Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Whats your perfect roast dinner?

153 replies

Moominfan · 29/09/2018 18:13

Making one tomorrow and won't be bothering with yorkshire puddings, don't care for them at all. I think they're the weakest part of the meal. My other half is aghast at this. wondering what everyone else's perfect Sunday dinner includes

OP posts:
Angrybird345 · 29/09/2018 18:15

You can’t be bothered with Yorkshire puddings ... your dh should divorce you!!! The best bit with every roast, especially beef!

Squidgee · 29/09/2018 18:16

Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puddings, roast potatoes, boiled new potatoes, then a choice of 3 veg from broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, green beans or runner beans, all covered in home made gravy made with proper dripping.

Unicornandbows · 29/09/2018 18:16

Whattt yorkies make the roast a roast nooooooooooooo

MissusGeneHunt · 29/09/2018 18:17

I'm going round to the @Squidgee household... Yum yum!

Agentornika · 29/09/2018 18:17

Roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes, parsnips, cauli, broccoli, sprouts, Yorkshire pudding, lashings of gravy and mint sauce

Schmoochypoos · 29/09/2018 18:18

Yorkshires, stuffing, crackling, cauliflower cheese!

Quandary2018 · 29/09/2018 18:18

Roast lamb, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, peas, carrots, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, mint sauce and gravy

iklboo · 29/09/2018 18:18

won't be bothering with yorkshire puddings, don't care for them at all. I think they're the weakest part of the meal.

You must be doing them wrong Grin

Alwaysatyke · 29/09/2018 18:19

If you think yorkshires are the weakest element them you must've only ever had rubbish ones Smile

MissusGeneHunt · 29/09/2018 18:20

Yabvu by the way! Got to have yorkies. Roast isn't a roast without...

Lamb is our favourite, roasties, gravy, yorkies, two green veg, carrots, roast parsnips if there's room in the oven, mint sauce.. Mmmm Grin

bellsbuss · 29/09/2018 18:20

Cauliflower cheese, stuffing ,yorkshires , crispy roasties done in goose fat

Ffsnosexallowed · 29/09/2018 18:20

Leg of lamb, roasties, yorkies, peas, broccoli, some sort of stuffing, gravy.

greendale17 · 29/09/2018 18:22

Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, parsnips, peas and brocolli

DollyDayScream · 29/09/2018 18:22

Roast beef - Yorkshire's, cauliflower cheese, English mustard, horseradish cream.

Chicken - stuffing, pigs in blankets.

Pork - crackling & stuffing

Lamb - mint sauce

All - roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, cabbage, parsnips. swede, green beans, broccoli, sprouts, butternut squash, courgettes, carrots.

AnnabelTheAntelope · 29/09/2018 18:23

Roast chicken, non-meaty stuffing (my nan’s recipe), mashed potatoes instead of roast (I know Shock), carrot & parsnip mash, peas & wine-y gravy.

Amanduh · 29/09/2018 18:23

Ew, yorkshires are only for Beef. Crackling for Pork obvs.
My fave is lamb, spuds, peas, stuffing, gravy. Simple but the best. Or for Christmas - turkey, packet and fresh stuffing, spuds, peas, parsnips, pigs in blanket and gravy. I’m hungry now!

ACatsNoHelpWithThat · 29/09/2018 18:23

Roast pork with crackling, pigs in blankets (made with streaky bacon and mini frankfurters from Lidl) or sage and onion stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese or creamed spinach, peas and gravy. Followed by an epic mid-afternoon slump Blush

bridgetreilly · 29/09/2018 18:23

Roast pheasant, bread sauce, stuffing, game chips, mashed potato, sausage in bacon, veg, yorkshire puddings. I don't think I've ever managed this all on one plate, but I live in hope.

HashTagLil · 29/09/2018 18:23

Your DP should LTB OP. Shocking!

Roast dinner for me would be lamb, roast potato, yorkshire puddings, broccoli, mint sauce and gravy. And a spoon to eat the minty gravy left on the plate. I'm drooling now.

tillytoodles1 · 29/09/2018 18:24

Roast pork with apple sauce and stuffing, Roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, parsnips, savoy cabbage and lovely rich gravy Yum.

LongSummerDays · 29/09/2018 18:25

won't be bothering with yorkshire puddings

You absolute heathen Shock

Thingsdogetbetter · 29/09/2018 18:25

One cooked by someone else when I don't have to wash up! Grin

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

OopsPardonMrsArden · 29/09/2018 18:25

Any roast meat, but must include Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, gravy, cauliflower cheese, other veg such as carrots and peas and both horseradish and mint sauce. Plus a bottle of red wine.

SilverOnToast · 29/09/2018 18:26

Sprouts must be either roasted or fried with bacon, then eaten with roasted carrots, parsnips and potatoes with roast beef or chicken (I love a whole chicken with lemon and white wine, or if I’m lazier chicken wings with Nando’s rub).

ToadOfSadness · 29/09/2018 18:26

Quorn roast (can't stand nut roast things), Yorkshires, roast and mash potatoes, cabbage, carrots and peas, roast parsnips and lots of thick gravy without added flavours like mint and stuff.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.