Talk

Advanced search

It’s a National Non-Emergency: Trump thread 91

(995 Posts)
TheClaws Sun 17-Feb-19 23:44:57

Here we are in February 2019 - Trump has declared a National Emergency to funnel the funds for his border wall, he’s just come off a ridiculous SOTU that contained more lies than not, and he’s just tweeted this:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
More
“These guys, the investigators, ought to be in jail. What they have done, working with the Obama intelligence agencies, is simply unprecedented. This is one of the greatest political hoaxes ever perpetrated on the people of this Country, and Mueller is a coverup.” Rush Limbaugh

But here’s a reminder he’s not one of the sharpest tools in the box.

TheClaws Sun 17-Feb-19 23:47:38

Previous thread:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3483245-Everybody-has-a-heart-Except-some-people-Trump-thread-90

TheClaws Mon 18-Feb-19 00:00:34

Jim Sciutto
Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
·
5h
“A senior German official..said: “No one any longer believes that Trump cares about the views or interests of the allies. It’s broken.”” -NYT

TheClaws Mon 18-Feb-19 00:02:31

This seems to be just what’s occurred.

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
·
5h
To be clear, division between the US and Europe is an explicit goal of Russia’s and a dream scenario for Putin. #TheShadowWar

cozietoesie Mon 18-Feb-19 00:15:39

Thanks, Claws.smile

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 00:23:47

Thanks Claws

TheClaws Mon 18-Feb-19 02:01:42

Ken Dilanian
@KenDilanianNBC
·
1h
This is the line of the McCabe interview. Trump saying he doesn't believe US intelligence that North Korea could hit the US with a nuclear missile because Putin told him it wasn't true.

Ken Dilanian
@KenDilanianNBC
"I don't care, I believe Putin."

TheClaws Mon 18-Feb-19 03:03:03

Very disturbing that Trump is calling for “retribution” on Saturday Night Live. He is well aware that nuts follow him and have carried out shootings, sent bombs in the mail to the Trump’s ‘enemies’, including past Presidents (remember that?), and assaulted journalists in his name. And just quietly - does he know the meaning of the word ‘collusion’?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
14h14 hours ago
More
Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

AcrossthePond55 Mon 18-Feb-19 03:36:27

That meme really made me laugh! Thanks for that and thanks for the new thread Claws.

The bits on SNL last night must have really hit home with Scrotus, no?

Lweji Mon 18-Feb-19 07:46:23

Following the breadcrumbs. Thank you.

He was definitely rattled by SNL.
But it looks like he has no friendly media left. Just the odd show on Fox.

TheNorthWestPawsage Mon 18-Feb-19 07:52:17

Thanks Claws I'm hanging in!

Roussette Mon 18-Feb-19 08:12:53

Thanks Claws you're a star. Love the cartoon!

Here.... this is Nobel Peace Prize and Abe of Japan denying/not denying he nominated Trump for it..

edition.cnn.com/2019/02/18/asia/trump-abe-nobel-prize-intl/index.html

Lweji Mon 18-Feb-19 10:06:09

It's just a lie, isn't it? And Abe doesn't want to deny it out of politeness.

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 11:07:51

www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-asked-wall-he-s-forcing-constitutional-crisis-n971911?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

PerkingFaintly Mon 18-Feb-19 11:09:35

Staggering in with brew for us all.

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 11:16:37

Thanks Perking. smile

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-25th-amendment-removal-fbi-justice-department-a8783191.html

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 14:09:14

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

'Wow, so many lies by now disgraced acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe. He was fired for lying, and now his story gets even more deranged. He and Rod Rosenstein, who was hired by Jeff Sessions (another beauty), look like they were planning a very illegal act, and got caught.....'

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 14:14:51

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tax-refunds-gop-law_us_5c671dcee4b033a799429900

'Republicans boasted all last year that their new tax law boosted paychecks and showered bonuses on several million workers.

But now that tax season is upon us, several million Americans are getting a nasty surprise: a bill from the Internal Revenue Service that they never expected.

Beth Callori of Long Island, New York, said she was thrilled to receive about $90 more in each paycheck last year. Thanks to the new lower federal income tax rates, Callori’s employer, a financial services firm, was withholding less from her paycheck for federal tax purposes.

“I thought, ‘Wow, Trump is great, I love him,’” Callori said.

But last week Callori heard from her tax preparer that she owes the federal government more than $5,000 ― almost five times as much as she had to pay in previous years.

“I almost fell out of my chair. I could not believe it,” she said. “I voted for Trump. I thought he was going to be good for this country, but when I got that phone call, that’s it, I’m done.”'

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 15:45:18

Good. Good.

www.politico.com/story/2019/02/18/trump-new-york-mueller-investigation-1173346

Lweji Mon 18-Feb-19 15:45:25

Expect some ranting tweets unless vigilant staff manages to hide this from the pumpkin.

Trump ranked last among the best Presidents. Does that mean he's the worst? wink

Even Republican voters put him in the last 4 consistently.

www.businessinsider.com/greatest-us-presidents-ranked-by-political-scientists-2018-2

7Days Mon 18-Feb-19 15:54:53

cozietoesie Mon 18-Feb-19 17:40:37

Yes indeed, lion. smile

Minimammoth Mon 18-Feb-19 17:52:13

Hi everyone, completely missed the start of the new thread.
Standing by for more amazing Trump statements.

lionheart Mon 18-Feb-19 18:49:48

Hello Minimammoth.

A lot is going to happen on this thread, I reckon ...

cozietoesie Mon 18-Feb-19 18:50:16

Protests planned.

anti-wall protests planned across US

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: