My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

..................... Monday FLY....................

51 replies

Jas · 03/09/2007 07:20

Mission

Last day of the hols today, so I'm taking the girls out this morning, and have to shop in the afternoon.(I am the rubbish mother who has no plimsolls tofit her dds when they go back to school).

I will be back to FLY properly soon though.

HN - Lovely to read your post yesterday. I do hope you get used to using the wheelchair and find it a help. Take care.

FGS I hope dd2 is feeling better today.

OP posts:
shouldbe · 03/09/2007 07:32

Morning

We got back late last night so today I need to
~unpack and do some laundry
~name all the school uniform
~do a weekly shop
~meet some friends this morning
~strip and wash my bedding
~mission

My kids go back to school on Weds so we have an extra day off tomorrow which is rather nice There's a mass picnic planed at the park for just about every family in the village so that should be fun

HN I just read your post from last night. The wheelchair sounds good (love the idea of a trailer!). I'm pleased you've been feeling happier - long may that continue

Luda Good to see you again too we left my SiL and bro exhausted as usual!

SimplySparkling · 03/09/2007 07:43

Hello to all.

Thanks for the thread, Jas. HN Good to read your upbeat post. I hope things get better for you soon.

Hi shouldbe. I'll give you a ring this afternoon. We're quicker chatting than e-mailing!

Right. I must get on. My list:-
~ do mission (after a fashion. I'm going to give it a go!)
~ do laundry
~ finish mending/name tagging school clothes
~ do some ironing
~ go food shopping

See you later.

RubyRioja · 03/09/2007 07:53

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunkyGlassSlipper · 03/09/2007 07:58

Morning all. DD still feverish so have to go to dr.

HN - nice to see you back.

Ruby - good plan. we alernate annually between boxing day or new years day with each parent. xmas day to ourselves. works well and everyone knows whose turn it is to have us which day

shouldbe · 03/09/2007 08:28

FGS hope all goes well at the doctor

Righto simply I expect to be home after 2.30/3pm-ish

Ruby good plan. We've just had an invite from my brother to stay with him over Christmas - not sure how this'll sit with the PiL so need to sound everyone out and make some plans....

RubyRioja · 03/09/2007 08:30

scattyspice · 03/09/2007 08:41

Mornin all.

RR you sound like one organised bunny (I need some of that).

Shouldbe - that picnic sounds fun, I wish I lived in a village.

DS starts reception tomorrow pm () but he is PT for 2 weeks so still have 2 weeks off work .

Must get some housework done.

shouldbe · 03/09/2007 08:43

YIPPEEEE I've just fitted into a pair of v nice Gap jeans in a size 14 Have had them for years, still with tags cos I've always been too big to even get them past my thighs in the past

SimplySparkling · 03/09/2007 08:55

Ruby Good to see you. Count me in, please. You're right, it doesn't sound too onerous. I think I'll ask dh if he's happy for us to stay home and ask others here. My circulation is too bad to be in a cold house and at least here our heating system is efficient and we're the ones paying for it!

Funky When I see FGS, I keep wondering who is shouting at who, then I remember it is your name abbreviated! I'll use Funky, I think. Sorry to hear that your dd isn't well. I hope she gets better soon.

Hi to scattyspice and WELL DONE to shouldbe!

Done:-
~ one load in w/m
~ one load washed and on line
~ d/w loaded and on
~ cat sick cleared up [yuck]
~ one chess game lost, one won. Still on level 2 and it goes up to level 10! Yikes!
~ recycling stuff put out for collection
~ compost carry thing emptied

BBBee · 03/09/2007 09:16

hello

I used to be a regular flyer (under a different name) and thought i might give it a go again. Nice to see some of you are still around.

today:

-wm
-dw
-fold and out away clothes
-sort my clothes
-bag up for charity shop adn put in car
-wash car

will see how I go - am way out of practice!

shouldbe · 03/09/2007 09:22

Welcome back BBBee I remember you Good luck with your list today

Mhamai · 03/09/2007 09:23

Hello ladies, I haven't read the rest of the thread yet. I did surface a few weeks ago only to dissapear again. I haven't been able to fly properly due to dad being in hospital and major decorating going on.

Now that ds is back in school, I should be able to get back into the swing of it. Dad is not coming out of hospital until we get a place in a home for him.

I'm feeling a bit emotional today, I'll be forty tomorrow. Oh and I'm pi**ed off as I got new laminate floors but I need to sweep and clean them twice a day and they still look scuffy and dusty.

Apart from that I'm fine.

Jas · 03/09/2007 09:26

BBB - I know you. Welcome back. (I spend waaaaaayy too much time on mn)
A few of us are babystepping againl. I'm postng lots of useful links if you want to pop into that thread too you would be welcome

Simply I have similarfeelin about shorteninyo to SS. It just doesn't feel right.

Thanks for the Christmas prompting Ruby - I may have to put some of it off for a couple of weeks as my parents are away, and I know my brother will be in the UK for C but not sure where or exactly when. I will note plan making on the calendar though.

OP posts:
Jas · 03/09/2007 09:29

Mhamai. I hope you get a good place for your dad soon. Are you doing anything for your birthday?

Shouldbe I bet people notice the weight loss now

OP posts:
Mhamai · 03/09/2007 09:45

Hi Jas, sadly because dad has not reached full blown dementia, he gets confused, forgets to eat, wash and is now doubly incontinent, is mildly agressive his grade of alzheimer patients particularly men are the hardest to find hoes for.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a friend, then another friend is inviting e to her house for tea, can't be anything to wild as I have to be up for ds 6 school. I am having a big knees up on Friday, your all invited btw!!!!

Mhamai · 03/09/2007 09:45

homes Jesus!

Mhamai · 03/09/2007 09:48

My m's keep jamming! [grim]

Mhamai · 03/09/2007 09:49

Ah feck, is it too early to start celebrating?

ludaloo · 03/09/2007 10:34

Hello

Happy B'day Mhamai You know, they say life begins at 40!

Hello to everyone, haven't read through in too much detail..

I spent all yesterday afternoon in bed (migraine )
I feel very fragile this morning.

Make matters worse, dh went to get a few things from the next village yesterday afternoon and the car died
It is at the garage now...one bit which needs replacing costs nearly £700 so...we are car less ...again we can't afford to get it fixed.

I'm panicking a bit, as my friend is away and I'm looking after her pets...and at the moment..I can't get there! I might have to ask my neighbour if I can borrow hers.
I was supposed to go into town today too to get the kids new trainers.

PANTS!!!!!

hippipotami · 03/09/2007 10:35

Morning all, can I join in please?

I did do some flying under a different name last year, but lapsed quite badly.

Now the house is a state after the summer holiday and I need help!
Ds went back to school this week, dd starts in reception next week, so I want to start getting the house in order.

Will do the mission, I like the idea of doing my porch, at least the entrance will look nice (even if the rest of the house is a tip )

AufishFeQueen · 03/09/2007 11:07

Hi Girls will be back on here as from tomorrow properly as the kids are all back at school! Hurray!!!! For the last two days they have driven me nuts and the school can have them back now! Hope everyone is well and dandy!

ludaloo · 03/09/2007 11:08

HN I have just read your post
I'm so glad you are feeling a bit more positive. I suspect you'll get used to the chair quick enough. The kids sound like they enjoyed it too!
I'm glad it has helped you to say about it on here We are always here if you need us
You should be able to get a bit more rest now. Take it easy XXXXX

squatchette · 03/09/2007 12:03

Hello flybabes,
Mhami happy birthday for tomorrow sorry to hear about your Dad too it must be heart breaking{{hugs}}.
Luda hope you're feeling better soon i get migraine and they floor me luckily i don't have them too often though.
I am just having a coffee break then i am taking the girls into town for last few bits of school stuff.
I am getting really worried as haven't been able to get dd1 a polo shirt in her size yet and have been all over.Don't want her spending her very first day minus the right uniform .Also still need to name tape everything hope i can find iron on as i don't even own a needle and thread.
Well i had better stop procrastinating or i'll never get anything done. Am just off to check out your baby steps thread too Jas it's really motivating me.

Mhamai · 03/09/2007 12:14

Thanks squatchette, I'm going up to the hospital at two and I' dreading it because he just keeps asking how long has he been there when is he going home and pleading for us to take him home. He has no insight into his illness.

RubyRioja · 03/09/2007 12:17

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.