Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The Fifty-fourth Republic - Easter holidays anyone?

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/03/2021 17:58

You are most welcome to this school staff support thread to get us through stressful times. It is meant for school staff only – a sort of room of requirement. Baiters, haters, goaders, and bashers can jog on somewhere else.

If you are NOT staff and just have a general education query please start your own thread.

Do not give the staffroom password to non-staff as it attracts the wrong sort of crowd.

Other requirements for staff room entry include the ability to find the staff room, the ability to find a clean mug in the staff room, knowledge of the photocopier codes, and the ability to sniff out where the booze is stashed - Thirsty Tuesdays, Fizz Fridays now in operation. Do not sit on the chairs and do wear a mask

OP's posts:
Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/03/2021 18:00

Easter holidays start today! I am in for a fun couple of weeks marking assessments and sorting out more assessments after Easter for Years 11 and 13

OP's posts:
Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/03/2021 18:05

Thanks staff.

Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/03/2021 18:05

So head did send a note to parents saying to hold onto any gifts for Year 11 and Year 13s teachers until May half term. ggrrrr

OP's posts:
Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 24/03/2021 18:08

Thanks staff.

I thought Monday was bad.

Today is 'seriously, fuck this shit' day.

Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/03/2021 18:11

that is why a scoffed an easter egg in record time today

OP's posts:
Please
or

phlebasconsidered · 24/03/2021 18:12

I rang 6 sets of parents tonight because the local police site said they had dispersed children in our local park. My TA lives overlooking the park and she saw 6 of our kids out till 8 with kids up to year 9. They are year 6.

Ffs. I despair. All of them said "But they're allowed to exercise". Not with fucking loads of people, half of which are probably recruiting for county lines!

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/03/2021 18:22

Piggy you've got quite a sixth form outbreak haven't you! Any particular reason why, to your knowledge?

Staff message all yr students asking for more eggs

Phleb would the police send someone to warn/disperse them?

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 24/03/2021 18:23

Today I've had to deal with the fact my Yr7 child is being bullied at school.

I feel like sh*t and I am going to give the head 24hrs to respond to my email. The HoY and form tutor haven't responded to my email.

Then I'll go to formal complaint. Ridiculous.

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/03/2021 18:23

That must feel horrible Guy.

Please
or

ChloeDecker · 24/03/2021 18:24

Cheers Staff!
It’s going to be a busy Easter, eh!?

That Mollie Kingsley is incredibly dangerous firing off legal letters like that based on absolutely no evidence at all.

Please
or

ChloeDecker · 24/03/2021 18:25

Oh Guy I am so sorry. Your poor child.

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 24/03/2021 18:26

Thanks @StaffRepFeistyClub x

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 24/03/2021 18:27

Oh , I really don't know jan. they could all be false positives (it is interesting thought that the ones done at home seem to ahve rootled the case out!) or it could be that they all crowd into classrooms, bus rooms, common rooms , cars. Hmm, I wonder??

Interesting that it is only sixth form.

It had not crossed my mid that school staff are now backwards contact tracers to tell SIers to egt their arses back into school following a negative PCR. that is MAAAAD. Wouldn't work at our schol in this case because of numbers.

Do the DfE and government and medical people at ALL realise what complex institutions secondary schools are???

Please
or

Cantaloupeisland · 24/03/2021 18:29

We don't break up until April 1st! are most schools breaking up already? This week has been insanely full on already. Two more positive cases in year 8 so endless contact tracing/parent phoning

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/03/2021 18:32

@Piggywaspushed

Oh , I really don't know jan. they could all be false positives (it is interesting thought that the ones done at home seem to ahve rootled the case out!) or it could be that they all crowd into classrooms, bus rooms, common rooms , cars. Hmm, I wonder??

Interesting that it is only sixth form.

It had not crossed my mid that school staff are now backwards contact tracers to tell SIers to egt their arses back into school following a negative PCR. that is MAAAAD. Wouldn't work at our schol in this case because of numbers.

Do the DfE and government and medical people at ALL realise what complex institutions secondary schools are???

They haven't exactly thought about schools full stop.

Yes reverse contact tracing. More work for SLT. Not too hard if all positives are reversed, but as you said on the other thread, complicated if it's some.

And can you imagine the confusion and possible wrath of parents when they finally properly realise the LFD tests aren't reliable??
Please
or

motherrunner · 24/03/2021 18:34

Evening all. Just about have them energy to open the Staffroom door and muster a lethargic wave 👋

Roll on the 1st!

Please
or

WhenSheWasBad · 24/03/2021 18:34

Sorry for everyone having loads of pupils test positive. Not many in my school. But I keep seeing kids looking very ill. They go home but are back the next day.
Not sure what big they are coming down with.

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 24/03/2021 18:37

We are 1st too

Please
or

namechangedyetagain · 24/03/2021 18:40

Gosh teaching interview days are long. Luckily I made it to the afternoon stage🙂My brain is completely frazzled now but

I got a job🎉🎉🎉(subject to references, dbs, oh and passing the course!)

Am ridiculously happy. Thank you all for everything😃

Please
or

jjejj · 24/03/2021 18:43

@namechangedyetagain

Gosh teaching interview days are long. Luckily I made it to the afternoon stage🙂My brain is completely frazzled now but

Congratulations 🎉🎉
Please
or

9pmcouchnaps · 24/03/2021 18:44

Ah Piggy, I feel you! I had been called a very rude name by a student by halfway through P1 today. Then had 5 period day with break and lunch detentions scheduled in. My Y8 form are creating all manner of havoc too. Didn’t even get a chance to eat until the end of the day, and have just realised I’ve not set any remote learning for the isolating pupils. Is it the weekend yet? Can I crack open the gin?!

Please
or

9pmcouchnaps · 24/03/2021 18:44

@namechangedyetagain

Bloody amazing news! Well done you, that’s brilliant
Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 24/03/2021 18:49

Something on my news saying mass testing is great because it's 'less disruptive for students'

hahhahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/03/2021 18:57

@namechangedyetagain fabulous news, well done!!!!!! (We told you you could do it!)
ThanksThanksThanks

Please
or

DreamingofBrie · 24/03/2021 19:01

Checking in. Guy, Sad your poor child. My dd had this in Y7 and I think you're right to take it further- at that age it needs adult intervention.

Congratulations Namechanged!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.