New Emmerdale thread...”he didn’t lick it off the grass David!”

(971 Posts)
PinkDaydreams Fri 12-Apr-19 20:20:24

That really tickled me!

RightOnTheEdge Fri 12-Apr-19 21:13:25

That made me properly snigger and I don't even know what it means grin
I've never heard it before.

PinkDaydreams Fri 12-Apr-19 21:14:57

I don’t know what it means either and haven’t heard it before. I’m going to try use it in real life though! grin

HettySunshine Fri 12-Apr-19 22:09:39

Marking my place. Love the tirls.

HettySunshine Fri 12-Apr-19 22:09:46

Marking my place. Love the thread title!

ILoveMaxiBondi Fri 12-Apr-19 22:13:12

grin

it means Jacob didn’t pick up his cheating behaviours out of thin air, he got them from his father. It’s another way of saying “the apple didn’t fall far from the tree”. It may be an Irish saying. I grew up with my father saying it to my mother if she was giving off about me being cheeky or “strong willed”. In other words he was telling my mum I had taken after her grin

Sunny1990 Sat 13-Apr-19 08:25:55

Love this 😂

PLEASE TELL SOMEONE LIV!!! Can not wait to see Layla go mental when she finds out!! This also might be the way they make the head teacher a bit more likeable, if it's her that takes Maya down

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 13-Apr-19 11:07:37

Oh yes! Golden opportunity for Jessie to redeem herself in our eyes. I think she will.

Smidge001 Sat 13-Apr-19 21:27:31

I quite like liv doing the blackmailing! I know I should be rooting for her to tell someone, but this is so much more like her grin

SingerNamedElephant Sat 13-Apr-19 21:42:05

Anyone else think Liv is trying to get the money for Rob and Aaron for their surrogacy?

PremierNaps Sun 14-Apr-19 15:34:16

Maya gets more grim as the weeks go on.

JaneJeffer Sun 14-Apr-19 19:55:44

https://www.britishsoapawards.tv/
If anyone wants to vote (for Emmerdale of course)

PinkDaydreams Mon 15-Apr-19 10:11:49

Yes @Singer. I thought that straight away! I think another poster on the previous thread rightly pointed out how would she explain where she got the money from though?!

PaulHollywoodsSexGut Mon 15-Apr-19 12:29:01

No question @singernameselephant

JaneJeffer Mon 15-Apr-19 20:13:14

I'm so glad Liv didn't take the ring. I was shouting at the telly. I was afraid Maya would stitch her up for the robbery.

ILoveMaxiBondi Mon 15-Apr-19 20:32:15

I hope Liv recorded that conversation too and plays it for Eric so he knows that Jacob and and Maya were going to sell Val’s ring to cover up their affair.

Corneliawildthing Mon 15-Apr-19 21:08:11

Checking in to the new thread. I hope the sly horrible Maya and dopey Jacob get their comeuppance very soon and put an end to this sordid storyline

ellenanora5 Mon 15-Apr-19 21:47:51

Was just going to start a new thread.

Didn't Liv have a lot of money from an inheritance, where is that gone, and yes I hope she tells soon, can't be having this drag on much longer.

We say "didn't lick it off the ground" grin

PrincessScarlett Mon 15-Apr-19 23:28:54

I think Liv used her inheritance to help Aaron buy their place together. Aaron didn't want to take it but Liv insisted.

Oh I can't wait for Maya and Jacob to be exposed. I really hope Liv tells everyone. And yes I hope she's recorded tonight's conversation about Val's ring. I think Liv needs to expose them soon before Maya comes up with a plan to ruin Liv.

ellenanora5 Tue 16-Apr-19 12:46:36

Thanks Princess that seems to ring a bell.

It was a really mean thing to do to steal the ring, he'd know how upset Eric would be.

PrincessScarlett Tue 16-Apr-19 16:33:56

Maya has turned Jacob into a really nasty boy.

LHMB Tue 16-Apr-19 18:22:53

Agree PrincessScarlett

ILoveMaxiBondi Tue 16-Apr-19 19:09:30

Why do Victoria and Moira suddenly have a problem with each other? I thought they were fine again?

Redshoeblueshoe Tue 16-Apr-19 20:37:47

I think Moira is the problem. She's nasty. The remark to Cain about Harriet was just bitchy.
Who do people think is stalking Harriet ?

ILoveMaxiBondi Tue 16-Apr-19 20:46:39

Yes Moira hasn’t become very nasty over the years. She never used to be.

I genuinely don’t care who is stalking Harriet. She’s a really boring character. I’ve never liked her. Maybe whoever is stalking her will kidnap her and that'll be the end of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »