The queen spent a night in hospital this week,

MrsLargeEmbodied · 22/10/2021 07:54

stoic lady

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

Rinoachicken · 22/10/2021 08:23

I was so pleased to see her looking so well in recent pictures, very smiley and engaged, looking happier than she has in a long while tbh. I wondered if she’s had a bit of a lonely lockdown and is thriving and back in her element now she can meet lots of people again.

So I was a bit taken aback to read she’s actually a bit under the weather. It does look as though she has lost a little weight since the loss of Philip, which is not unusual for a woman of her age at all, just an observation.

Please
or

upinaballoon · 22/10/2021 08:48

On another thread (the one about Louise) The Old Curiosity Shop mentioned the weight loss and I put it down to widowhood, the physical shock as opposed to the mental shock. Maybe I was complacent. I think the Sun had the story before the BBC so Nicholas Witchell seemed to be blaming BP this morning for not giving out more details. It really is possible that on Wed morning she wasn't tip-top and the doc said rest and that was the truth of it at that time. Then he might have arranged for some tests which needed hospital equipment so the fact that she went to hospital in the afternoon and stayed over until the next day was also the truth at the time. I expect there are some people who will say that "the tax-payer is keeping her" so we paid for that hospital visit so "we have a right to know every detail of her alimentary canal and her circulatory system and what about the NHS" but I for one can live with a certain amount of lack of every single detail.

Please
or

Gilmorehill · 22/10/2021 10:55

I agree she looks like she’s been enjoying
getting out and about.

Please
or

Roussette · 22/10/2021 11:04

The ghastly windbag Nicholas Witchell having a hissy fit that BP wasn't informing him enough, really don't know who he thinks he is! I agree with PC "awful man, can't bear him".
Everyone, even the Queen is entitled to some privacy!

Please
or

Gilmorehill · 22/10/2021 11:05

Totally agree that everyone is entitled to privacy, particularly when it comes to their health.

Please
or

CagneyNYPD1 · 22/10/2021 11:11

We have no right to have regular updates on the Queen's health. The only reason we would need to know anything was if there was a constitutional impact e.g. If Charles had to take over opening of Parliament, Queen's speech etc. HM is an elderly lady who has a right to privacy over her medical affairs. Charles was absolutely spot on on about that Witchell man.

Please
or

meercat23 · 22/10/2021 16:15

I agree with the last three posts. The only possible justification for demanding details of the health of a head of state if is that person is the one making critical decisions on policy that affect people. That is not the role of HMQ and she is absolutely entitled to privacy. Even in the case of an executive head of state we would only be entitled to know that they are indisposed and to know who is making decisions in the meantime.

Please
or

PicsInRed · 22/10/2021 17:41

Sky news is right now discussing the possibility of a Regency.

I think the messaging here is curious and, between the weight loss, walking stick and stay in hospital, I wonder if there are things we aren't being told.

Please
or

FleasInMyKnees · 22/10/2021 17:45

She is a 95 year old recently bereaved woman with a busy schedule, family rifts and doesnt deserve to be gossiped about.

Please
or

FrownedUpon · 22/10/2021 17:50

I don’t think all is well at all, but for obvious reasons we aren’t being told. Very sad.

Please
or

FleasInMyKnees · 22/10/2021 18:13

Who leaked the story that she was in hospital someone sold their so called scoop to The Sun

Please
or

Samcro · 22/10/2021 18:14

@Roussette

The ghastly windbag Nicholas Witchell having a hissy fit that BP wasn't informing him enough, really don't know who he thinks he is! I agree with PC "awful man, can't bear him".
Everyone, even the Queen is entitled to some privacy!

He is awful.
Please
or

danni0509 · 22/10/2021 18:15

@FleasInMyKnees I bet I can guess who are getting the blame Grin

Please
or

EdithWeston · 22/10/2021 18:22

I think The Sun's actions were despicable.

I agree that the public should be informed about certain health matters that affect their head of state. But not at the preliminary investigations stage. She should have had privacy for now - it's just The Sun pandering to prurient curiosity

Please
or

ftw163532 · 22/10/2021 18:23

@PicsInRed

Sky news is right now discussing the possibility of a Regency.

I think the messaging here is curious and, between the weight loss, walking stick and stay in hospital, I wonder if there are things we aren't being told.

She's 95.
Please
or

EdithWeston · 22/10/2021 18:24

Interesting thread, that has been running since the cancellation of the NI trip was announced on Wednesday, here

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/4379941-The-Queen-off-sick

Please
or

HighNetGirth · 22/10/2021 18:29

Regency talk may be because of the media addiction to rampant speculation rather than any actual issue with HM. Impossible to know.

Please
or

rubicscubicle · 22/10/2021 18:45

@FleasInMyKnees

Who leaked the story that she was in hospital someone sold their so called scoop to The Sun

Is the Sun still tapping phones?
I thought the palace sources only brief on H&M. Maybe, they were squeezed by the Sun to come out with it. Will be interesting to see where they go from here on.
Please
or

Roussette · 22/10/2021 20:14

I agree that the public should be informed about certain health matters that affect their head of state. But not at the preliminary investigations stage. She should have had privacy for now - it's just The Sun pandering to prurient curiosity

^^ This

I'm not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination but FFS let a 95 year old woman just cope/enjoy the last years of her life. I find it abhorrent

Please
or

PurpleOkapi · 23/10/2021 00:44

She's 95. There are undoubtedly a million things medically wrong, and many of them will have been wrong for decades, as is true of everyone fortunate enough to live that long. We've not been told about most of them. Maybe we should have been. But the current outrage about it only makes sense if those who are outraged thought she was in top physical form right up until this past week.

Please
or

FleasInMyKnees · 23/10/2021 10:38

Why are people saying it's an outrage, of course she wont be in top physical form at 95, she was using a walking stick. I thought the question about her leaving Windsor could it have been on the way to hospital were ridiculous from Witchell.

Please
or

Roussette · 23/10/2021 10:52

Revolting obsequious man. Imagine spending half your life toadying to the RF even though they can't stand you.

Please
or

Gilmorehill · 23/10/2021 10:53

@Roussette

Revolting obsequious man. Imagine spending half your life toadying to the RF even though they can't stand you.

Grin
Please
or

FanGirlX · 23/10/2021 11:22

@FleasInMyKnees

She is a 95 year old recently bereaved woman with a busy schedule, family rifts and doesnt deserve to be gossiped about.

I agree.

As others have said, the public only need to know if it is something that affects the country. We don't need to know every single detail about her health.
Please
or

julieca · 23/10/2021 15:31

The phrase - in good spirits concerns me.
They were saying that about Philip when they must have known he was going to die soon. And plenty on here were denying he was going to die soon.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.