My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Cath Kidston : love it or hate it? Opinions please

82 replies

Chelseamum · 08/06/2007 22:10

I have had enough of it...
Not buying any more nostalgia crapola...

www.cathkidston.co.uk

OP posts:
hana · 11/06/2007 23:07

marimekko prints are great - have a handbag got a few years ago ( no one has one, that;s even better!)

love orla keily too, tried to get to sample sale last weekend ( boo hoo, never made it)

Chelseamum · 11/06/2007 23:09

I got two marimekko bag with big dots in black and red!

OP posts:
SecondhandRose · 13/06/2007 20:57

Got a big pile of towels, bubble bath, 2 bags one was only £15 but £55 in catalogue. Superking duvet cover was £35. Teatowels were £3. It was like a madhouse in there, screaming babies being shoved around by mad sweaty women. We only last an hour.

Don't think I'll Ebay it, I've got mostly towels and they are always handy and Christmas is always around the corner.

I got sent a leaflet from CK telling me about it.

Mrscarrot · 13/06/2007 21:07

I loved it when I first saw it.

Then I saw the price

then I got a similar oilskin tablecloth from the haberdashery for about 20p

an odd thing in an odd shop might be nice but there's something extremely sickly about it now

Mrscarrot · 13/06/2007 21:11

and a tiny shop in North Norfolk,

which up until last year was quaint, truly old fashioned and full of character,

has now changed hands and been carbon copied into all the others with KK stuff in the windows and sweets for five pounds instead of Happy Shopper custard creams.

Travesty.

margoandjerry · 13/06/2007 21:25

I am annoyed with her because a) she stole my aesthetic (how poncey is that exactly?)and made loads of money out of flogging copies of her granny's quilts and and kitchen utensils which I should have done and b) her stuff has really gone downhill.

The designs are suddenly really badly reproduced so what might have been a charming 1920s print gets shipped out to China and comes back on an apron or a makeup bag all fuzzy and in the wrong colours.

I have my grandma's quilt and her lovely old beige and white mixing bowls and some of her old 1940s dresses and they are all lovelier than anything you can get in KC.

princessmel · 14/06/2007 14:29

I love the home stuff. Its so sweet.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.