Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

90 Day Fiance UK

dillite · 26/07/2022 08:12

Is anyone else watching? Nobody I know is and I need someone to discuss it with. It's available on Discovery+.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Virgo1958 · 26/07/2022 08:44

Yes I watched 3 episodes as I love the USA version.
Why is Bridie bringing up jealousy issues and spoiling the short time she has, not sure this relationship will work.
Hampshire man is very desperate, is Christine all she should be?
Mexican man won’t last in England, I don’t think, nurse and her man are lovely.
Red flag Japanese man.
I will learn their names.

Please
or

JohnsShirt · 26/07/2022 10:08

Ugh, I don't have Discovery+ but I really want to see it..I'm hoping TLC will get it soon, I love the US version.

Please
or

Simonjt · 26/07/2022 10:22

We started this last night.

I really feel for Shaun, he is desperate to not be alone, which has made him very vulnerable, I was pleased he appeared to have supportive but realistice friends and family.

Bridie is very jealous and comes across as fairly
immature, a gift of make up however is not a good idea!

Victoria and her boyfriend are walking redflags, she obviously fetishises Japanese men, not a nice quality.

Alejandro and Kadie seem nice, but again, she comes across as very immature (it may just be her excitement and nerves).

It looks like most of them fail to prioritise the visiting partner, Kadie knows Alejandro eats healithy yet fills him full of beige buffet, Host leaves Bridie alone with his uncle knowing they already don’t get on. They should be prioritising the visiting partner and showing off where they are as much as possible.

We’ve been watching them on youtube.

Richard is clearly a knob who hates women, so imagine episodes with him will be a fairly awful watch.

Please
or

dillite · 26/07/2022 10:44

JohnsShirt · 26/07/2022 10:08

Ugh, I don't have Discovery+ but I really want to see it..I'm hoping TLC will get it soon, I love the US version.

If you have prime, you can get the free 7 day trial on there. They have the first 3 episodes up.

OP's posts:
Please
or

dillite · 26/07/2022 10:50

Virgo1958 · 26/07/2022 08:44

Yes I watched 3 episodes as I love the USA version.
Why is Bridie bringing up jealousy issues and spoiling the short time she has, not sure this relationship will work.
Hampshire man is very desperate, is Christine all she should be?
Mexican man won’t last in England, I don’t think, nurse and her man are lovely.
Red flag Japanese man.
I will learn their names.

Shawn is so desperately lonely, it is so sad to watch. He is definitely an extremely vulnerable man and I really, really, really hope that he isn't being exploited.

Bridie is way too jealous. And keeps banging on about it. Kinda does make you wonder why she's single. Her smacked arse face at the lakeside cafe was just ugh.

Japanese Shaun is suspect. So much catfishing going on.

Kadie and Alejandro- that poor guy being fed all those pies! She seems extremely insecure and also vulnerable. I don't really know where their relationship will be going, it's hard to tell at this point.

We are yet to see Richard properly but he is already disgusting from what we have seen. Sexist, misogynistic swine who hates women.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Blossomandbee · 26/07/2022 10:56

I didn't realise this had started, I will be watching! Will catch up and come back!

Please
or

SteveHarringtonsChestHair · 26/07/2022 11:00

Eek!! I love 90DF - will wait until there’s a few more episodes and get the 7 day trial to binge it all Grin

I actually considered widening my search for a nice man to the rest of the world as I’m not having much luck nearby - figured if all these people can find someone they love half way across the world it must be worth a try! Where shall I start?!

Currently enjoying Super Switch on Channel 4, which is fast becoming another favourite dodgy relationship show.

Please
or

dillite · 26/07/2022 11:14

They have the first 3 episodes on YouTube by the way!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Virgo1958 · 26/07/2022 11:35

Nurse and her nan

Please
or

Whichjobnow · 26/07/2022 12:05

Ohhh I didn't know this was on! That's my weekend sorted 😆

Please
or

Firstinlastout · 27/07/2022 13:13

Does anybody else think that Bridies fella(can't remember his name)has an English twang to his accent?Everytime he speaks English I can hear it in some words,kind of a bit northern.

Please
or

Virgo1958 · 27/07/2022 14:08

Yes he does and Shaun in Hampshire sounds South African.

Please
or

dillite · 01/08/2022 00:05

Has anyone watchef the new episode yet? Richard has got to be a panto villain. Surely nobody could be stupid enough to make themselves this awful on TV?

OP's posts:
Please
or

SteveHarringtonsChestHair · 01/08/2022 00:19

Just subscribed to Discovery plus so I can watch them all - will report back when I’ve caught up!

Please
or

SteveHarringtonsChestHair · 01/08/2022 01:36

I’m on episode 2 and even the trailers of Richard paint him as an absolute cock.

Made me realise I’ve done the right thing by using unfiltered photos and making a big deal about being overweight on my OLD profile! Kadie is so hung up on whether he’ll find her too fat or unattractive but that photo he showed his friends was unrecognisable as her! Hoping he’s seen other pics too, but it’s sad that he chose that one to show his friends if he knew that’s not what she looks like.

Please
or

SteveHarringtonsChestHair · 01/08/2022 01:37

He being Alejandro of course, not Richard!

Please
or

SteveHarringtonsChestHair · 02/08/2022 00:56

Urgh Richard Envy He’s grim!

Please
or

Bluetrews25 · 02/08/2022 20:49

Just started watching this. One episode in.
OK, I don't think that's Shaun's baby. She's still married! Palmface.
Oh dearie me. All of them! Where do I start?!

Please
or

Pippin2028 · 02/08/2022 23:23

Shaun is very naive and I imagine Christine will give him hell when she comes to UK and finds out there's very little money and she will be in a small one bedroom flat.

Alejandro and kadie I'm not so sure on, Alejandro didn't seem to like the UK and kadie seems like a home girl to move to another place. And am not sure what Japanese Shauns game is..

Richard... Kathleen's family were onto something where he is concerned. 🙄

Please
or

dillite · 03/08/2022 08:56

Japanese Shaun is just a weirdo. He isn't even trying to pretend to be into Victoria, like many others on these shows do. He is very obviously not into her.

I am also confused by Alejandro. He could be genuinely fancying Kadie or he could be stringing her along. That one will have to be watched to be figured out.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bluetrews25 · 04/08/2022 19:21

So many vulnerables!
Oh Shaun you are absolutely being used as a meal ticket. Your son was created for that reason (if he is genuinely yours). The first thing she said after getting the ticket - 'give me your credit card'. 🙄 Not 'I'm so looking forward to seeing you, love of my life'
Kathleen has had a lot of practice looking after her mum, will she want to look after an adult male whose only impairment is being a lazy, sexist dickhead?
Japanese Sean - what are you hiding? Why did your sister say 'keep your guard up'? I'm not buying the international man of mystery James Bond act.
Kadie and Alejandro - neither of them will move. So might as well pack it in now.

Please
or

Virgo1958 · 08/08/2022 11:52

Enjoyed yesterday’s episode and can’t wait to see how Shaun and Christine get on, why is he not tidying his flat, seems a bit lax? How is she going to take the fact he is on a low wage?
Bit taken aback at Richards’s ex-wife’s attitude to having her son to stay while he’s on holiday, if she’s not the main custodial parent wouldn’t she enjoy having him for a couple of weeks?
I have no words for Sean and Victoria.

Please
or

Bluetrews25 · 08/08/2022 17:11

It really is a load of slo-mo car crashes about to happen.
And am I the only one who thinks the little boy looks like a girl? (Yes, yes, long hair doesn't always equal girl, but in pigtails? Like, really?)

Please
or

Bluetrews25 · 08/08/2022 17:12

And can Richard really be the main residential parent? Won't it cramp his Austin Powers shagfest style?

Please
or

YodaBabe · 08/08/2022 17:27

I've been sucked into this.

Kadie and her Mexican guy, I think they do really love each other but it'll never work.
Love her nan! Making him sausage rolls ❤️

Has Bridie just forgotten about her kids? I find it really strange she's so invested in this guy and really wants a proposal but he hasn't met her kids?

Shaun and Christine, well that won't end well for either of them.
He's being taken for a ride but in turn she's been sold a dream that doesn't exist.

Richard is a prize knob.

The Japanese man is a serial killer surely!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.