnvyEnvy

Rank. Anyone saying it's not about his own sexual fetishes is in denial. Completely inappropriate to have kids exposed to this level of twattishness

FourChimneys · 23/09/2022 19:46

I would not have knowingly let my DC be taught by a pervert. They would have been out of that school the very day I first saw that man.

TinaYouFatLard · 23/09/2022 19:52

This is the logical and entirely predictable conclusion of progressive identity politics. Progressivism by its very nature can never reach its goals because it must keep pushing and pushing “forward” forever. What next? I’m sure many of us can guess but aren’t allowed to say out loud.

DuckBilledFattypus · 23/09/2022 19:56

I can't believe that teacher is allowed to wear an enormous pair of fake tits to school. It's really unprofessional. And it's a fetish played out with the kids as an unwilling prop.

UWhatNow · 23/09/2022 19:57

I just wonder why the grown ups aren’t in charge any more? Any education leader with half a brain and with the well-being of young people at the heart of what they do would have said fuck the law, this is plainly wrong. What the fuck is going on that this is being normalised and worse, defended?

Cillery · 23/09/2022 19:59

My kids would be out of that school because I object to them being taught by obvious perverts. The government of Canada has allowed itself to be taken in by these idiots. ‘Progressive’? Don’t make me laugh! All the worse perversions of the ancient Roman Empire!

Ndd135632 · 23/09/2022 20:00

See

BaddityHabbityHoppingPot · 23/09/2022 20:00

When I was a teacher I got given a formal warning for wearing a chunky knit, knee length jumper. I was young and slim and targeted over my older colleagues as they all wore similar. I was an a cup.
What's good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander, eh?

00100001 · 23/09/2022 20:03

Yazo · 23/09/2022 19:35

Saying their appearance is unacceptable is one thing, if anything it makes me concerned about their mental health and I'd expect any teacher that turned up like that to be sent home. We all have dress standards at work. Otherwise plenty of trans bashing on this thread sadly. "These men" this is an article about one person so what are you trying to say about a whole community?

If female teacher with massive tits dressed like this, they would be hauled into HR or H&S and told to dress appropriately. So this person should also. Because it's not transphobia to say this is a fucking ridiculous way to dress in a school.

They're not dressed appropriately. They're not dressed safely.

3peassuit · 23/09/2022 20:05

Surely there are health and safety regulations that this person must be in breach of. Beyond grim.

FOJN · 23/09/2022 20:06

Every trans person I know in real life thinks this person is a) an embarrassment at best; b) not remotely representative of trans people generally; and c) pursuing some other agenda.

This is the natural consequence of self ID, this person says they are trans so they are, therefore they absolutely are representative of trans people. This individuals agenda, if they have one, is not really relevant, they have said they are a transwoman and no one can prove otherwise. You cannot address the way this person presents themselves for work without the likelihood of facing accusations, and given its Canada, probably charges, of discrimination.

Do we really want to stay silent as we are gaslit and insulted if we say this is wrong?

TheKeatingFive · 23/09/2022 20:08

The school has made a statement to say that this individual is not in breech of the school dress code (which forbids showing nipples) because the code is 'only for pupils'. Apparently.

They're terrified of reprimanding this person.

TheNestedIf · 23/09/2022 20:11

It's more a "parading your fetish in public" issue than a trans issue.

I don't think anyone else has picked up on this, but I'm fairly sure I know where he's getting this look from. Google "Ursula Udders" images, and you'll see what I mean. The images are from a John Walters film called "A Dirty Shame". It's about sex, kinks and fetishes.

It's a film I actually really like, but seeing it acted out on children is absolutely sickening.

elgreco · 23/09/2022 20:13

I had to use a lathe for a while in college, all the women and long haired men were made to tie their hair back, none of the tutors wore ties. Those type of machines are fucking lethal if part of you gets caught up.

That man is grim and his superiors are negligent.

Hamster1111 · 23/09/2022 20:13

Oh hell no. I would take my child out of this school. This digusts me. A pervert protected by law.

canyouextrapol · 23/09/2022 20:17

I'd love to know if their stance would be if a female member of staff turned up with a giant fake visible penis

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.