Woolly Hugs. For our own beautiful creamhearts, also known as fluffydressinggown, lovely donors and crafters, please, your help is needed.
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 19:51
Desperately sad news we’re afraid, the lovely poster creamhearts passed away on May 13th. She was well known to many across the boards, such a loving, wise, generous poster, her kindness shining through despite her deep struggles with mental health issues. She reached out to so many over the many years she posted, helping others in ways she may not have fully realised. Mumsnet will be a poorer place with out her. Her DH is Jon and his thread is here if you would like to add your condolences.
We are so pleased Jon has accepted our offer of a Woolly Hug, there will be love for them both in every stitch, and we hope it gives what comfort it can.
So once again we come asking for help.
We shall need crocheters, knitters and donors. If you would like to donate wool or funds, we can match you up. If you would like to join in but need donated wool, we can help there too. Please PM with your offers of help THANK YOU SO MUCH. If you need yarn and are a hooker, do let us know, as we have part balls that will be perfect for crochet.
The Yarn we are Using….
- Artesano Superwash Merino DK
- Debbie Bliss Rialto DK
- Drops Merino Extra Fine DK
- Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK
- Patons Merino Extrafine DK
- Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK
Just from the brands listed please because we know they combine for wash and wear. If you still have any of our wools that have been discontinued - Rowan cashsoft DK, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK or James C. Brett Pure Merino DK in your stash, please do use them.
Ideas for squares
We are looking forward to making this a tribute and celebration of beautiful creamhearts, and Jon has given us such fabulous ideas to help…
- Cats. She loved their cat Maisy,
- And she loved their Guinea Pigs, Chester (white) Bertie (black and ginger) and Milo (ginger)
- She loved Greece, loved their holidays there, and the Maldives where they honeymooned.
- She liked hearts.
- Her favourite flowers were calla lilies
- She loved cocktails, BBQs, coffee with friends, ice creams, desserts.
- We do have initials if this might be something you could help with, do message us.
Colourwise, using the effect of ice cream in trays in parlours as inspiration, so…….
- Cream - but please one of these - Debbie Bliss Rialto DK 02 ecru, or Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK WM4 cream (+ James C. Brett Pure Merino DK no 7 if you have any left)
- Yellow - just this one please - Drops extra fine merino DK 24
- Duck egg - one of these please - Drops extrafine merino DK 15, Debbie Bliss Rialto DK ‘aqua’, or ‘duck egg’
- Pale/soft blues
- Pale/soft pinks
- Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK - Pistachio, WM1
- Stone - either Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK WM9 Beige or Debbie Bliss Rialto 06 Stone (+James C. Brett Pure Merino DK 17 Beige if you still have any)
- Lavender - eg Jenny Watson WM15
- Jenny Watson pure merino DK WM7 ‘taupe’ for embellishments.
If buying Jenny Watson yarn - it is currently cheapest at Wise Badger and Laughing Hens. If using Wool Warehouse for any purchase, YARNDALE gives you free postage.
All crafting abilities genuinely welcome, squares made by beginner or expert are equally welcomed. It really is the love and thought that counts. Lots of ideas for sure, but please don't feel daunted, we LOVE plain squares and simple textures too.They add so beautifully.
Help with Crafting
- Crafting/colour queries, don't worry alone, please PM/post on the thread.
- Squares to be 6 inches, using 4mm hook or needles.
- Please double knot yarn and sew in peskies, and no blocking please, makes the squares harder to use.
- Our website has lots of practical info, including recommended online retailers of our yarn.
- If you are new to us, maybe have a look at our website, where there are albums of previous blankets.
We are on Facebook as Woolly Hugs and Twitter as @Woolly_Hugs which are both good ways to keep in touch. Please do join us there.
This means such a lot to Jon. Together we will make something very beautiful for him.
Thinking of creamhearts and all those who love and miss her.
YonicScrewdriver · 23/06/2015 19:54
Thank you ladies for doing this. I will PM.
TheWoollybacksWife · 23/06/2015 19:56
How sad. Love to Jon and all who held Creamhearts dear.
Count me in. I'll PM you too.
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 19:57
Thank you so much
MissPricklePants · 23/06/2015 20:03
I would love to do a square or 2. Fluffys post in MH resonated with me deeply. I'll Pm you now!
Iamaslummymummy · 23/06/2015 20:04
I will do some squares. I'll check my stash for colors and may need some yarn. So sad that another blanket is needed :(
fanjodisfunction · 23/06/2015 20:04
I will of course contribute, such sad news.
I shall pm you and have a look at my wool stash.
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 20:11
Fluffy has touched the lives of so many, bless her heart. Thanks all so much
PUGaLUGS · 23/06/2015 20:13
I will help.
Much love to creamhearts DH and family x
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 20:18
Thank you so much, just working through messages
SpiralArchitect · 23/06/2015 20:19
Such sad news. I will make some squares.
Thinking of Jon and creamhearts' friends and family x
whohasnickedmyvodka · 23/06/2015 20:21
I can't knit but I will send some wool if someone will pm me xxx
Tokelau · 23/06/2015 20:24
I'd like to make some squares. I will PM you.
Jaaney · 23/06/2015 20:29
How very sad - I would love to help although only a mumsnetter through woollyhugs so hope that is ok? When do you need the squares for?
Nilgiri · 23/06/2015 20:30
I would so much like to contribute to this. Can't knit but will PM you about sending resources.
Thank you so much, K&P, for organising this.
TheNinjaGooseIsHooking · 23/06/2015 20:32
such sad news, thinking of her and her family
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 20:36
Thanks all, you are fabulous
confuddledDOTcom · 23/06/2015 20:56
I've sent a message. I'd love to help, need to make use of the recovery period of my op.
SpaghettiMeatballs · 23/06/2015 20:57
How awful. I'm so sorry.
I will make squares.
PUGaLUGS · 23/06/2015 20:59
Jenny Watson WM15 is LILAC not lavender on Wise Badger. Is this the correct one?
McKayz · 23/06/2015 21:15
I'm in x
GleamingHeels · 23/06/2015 21:18
So sad, I'm in, will PM
KnottyAndPistey · 23/06/2015 21:21
Pug, the WM15 'lilac' is fine, thanks.
MrsEvadneCake · 23/06/2015 21:34
I'll do squares. Thank you K&P for this.
TongueBiter · 23/06/2015 21:39
I'll pm you too.
cosyduck · 23/06/2015 22:01
Message withdrawn at poster's request.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.