Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AMA

I don't want children... AMA

129 replies

MrDarcysMa · 11/07/2020 12:08

Anticipating the most common one : yes I am aware this is a parenting website, I signed up to MN because over the last 10 years everything I googled - fashion/ consumer stuff had a thread about it on here!

OP posts:
Joebloggsss · 18/07/2020 22:55

@GlummyMcGlummerson

How did you have such good foresight?
I have 2 kids. I can't with all honesty say I'd have kids if I had my time again. Sad

Is motherhood that bad?
GlummyMcGlummerson · 18/07/2020 23:03

Joebloggsss for me, yes. It's exhausting and thankless and the stuff you have to do with them is dull. I think I'm quite a selfish person, I'd be happy to spend the rest of my days living alone with a shelf full of books and the TV full of box sets. I love my own company, and yet I haven't been to the toilet in my own house in 8 years without someone following me or shouting on me or banging the door. If I'd known there was such little enjoyment of the days o would have definitely thought twice.

That said I don't speak for everyone and plenty of people genuinely enjoy motherhood. And I genuinely love my kids, it's not personal to them, but the life motherhood affords is anything but a walk in the park

Joebloggsss · 18/07/2020 23:08

You’ve got a lot of good points! I’m intrigued to hear your view. Honestly I feel like that on some bad days although I think I may know why I feel like that at times (lack of support). I don’t ever feel it’s thankless though.

MrDarcysMa · 19/07/2020 10:46

Oh glummy sorry you're having a hard time. Yes tbh that's how I always imagined being a parent would be, which put me off.
Sounds like they're getting older and more independent though so hope you get your life back a bit soon x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.