Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DRY 18

(559 Posts)
vxa2 Fri 07-Jul-17 09:16:55

Link to old thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/2841743-DRY-17

BGJ43 Fri 07-Jul-17 10:06:57

#waves

seedsofchange Fri 07-Jul-17 16:35:32

Waves at vxa!

seedsofchange Fri 07-Jul-17 16:40:26

Ambar is absolutely wonderful! Has saved me from lapsing on several occasions. Sadly I ran out, which is one tiny part of why I lapsed last month. Mostly it was me not keeping up my self care systems and taking on far too much again, coupled with the ongoing crap stuff to do with family members, which I can't escape or go NC with. Day 7 here, out in BiG town having a sober treat of burger and gourmet fries in an upmarket place. Was yummy!
Seedlip I have tried, it's nice but imo not worth all that money I'd rather buy Ambar!

steadyonnow Fri 07-Jul-17 22:14:27

I posted 3 months ago after 3 days a/f. it's taken me all that time to get to 4 days, but today I've done it! It may not seem much , but I feel really good and wanted to share. No one in rl knows I have a problem.

Cupofteaandtoilet Fri 07-Jul-17 22:31:56

Well done steady.

Day 24 for me today.

tinkerx5 Sat 08-Jul-17 08:00:53

Great work Steady! We are here for you. I'm the same...nobody around me knows either and if it wasn't for the support on this thread (previousy dry 17) I would not have got to a month AF. I've had one set back so far, which is why today is day 14 and not week 6 but it is still the best I've done in years. Thank you ladies smile.

Doesntfitthemould Sat 08-Jul-17 08:59:19

Hi ladies,
Day 6 for me today. I have a nice quiet weekend planned, going to do all the stuff I haven't managed to do for the last however many months because I've been a drunk/hungover mess!

seedsofchange Sat 08-Jul-17 19:25:38

Make sure you have a look at all the useful links posted at the start of Dry 17 thread - lots of helpful stuff there smile

Tutti Sat 08-Jul-17 19:51:57

Can I join 😳... I NEED to stop ... I'm drinking a bottle of wine a night .. 😔😔 I know it's wrong and I just feel disgusted with myself ... I have lurked lurked and now is the time for me to acknowledge it's wrong .

steadyonnow Sat 08-Jul-17 20:46:51

5 days! Just taking one day at a time. Tutti maybe you can do the same.

Tutti Sat 08-Jul-17 21:44:42

Baby steps .. went to the shop
To get cat food . .. and normally would have bought a bottle .. got chocolate instead ... day 1 nearly over 😳

tinkerx5 Sun 09-Jul-17 09:54:52

That's great stuff Tutti. I found I needed to avoid supermarkets and the local shop for a bit if I could as a habit-breaker, and I tried online shoppibg for a bit. I also tried stores I didn't usually visit, and since I didn't usually go in them, I usually had no desire to educate myself on where the alcohol was so that was also a habit-breaker for me.

efc1878 Sun 09-Jul-17 14:57:33

Hi everyone,

Welcome to everyone starting up this weekend, again strongly recommend links on start of dry 17.

I'm doing 100 day challenge, day 35 here. Weekend away and nice to be home clear headed and rested.

Tutti Sun 09-Jul-17 19:48:59

Day 2 nearly done ... spent the day reading mummy was a secret drinker .. and can relate to all of it 😳... bought some nice drinks .. Sicilian lemon and garden mint presse .. looked at the becks blue .. but have never drunk beer really .. so decided against .. but handy to know it's there ... bought the alcohol free blush ... was ok ... but too sweet for my liking ... so won't buy again ... but satisfying to hear the pop as it opened all the same ... 😊

efc1878 Mon 10-Jul-17 10:51:10

Hi

tutti hope the rest of the evening went ok. I find going to bed early helps if I'm struggling, even if not to sleep just to lie down and be calm.

It's so nice not starting a week hungover/bloated/ashamed!

Day 36 here, keep going everyone.

HopesDaddy Mon 10-Jul-17 12:52:08

Checking in on the new thread.. day 713 AF after some years of dangerous alcohol intake. Congrats to anyone successfully fighting the good fight.

If you are new here, well done for getting this far. It's the start of being truly honest with yourself.

For lurkers.. if you're worried take a look at the older threads.. some great people on here with great experience of quitting the evil stuff and sound advice.

KOKO

Mylittlesunshines Mon 10-Jul-17 19:47:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mylittlesunshines Mon 10-Jul-17 19:48:52

Mylittlesunshines Mon 10-Jul-17 19:51:44

PinkLemonadeforme Mon 10-Jul-17 21:27:17

Hello can I join you?
My name is Pink
Was previously really helped by this thread a few years ago -similar name.
AF for a year and then decided one would be ok.
You know the rest...hmm

Mylittlesunshines Mon 10-Jul-17 21:54:13

PinkLemonadeforme Mon 10-Jul-17 22:11:39

No
Have stopped totally .
I found this thread got me through last time

tinkerx5 Mon 10-Jul-17 22:26:48

Welcome Pink!

steadyonnow Mon 10-Jul-17 23:01:40

One week down! Just went in the shop and bought a coke. Ignored everything else. Determined to keep this up this time .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: