Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Trying . On Apple TV

Cheeseismymiddlename · 22/05/2021 00:00

Never heard about this until tonight. I’m not a binge watcher but I’ve watched series 1 and what’s already dropped of series 2 . Love it. A bit twee , maybe not real but the characters are enchanting . Especially Emelda Staunton .
My usual go to programs include Motherland, FleaBag, Mum. So if you like them, you might like Trying .
Any one else watching it ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Creweventus · 22/05/2021 16:04

Me! I love it!

Please
or

Cheeseismymiddlename · 22/05/2021 16:31

@Creweventus.
Thank you so much for reply ! , was starting to think maybe I’m very late to the party and this program is so over! Hopefully, we are very early to the party and it’s still a hidden gem to behold.
I felt slightly hungover from my binge fest of episode one and what’s available of episode two. I’m actually missing the main characters today . How mad is that . 🤭
Not felt like this over a TV program since Rachel died in Cold Feet. 🥺😂

OP's posts:
Please
or

Snozzlemaid · 22/05/2021 21:02

Dd and me watch this. Saw there was a new series so sat down to watch it but then learnt only 2 episodes are out so far for series 2.

Please
or

paniniswapx3 · 26/05/2021 00:04

Loved it - fantastic series!

Please
or

Cheeseismymiddlename · 26/05/2021 06:02

It’s lovely isn’t it . New episodes each Friday I think ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

paniniswapx3 · 26/05/2021 10:36

I didn't know there was a season 2 - that's brill! Will have to look out for it!

Please
or

IjustbelieveinMe · 25/06/2021 23:21

I have just started watching this! Am on the 2nd season now. I love the two main characters and wish I was in a relationship like they have! The main guy is Timothy Spall's son!

Please
or

Cheeseismymiddlename · 26/06/2021 07:09

I forgot I was watching this! Now I have a few episode to catch up on . The characters are so lovely . I wish I dressed like the lead female ( can’t remember her name right now ) . I’ve always been a little bit weirdly attracted to Timothy Spall, he come across as thoughtful and kind, so does his Son . On my own today so will be catching up .

OP's posts:
Please
or

ineedsun · 24/05/2022 06:06

I know this is a zombie but we’ve just binged this. Completely loved it. We adopted 18 years ago so the process is different but feelings very much the same. Absolutely sobbed at times and laughed in equal measure.
(DH is now slightly worried that I want to start the whole process again because the photos of all the kids still waiting for homes at the end just made me so sad)

Please
or

Footgoose · 24/05/2022 06:50

I don’t have Apple TV at the moment , when series 3 drops I will re subscribe . Loved this so much.

Please
or

FairyLightAddict · 24/05/2022 22:56

I've just started it. Hooked already.

Please
or

FairyLightAddict · 25/05/2022 09:18

And it's set in Camden where I grew up...

Please
or

ineedsun · 25/05/2022 13:45

I’m really jealous of you watching it for the first time

Please
or

FairyLightAddict · 25/05/2022 15:41

@ineedsun You won't be jealous how tired I am today starting it late last night 😂😂

Please
or

IjustbelieveinMe · 04/06/2022 11:35

Series 3 coMing soon yay!!

Please
or

SandieCollins · 23/07/2022 07:24

Anyone watched episode one yet?

Cried for about 2/3 of it, really lovely programme. It’s like seeing friends that you haven’t seen for a while, all the actors are brilliant and without spoilers I love the families.

Please
or

IjustbelieveinMe · 23/07/2022 09:37

I watched it and episode 2!! It's still brilliant

Please
or

SandieCollins · 23/07/2022 17:53

I thought only one was available but just told DH there’s another and he pointed out that if I’d have watched two in one go I’d have got dehydrated from all the crying. 😂

Please
or

covetingthepreciousthings · 31/07/2022 17:46

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but just wanted to join in and say how lovely the show is. Rafe Spall and Esther Smith are brilliant.

Please
or

AnnPerkins · 01/08/2022 17:09

I love Trying! I wish they would drop the whole series at once, but I'm also glad they don't because I would binge watch the lot and then be sorry it's over. We saw Rafe Spall in To Kill a Mockingbird in April and he was superb.

I too love Nikki's style. I wish I could rock a hairband the way she does.

Please
or

NowThatsWhatICall22 · 06/08/2022 15:32

Season three is turning into such a good one. The latest episode (ep4 the birthday party) is spot on from start to finish and- no spoilers- but the scenes between Nikki and Karen were really well done, I speak from personal experience of these difficult conversations (Nikki’s POV). It felt so balanced, with laugh or you’d cry lines. Also, Scott as the mime artist🤣

It’s such a gem of a show, emotional topics, yet so funny, with a brilliant cast and feel good London vibes.

Please
or

Sulusu · 06/08/2022 15:50

It's such a great show. Ted Lasso gets all the attention as Apple's flagship comedy/drama, but to me Trying is a much better show.
I like Ted Lasso but the characters of Trying are so well written and acted I have become quite attached to all of them, it manages to be really heart warming and a comple tear jerker at the same time.

Great show.

Please
or

TwoMonthsOff · 06/08/2022 20:25

@Cheeseismymiddlename
i am halfway through series 1 thanks for thread
I like it - I hope the pretentious ‘cocklodger’ gets the boot soon !

Please
or

TwoMonthsOff · 06/08/2022 20:28

I saw also a trailer for a series coming soon with Sharon Horgan called ‘bad sisters’ (i think) looks quite good too
I’ve had the apple app for a few months nd not used it yet apart from a bit of Ted Lasso I couldn’t take to that

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.