Chez Ollie - All welcome especially Not My Cats. General Cat chat thread

(978 Posts)
TheLongRider Thu 13-May-21 16:50:26

Time for a new thread.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_litter_tray/4176669-Cat-chat-thread-the-umpteenth-the-Caf-is-open-all-welcome

I hope the cat hand over goes well.

OP’s posts: |
Justonedayatatime11 Thu 13-May-21 16:52:08

Thanks for the new thread @TheLongRider

Allergictoironing Thu 13-May-21 17:43:11

Thanks TheLongRider

LikeAnOldFriend Thu 13-May-21 17:47:56

Can I join? Bringing home our first family cats, two lovely kittens, at the end of June so spending all my time reading, learning and preparing! But the news must have spread in the village as this Not My Cat came to visit this morning (and again this afternoon!) to the kids’ (and my...) delight...

Defiantly41 Thu 13-May-21 19:09:25

Good luck with the rescue mission @QueenPaw

Hope your surgery goes OK @Supersimkin2. Cap'n will waste away to a twig while you're gone without 24 hour snack dispensing

And thanks to @TheLongRider for the new thread

coastergirl Thu 13-May-21 19:38:18

Hello! 👋

Good luck with surgery Lana. Good luck being Catwoman Queen. Just that is one very cute (if stinky) kitty. Hi to everyone else. Nothing exciting to report here.

Supersimkin2 Thu 13-May-21 20:05:56

Been forced to set up second telly. Will put snooker on for him shortly.

Advertisement

Aprilwasverywet Thu 13-May-21 20:18:19

We have had our dkitten since November.. A well needed friend for our sad and depressed dcat after his db died suddenly.. Up until now she has been restricted to one big room. Huge dcat tree, toys, bay window to see the view and 2 very willing dcat slaves (2x dd's) due to her size. Only hit 2kg a month ago.. Wasn't sure if she was up to self defense (we have ddogs).
This past 2 weeks she has been exploring the house (3 storey) and loving it!! She has a relationship of sorts with 1ddog so far. Dpuppy is scared of her and barks!! Teen ds is Chief Supervisor... So lovely to see them all making friends!!

Grumpyoldpersonwithcats Thu 13-May-21 20:46:05

Thanks for the new thread.

2 of mine sitting nicely at the kitchen table waiting for breakfast this morning.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 13-May-21 20:49:17

Oh, I've never been on one of these threads before.
This is silly Jemima, my secret favourite, just don't tell the other two!

TheLongRider Thu 13-May-21 20:53:16

Hobbes decided to assist with the gardening today.

coastergirl Thu 13-May-21 21:34:40

Cap'n has exquisite taste in TV. I love snooker.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 13-May-21 21:37:27

Not My Cat is very handsome @LikeAnOldFriend, beautiful eyes.

Supersimkin2 Thu 13-May-21 21:38:01

@TheLongRider Hobbes so gorgeous. Any chance of a recent study of Nemo?

Supersimkin2 Thu 13-May-21 21:39:34

Jemima is beautiful. Green eyes the best.

NowYouListenToMeFella Thu 13-May-21 22:02:30

Thanks for the new thread. Gorgeous cats all round.

Can I ask if anyone has had a cat like Tom. Adopted him in February, he's around 15 months now and was semi feral if not feral. No idea of his background. No way could I attempt to pet him. He runs away if I get too close to him when just going about my normal business. If anyone knocks on the door or calls he legs it and hides.

I just want him to be comfortable around me and not be so anxious. Is there is anything I can do to help him?

TheLongRider Thu 13-May-21 22:45:24

Does Tom ever come looking for you? If you're sitting down is he comfortable in the same room as you?

Toddlerteaplease Thu 13-May-21 22:55:29

Managed to get this pic of Cheddar this evening.

NowYouListenToMeFella Thu 13-May-21 23:01:00

TheLongRider

Does Tom ever come looking for you? If you're sitting down is he comfortable in the same room as you?

If I am lying on the couch he will sit on the other couch or under the coffee table. Comes into my room in the mornings to get me up for his breakfast. Will come to me looking for treats or for food.

TheLongRider Thu 13-May-21 23:13:48

Could you use treats or food as a way of getting closer to him? I've got cats to trust me if they'll accept treats from me. Hold out treat in one hand and try and stroke the cat with your other hand. It takes time.

It's good that he comes looking for you.

Defiantly41 Thu 13-May-21 23:37:43

Lovely pic of Cheddar Toddler

TheLongRider Fri 14-May-21 00:08:44

@Supersimkin2 For your eyes only, the youngling asleep on the largest sofa.

swampytiggaa Fri 14-May-21 06:51:47

Me and Gomez

swampytiggaa Fri 14-May-21 06:53:37

Tried numerous times to post that! She always sits with her head on my knee. When she sits on my daughter she has her bum on her knee iyswim.

Odd creature 😂😂

NowYouListenToMeFella Fri 14-May-21 06:58:38

TheLongRider

Could you use treats or food as a way of getting closer to him? I've got cats to trust me if they'll accept treats from me. Hold out treat in one hand and try and stroke the cat with your other hand. It takes time.

It's good that he comes looking for you.

That's good to hear. He has on occasion take a treat from my hand. So that's something. Slow and steady I suppose. If he is never comfortable with petting so be it. I won't be forcing him.

On a good note, he slept in my room last night. In his little cave bed under my dressing table. Progress 😀

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in