Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Donald Trump, the first week is BAD. What next? Come all ye Beautifuls!

(989 Posts)
Roussette Wed 25-Jan-17 13:46:46

Here we are!

illegitimateMortificadospawn Wed 25-Jan-17 13:50:13

I am sure this one will be GREAT too. Or maybe we'll all be drinking radioactive rainwater and pondering the post-apocalypse worldby Easter.

DJBaggySmalls Wed 25-Jan-17 13:50:46

Well if we are it wont be reported. That would be TrumpTreason.

InformalRoman Wed 25-Jan-17 13:51:30

Woohoo - new thread to post bigly things about the Trumpster!!! Thanks Rousette!!!

Justanothernameonthepage Wed 25-Jan-17 13:55:28

I'm honestly shocked that in less than a week reporters are being charged with felonies for reporting on protests, people are being asked if they are pro/anti trump (and refused entry if they say anti), he's pushing forward to increase debt while persecuting minorities, denying facts - and is taking money from other governments. I'm scared to predict week 2...

hyacinthwannabe Wed 25-Jan-17 13:55:52

Have been living in CBeebies land all week. What has he done?

BlueBlueElectricBlue Wed 25-Jan-17 14:03:11

Well this thread seems like the perfect place to leave both the terrifying:

antidotezine.com/2017/01/22/trump-knows-you/

and the ridiculous, if you haven't already had this one...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/24/white-house-adviser-kellyanne-conway-repeatedly-punched-man/

megletthesecond Wed 25-Jan-17 14:09:53

Here.

amispartacus Wed 25-Jan-17 14:10:01

Join the rogues grin

twitter.com/AltNatParkSer

Apparently the Dutch Government wants a fund increase funding to family planning clinics abroad.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/24/dutch-government-wants-to-counter-trump-with-abort/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

amispartacus Wed 25-Jan-17 14:13:44

I wonder how many secret service agents would lay down their lives for him?

If I were President, I would want faith in my security. History tells us that leaders are often assassinated by those closest to them.

Destinysdaughter Wed 25-Jan-17 14:13:55

👦 ( vague attempt to find a Donald emoji!)

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 25-Jan-17 14:17:19

This thread has the best placemarks. Terrific. It will be a beautiful thread. Bigly.

Here are some Trumpettes having a little singalong

youtu.be/29Mg6Gfh9Co

PausingFlatly Wed 25-Jan-17 14:18:33

Hyacincth, among other things, gagged a number of government agencies: sunlightfoundation.com/list-of-federal-government-agencies-told-not-to-communicate-with-the-public/

Particularly those doing research of anything to do with global warming, like the Environmental Protection Agency.

PausingFlatly Wed 25-Jan-17 14:19:25

Previous thread with many informative links here: All things reality with Trump, maybe not so beautiful now!

Destinysdaughter Wed 25-Jan-17 14:20:30

Apparently George Orwell's dystopian novel 1984 have soared this last week, great article here discussing the parallels between that book and what's going on right now. Chilling...

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/25/george-orwell-donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-1984

AndHoldTheBun Wed 25-Jan-17 14:21:17

Hello again. Just watching Sky and wondering when the next episode of Trump, Armageddon (or press conference thereof), is on.

Destinysdaughter Wed 25-Jan-17 14:21:37

Meant sales of the book have soared! blush

JustGettingStarted Wed 25-Jan-17 14:23:37

Every day I wake up wondering what fresh entertainment and terror our Orange Overlord has provided.

MycatsaPirate Wed 25-Jan-17 14:25:45

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/24/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trumps-inauguration/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.2392cda258d7

For a bit of light relief

amispartacus Wed 25-Jan-17 14:26:17

It's kind of fun giving loyal Trump fans difficult questions and facts. They go very quiet, get rude or just say Trump is MAGA.

I'm just hoping that some suddenly get a jolt in their brain as their eyes open.

StripeyCover Wed 25-Jan-17 14:27:45

I thought his first week was good. He's got some balls to deal with some serious problems in the US - which is why people voted for him!

PausingFlatly Wed 25-Jan-17 14:29:12

More catch up.

Tweets about climate change by the US National Parks Service were deleted.
Badlands on Twitter: US park climate change tweets deleted
“Rogue” national park Twitter accounts are cropping up by the hour

And an AltNatParkSer Twitter account has appeared, twitter.com/AltNatParkSer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw, tweeting about climate data. It describes itself as:
*@AltNatParkSer*
The Unofficial "Resistance" team of U.S. National Park Service. Not taxpayer subsidised! Come for rugged scenery, fossil beds, 89 million acres of landscape

FuckOffDailyMailQuitQuotingMN Wed 25-Jan-17 14:29:46

Reporting in for duty on cheeto watch

MrWriter Wed 25-Jan-17 14:30:53

Best ever place mark on thread, everyone agrees.

PausingFlatly Wed 25-Jan-17 14:35:02

And a leak claims he wanted the full Red Square, missile-launcher, parade shit at his inauguration: uk.businessinsider.com/trump-inauguration-parade-tanks-missile-launchers-2017-1

He certainly told the Washington Post he wanted flyovers and a military parade: How Donald Trump came up with ‘Make America Great Again’

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now