To not vacuum neighbour's car

(231 Posts)
TheUnexpectedPickle Tue 27-Jul-21 18:55:58

I really don't think IABU but juuuuust in case...

Off work today, doing a few jobs. Decided to vacuum and clean inside of my car (which turned out to be a bigger job than I thought as I've not done it since I got the car in September 😬)

Upstairs neighbour went out as I was starting and came back as I was topping up screen wash. Said "you're doing a great job, are you ok to do mine next". I laughed, standard (not that funny but common) joke right?

Wrong. She was serious. I said I don't have time to do another car now. She asked if I can do it tomorrow as she doesn't have a hand held vacuum. I said she is welcome to borrow mind (a stick shark) but I'm back at work tomorrow. She kind of huffed and said she thought I "might like to be neighbourly" and went in.

I mean... wtf!? I've never cleaned a neighbours car. I might do DPs if he was here but only cos he'd do mine if he was doing his.

BUT
1. I've moved to a smaller town from London and obviously the vibe is a bit different, people are more friendly etc.

2. Neighbour already is suspicious of me, she had a bee in her bonnet about me not going round to introduce myself when I moved in and once we had spoken I heard her telling her husband she didn't believe me about my job and wanted to call my employer to confirm I worked for them! (She has also speculated that my baby nephew was my baby who didn't live with me and thought he'd been taken away from me, but that's another thread)

So... should I have given her car a once-over to keep the peace or should I just avoid her and her batshittery?

OP’s posts: |
StevieNix Tue 27-Jul-21 18:57:35

No she’s batshit

MojoMoon Tue 27-Jul-21 18:57:39

Ignore and avoid

StCharlotte Tue 27-Jul-21 18:57:46

Avoid avoid avoid!

SpacePotato Tue 27-Jul-21 18:58:17

No, she is a cheeky fucker and absolutely batshit!

Ringing your employer? Wft.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 27-Jul-21 18:58:25

Total fruit loop

Therealjudgejudy Tue 27-Jul-21 18:58:52

She is clearly crazy!

Advertisement

chunderwunder Tue 27-Jul-21 18:59:46

You and your crazy cosmopolitan London ways, OP. It's totally normal to hoover your neighbours' cars out in the sticks. I did six today.

Annoy Tue 27-Jul-21 19:00:06

😱

Meraas Tue 27-Jul-21 19:01:37

Wow that’s next level entitlement.

I wouldn’t lend her your shark, you may not get it back or may get it back broken.

Thank God you said no, I was having palpitations then wink

rocketpower Tue 27-Jul-21 19:02:36

She's fucking mental.

Chronicallymothering Tue 27-Jul-21 19:03:15

My fee is £3 million dollars cackle

Idroppedthescrewinthetuna Tue 27-Jul-21 19:03:17

Have you removed the vacuum from her Colon? That is where mine would have ended up!

Bargebill19 Tue 27-Jul-21 19:03:30

Ignore the untitled cheeky fucker.

(And then update with the rest of her bat shit nonsense 🤣)

Sparklfairy Tue 27-Jul-21 19:03:48

She kind of huffed and said she thought I "might like to be neighbourly"

And what neighbourly things has she done for you?

GeorgiaGirl52 Tue 27-Jul-21 19:04:24

Vacuum her car and she will be accusing you of stealing something out of it and slandering you to the whole neighborhood. Avoid her.

Maryann1975 Tue 27-Jul-21 19:04:51

I have never cleaned anyone else’s car! None of my neighbours have ever offered to clean mine either. What an odd thing for her to cross about! She sounds absolutely bonkers!

Angryattrackandtrace Tue 27-Jul-21 19:05:22

😂😂😂

Crazy folk out there! Stay safe everyone!

EmmaGrundyForPM Tue 27-Jul-21 19:05:55

She sounds unhinged.

KarlUrbansWife Tue 27-Jul-21 19:06:14

She's bloody nuts! I wouldn't engage in conversation with her ever again...although you could have some fun with what she THINKS she knows about you grin

mbosnz Tue 27-Jul-21 19:06:39

I had similar with a neighbour, I was doing a great job mowing the lawn, would I come over and do theirs next? Laughed at the joke - looked at his face, and saw he was serious!

Ah, no mate, mow your own, or get your missus to do that as well as everything else I know for a fact that you never do.

Some people!

toughdaay Tue 27-Jul-21 19:07:29

Wow that's almost the most CF thing I've ever seen on here.

Mayhemmumma Tue 27-Jul-21 19:08:31

Oh gosh she's awful

thetaleunfolds Tue 27-Jul-21 19:08:40

That is some CF-ery!!

I remember the day my batshit crazy NDNs moved in, they knocked on my door and asked if I’d go unpack with them. They’ve been just as weird since. Some people are just so odd

Moelwynbach Tue 27-Jul-21 19:09:07

I don't think an answer is needed....run.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in