My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Friday Fly

65 replies

EHM · 30/03/2007 06:04

mission

OP posts:
EHM · 30/03/2007 06:15

Morning All

Very much the same last night up every 1.5 hours with the Ellie due to itchyness, poor wee thing. Started at 11.45, I went to bed at 11.15 after feeding & watering & clearing up after everybody.
Up again at 130,then again at 3ish, 430ish & Ellie has been back to sleep since then. Have reapplied cream & changed nappy given her a drink at 6am. So tired..no point in doing list today as it will be endless amounts of food & tea/coffee.

Hope you all have a lovely day

shouldbe hope you are feeling ok today{{hugs}}

OP posts:
EHM · 30/03/2007 06:17

Post should say Ellie hasn't been back to sleep since 430

OP posts:
Jelley · 30/03/2007 06:59

EHM Do you have your inlaws with you (I'm losing track of who's doing what)? Can you get them to take E out for a walk/trip to the park and go back to bed for an hour. Lack of sleep is such a killer.

I will be back todo a list later. It is the last day of term and I need to tidy up today. They fisish school an hour early, and I have toddler group this moring, so not sure how much I will get done. I need to get started now.

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 07:44

Good Morning
EHM make use of the Grandparents and be sure to get some rest {{{hugs}}} Take care x
Jelley It's our last day of term too - and dd breaks up at lunchtime so I need to be on top of the housework this morning - it always goes downhill quite quickly once the lo's are at home for the holidays....

Will be back later with a list - ds needs acuddle NOW and dd is still asleep so we need to get a shift on...

glitterfairy · 30/03/2007 07:51

Hello shouldbe and EHM. Poor you EHM you must be totally knackered.

I have made hot lunches for the kids lunch boxes today as I bought food flasks yesterday and so they have soup and pasta for once. I am sick of making sandwiches!

Am now late for work though so need to scoot have a good day everyone.

Jelley · 30/03/2007 07:53

My To Do List:

wake up dds
feed dds
make packed lunch
take to school
bank/po
Co Op
toddler group
wash up
wipe surfaces
make bread
washing x2
drying/put away
hoover
clean coffee machine/kettle
mop kitchen floor
s&s bathroom
sweep bathroom floor
tidy sitting room
look at/do mission
15 mins in dds room while they are at school, and 15 mins with them after school

glassslipper · 30/03/2007 08:15

morning all. tough few days so not much done. even forgot ewhat zone we're in

will tidy up downstairs later as we're going away for the weekend.

have a good day all.

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 09:01

Hello to all. I have a new name but it is linked to the last one and there is a similarity to the one before that so I'm sure you'll guess who I am. Please don't out me as I'm making a fresh start.

Okay.

EHM Sorry to hear that you've had such a poor night. Take care of yourself to rest up today and I hope you have a better night tonight.

Jelley School is finishing here too. I'm not in work now for 2 weeks and I want to really get on well in the house. I really need to have the spare bedroom ready for use and atm it is a tip! Your list is a long one. Mine will be tiny in comparison, I'm sure.

glitterfairy Did you buy from the new Lakeland summer catalogue? There are some nice lunch bags in there, I see. Did I read on a recent thread (I tried to catch up a bit last night) that you've lost weight recently? I hope to lose a few pounds in order to fit into my summer clothes. I find the swimming pool really very cold but I suppose I should go a few times in the hols with the kids. That and walking the dog daily and going a bit further than before should help. Plus eating heathily, obviously.

glassslipper Sorry to hear that you've had a tough few days. I hope you have a lovely w/e.

A quick rant. Just heard a phrase on the radio "What goes on tour, stays on tour." I hate that. Behave yourselves away as you would at home! Grrrr!

Right. My list:-

Done:-
~ unloaded d/w and reloaded
~ w/m on
~ bird feeder filled
~ recycling stuff to r. bin
~ all breakfasted and off to work/school

To do:-
~ Get showered and dressed
~ Do washing up as I really didn't feel like it last night
~ Strip the beds and wash
~ Ring the council - again!
~ I'm not saying what else but I'm sure you can guess!

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 09:06

OK - dd dispatched to school, arrived just in time
glitter I get really bored of sandwiches too - hot lunches sound good
glassslipper Have a good weekend away - don't do too much today

No excuses now, must get on
~make beds
~empty and reload dw
~empty, fold and put away laundry from td
~washing x2 (carried over from Weds!)
~s&s kitchen
~hotspot in kitchen (carried over from Weds)
~put away shoes from hallway
~make train track with ds
~go to chemist (they must have something to help shift this cold!)
~go to library
~tidy sitting room
~s&s bathroom (carried over from Tues!)
~quick tidy upstairs
~look in understairs cupboard....

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 09:09

Hello SimplySparkling ...please don't tell me those jobs are still outstanding?!

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 09:11

Hi shouldbe. Was going to say that I'll get on if you will and we can meet up at around 11am or sometime to swap notes, then refreshed and saw your new post. Yep, you're right, they are!

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 09:12

That sounds a good plan Simply - I'll see you back here at 11ish....

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 09:14

'k. On your marks. Get set. Go!!!

RubyRioja · 30/03/2007 09:51

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yaddayah · 30/03/2007 10:40

Hi to allsimply sparkling my brain hasn't woken up .. give me a teeny clue ?

Just back from watching ds's easter assembly, was very sweet, amazed at how well behaved and how loudly they all sang !

Got to housesit for a friends furniture delivery this afternoon so better get on .. house a bit of a tip (spent last night on MN so forgot to put the d/w on ...)

Back in a bit

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 11:09

Hello
~make beds done
~empty and reload dw done
~empty, fold and put away laundry from td 1 load done
~washing x2 (carried over from Weds!)1st load in
~s&s kitchen done
~hotspot in kitchen (carried over from Weds)done and windowsill
~put away shoes from hallway done
~make train track with ds done
~go to chemist (they must have something to help shift this cold!)
~go to library
~tidy sitting room done
~s&s bathroom (carried over from Tues!)
~quick tidy upstairs done
~look in understairs cupboard....

Not bad Has been good to set an 11am finish time
I think ds and I will now attempt a walk to the library and chemist Dd would probably like to help clean the bathroom so we might tackle that together this afternoon...

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 11:10

Did I beat you back then SS? Hopefully you're packing up those returns as I type

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 11:12

shouldbe How have you got on? I've showered and dressed; stripped all the beds and gathered the bath towels ready for the w/m; prewashed some clothes ready for the next load and taken clothes off the airer ready for ironing. I'm going to have a cup of tea and a break until 11.15am and then crack on again until 12.30.

Ruby I was tamping last night about someone in work who said something very rude about someone and said "And if I hear that repeated, I'll know it has come from you." I was shocked but just said something like "Oh, I don't remember things in order to be able to repeat it." This was a few weeks ago. I only told my dh last night (too complicated to explain the loyalties pulling me) and he said that that was unacceptable and that I could have said "That is unacceptable" at the time and should feel justified in saying that if it happens again. I am tempted to report it to HR or seek advice. I'll think about it. Sorry to rant. I can sympathise with your situation.

yadda Have you got me yet?

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 11:13

Well, I can't hang about waiting......ds is keen to head out for a walk and the sun is shining atm so I'll call back once we're home

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 11:13

lol there you are!

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 11:14

shouldbe. No, I haven't!

shouldbe · 30/03/2007 11:14

see you later x

SimplySparkling · 30/03/2007 11:15

Tell you what, I'll do one of them by the time you get back.

rolloneaster · 30/03/2007 11:20

hello all ehm sorry to hear wee ellie has chickpox poor wee pet. yes do as someone suggested and get grandparents ot take her for walk and go to bed for nap/catch up!!

well d/h took d/d to school today a very rare thing i had a lie on ish!!

d/h did practically all my ironing i know the elves and shoemakers eventually came after all in the form of d/h. well he did get to watch a lot of sport whilst doing so.

list today:

coloured wash
unload dishwasher and reload
put tumble dryer on
ironing the few shirts left hate doing shirts but feel i should as he has done so much

leave d/d to nursery for 3 hours.

clean bathroom
hoover
wash kitchen floor
bathroom floor
hoover upstairs
pack for trip home heehee as working tomorrow and monday day before we go.

only chance except sunday but want to relax then i hope all is done by then

best get off here and get some work done.

hope you are all ok good luck with getting chores all done before week-end and easter break yessssssssssssssssssss esater is nearly here and i will have to think of a new name perhaps rollonsummer!

RubyRioja · 30/03/2007 11:26

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.