My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Site stuff

UNPIN hte FARKING SMAS THREAD ****************************************************

81 replies

iCodtheBlogCod · 17/10/2007 22:39

orill do threads liekt his all day::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

OP posts:
littleNonSpecificHolidaylapin · 18/10/2007 08:30

CUSTY - in case you come down and read this - my post last night wasn't intended to have a dig at you (and Rhubs, I did post to the effect at 23:11), I just reacted to the "Queen of Mumsnet" thing because I had a vision of it being turned on me. But I wasn't "jumping down your throat" though I can see how you might have thought that. I'm sorry.

littleNonSpecificHolidaylapin · 18/10/2007 08:33

Oh and I didn't mean turned against me by YOU either

LilBloodRedWantsGore · 18/10/2007 08:36

Leave the thread where it is! Cod shouldn't get her own way all of the time - it's a public forum, not the fishy-one's private domain.

LL is doing supreme work, as are many others.

LilBloodRedWantsGore · 18/10/2007 08:38

I've just seen Cod's apology so I withdraw my previous comment.

WotzaZombie · 18/10/2007 09:33

Apology? Is it on here or another thread? Can't see it.

LilBloodRedWantsGore · 18/10/2007 09:35

It's on the pinned thread.

JustineMumsnet · 18/10/2007 09:53

Good morrow fine people.

Now about this duck-like pin thing. What we need to ascertain and can't at this very moment cos Tech is in the U S of A, as is his wont, is that whether, when we unveil our fancy pants new customisable version of talk in a few days (I know we've been saying that for a while, but really it is just days away), we can make it an option to accept or reject pinned threads, in which case none of this matters any more and Cod, Beety and Otter et al can get back their boxes.

If we can't pull this off then think possibly we should have a little poll like the one we did for the book club along the lines of: Stickies or not? You Decide!

So I shall come back once Tech's surfaced and let you know what's what.

Many thanks, as ever, for your forthright input .

oliveoil · 18/10/2007 09:57

poll smoll

leave the fecker there fgs

whose site is it? Yours

if I were you, I would hightlight it and put it in bold to wind them up

mwahahahahaahahahahahahahahahha

WideWebWitch · 18/10/2007 10:00

oooh I LIKE the poll thing, can we have it for all sorts?

I just skimmed through the site stuff topic, fking hell, it's just one long whinge and bitch fest innit?

Can we have X
NO we don't want X, we want Y
Y was tried before, nobody liked it
But Y is best
Y is shite
etc etc etc for hundreds of posts

tres droll

oliveoil · 18/10/2007 10:02

poll: shall we ban buying and selling?

Huns: no way, wot u on abart? ((((hugs)))
Normals: yes

poll: AIBU

Everyone: Yes
OP: No I am not

hunkermunker · 18/10/2007 10:06

LOL at huns and normals. I think you're pushing the definition of normal there, OO.

Tortington · 18/10/2007 14:56

littleapin thanks for the apology. i love you.

JodieG1 · 18/10/2007 15:00

I think it's good that it's been made a sticky.

Wisteria · 18/10/2007 15:04

I have deliberately not clicked it as a protest.

I sent a very very rude email to someone who dared send me a Christmas Email 2 days ago as well.........

It's Halloween next FFS, then Bonfire night, then my dds b'day and then it's December and I might, (might) start considering that festive season somewhere around the 5-10th!!

JodieG1 · 18/10/2007 15:11

Thanks to all the people that do care though a lot more people will be able to enjoy their Christmas day this year and surely that is more important than moaning about Chrsitmas being a couple of months away?

Fwiw it's my ds1's, my mum's and my birthday all before Christmas but I'm not bothered about it. If people like it then what's the problem? If they waited until December to try and organise things then it would be too late.

BeetrootMNRoyalty · 18/10/2007 15:21

Jodie - that is the sort of comment that really pisses me off tbh.

It worked wonderfully last year, I was involved in it.

FlameBat · 18/10/2007 15:22

To get a gift giving thing like this set up we need time - time to get people on the list, time to offer, time to match up.

Bumping does work, yes, but it also fills up a thread with "bump" and then we have to start a new one.

Soon the magic button will appear to make it go away.

In the meantime, is it really that hard to ignore it like you ignore swap shop, or arts n crafts, or whatever doesn't float your boat?

It was pissing me off when it was in normal threads AND ducked, but now it is just the one it isn't an issue.

So there!

littleNonSpecificHolidaylapin · 18/10/2007 15:23

Beety - wasn't it pinned last year as well?

FlameBat · 18/10/2007 15:24

Nope, no ducks existed last year - just oodles of bumping

BeetrootMNRoyalty · 18/10/2007 15:29

No it wasn't LL.

really don't like the implication that I do not care because I don't like the pinning.

it pisses me off

Bump so what?

ggglimpopo · 18/10/2007 15:33

I have no oPINion (hahahhahaha) but am here to harangue beetroot. Wny are you never on fking msn you cow hun?

BeetrootMNRoyalty · 18/10/2007 15:35

N shit sorry - just forget to put it on. Off to meet Royalty now. will talk later

littleNonSpecificHolidaylapin · 18/10/2007 15:41

Ah, I thought it was. I was emailed by several people who asked if it was going to be pinned, so I assumed there was a precedent.

TBH, I'm a bit miffed by the "soapy did it without pinning" comment, but I think we are ALL being a little over-sensitive here, so I shall depart.

FlameBat · 18/10/2007 15:45

That was a bit of a mean comment

Coolmama · 18/10/2007 15:51

oh ffs - you lot are behaving like a bunch of whiny twelve-year olds!!! -
It's one thread that most mners like to get involved in and was a huge success last year. It's only a couple of weeks so get a grip.!!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.