My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

FLY on Wednesday - clean your kitchen taps

93 replies

batinshoes · 11/10/2006 07:43

kelly's mission

OP posts:
batinshoes · 11/10/2006 07:44

Clean your kitchen taps and hob rings!

My hob was done a few weeks ago when I had my oven cleaned so that's one down and I dont think my taps are too mucky

Had a really good night's sleep last night for the first night in ages. Slept through DD calling, thunder etc....

Eye appt for DD today but other than that plan to have a quiet day to recharge....

OP posts:
Flamebat · 11/10/2006 07:52

Ello.

Babies much healthier... DD back at preschool this morning... house not looking bad because DH attacked it on Monday.

Might FLY

asleep · 11/10/2006 07:57

morning!
i feel weepy and miserable. so need some motivation today, i think. heating still not working. and we have no money at all, so can't get it fixed. also my dad is ill and had an MRI yesterday. no news on the results yet. i'm so worried about him.
but positive things: DS is still sleeping through the night and DD is being lovely. she is determined her teeth are wobbly! bit of a competition going on in her class as to who will be losing a tooth first.

peegeeweegeeWITCH · 11/10/2006 08:16

Morning all!!

Not feeling too great today, bit of a tummy bug combined with AF and not enough sleep.

Will do counter tops today as I did not do them yesterday, as well as hob rings and taps. Then have to hoover carpet and sofa's as the dog has fleas!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH - am so not a happy bunny!!!

tribpot · 11/10/2006 08:24

Erm, is it really hob rings? I think Kelly says "those rings you are wearing" - do you FLYers wear hob rings as bracelets or necklaces perhaps

However, on the subject of the hob, mine is a halogen jobby, what's the best way of getting it really clean? It has something sort of metallic on the ring we use most.

batinshoes · 11/10/2006 08:31

lol, sorry I must have misread seemed logical as we're in the kitchen!

OP posts:
batinshoes · 11/10/2006 08:32

suggest everyone who is feeling ropey takes it easy today. the mess will still be there tomorrow.

OP posts:
Bucketsofbloodydinosaurs · 11/10/2006 08:36

Now if you use Cillit bang you don't need to scrub your taps and I may only shine the sink/taps twice a week but the taps look pretty good.
So today, once I've done the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen (OMG I AM getting into a routine ) I'll be doing some Blue Peter work. I'm going to cut up an old calendar to frame my favourite prints and I'm going to cut up some big cardboard boxes I've been hoarding to eventually cover in foil and stick behind the radiators for insulation. Also, my dad fixed up my new shelves in the front room so I'll start putting some books on them. Hopefully will be able to do an after pic today or tomorrow (took a few befores a couple of weeks ago before I started Flying.)

Sorry to hear everyone's bad luck.

jessicaandrebeccasmummy · 11/10/2006 08:38

Im in the feeling ok group at the moment - even if the kids arent!

Tears and tantrums all morning again so far!

I will do the mission today - and it wil lbe taps and hob rings!!!

I will also sort the washing and drying as usual and i may even do mondays mission - still putting it off and DH has come to the conclusion that if i am doing everything during the day he can sit on his arse of a night and do nothing!!! Cant blame him really - for the past 3 years he has done about 80% of the housework as well as working full time so i think he deserves a rest!

If the kids dont settle down today though i think i may need to take a trip out just to calm them down a bit - even if it is just a walk to the shop for milk!

SusiSkelletonInTheCloset · 11/10/2006 08:51

yep, i am in the ok group today (for a change kids didn't waken me once all night and let me sleep in till 6.20!!!!)

haven't done any of the missions all week - but oven is still clean
but i reckon if i keep going and since the rooms come over and over again i will get there ... eventually
i am still in the 'declutter' phase me finks

BUT i also took some routines on board already!!
toilets have never been that clean; kitchen tops are always clean; and bed is made
babysteps ...

hope the day will improve for you poorly ones and just do one or two small things - it will make you feel better for doing it!

you can do it ladies

batinshoes · 11/10/2006 09:39

I think the routines are definitely making a difference. I have washing on, dishwasher emptied and slowly being refilled throughout the day, clean kitchen worktops and also cupboards are starting to be more ordered.

Tried to do all my shredding this morning but the shredder just broke. Any ideas where I can get a cheap one?

OP posts:
Skribble · 11/10/2006 09:47

Morning all, well I am stuck in to day so no excuses for not getting loads done, funny how I can be at home all day for days on end but because I can't go anywhere I feel trapped (car needs to go to garage and I live in a small village).

Done my morning routine and first wash on spin.

My faucets are pretty clean as are my rings so according to my control journal...
I should spend 15 mins in the weeks zone (perhaps sort out my recycle corner or a cupboard),
15mins dealing with niggles (put stuff in the loft),
clear out the fridge, check whats there,
15 mins filing paperwork.

jessicaandrebeccasmummy · 11/10/2006 09:54

batinshoes - woolies do them faily cheap but my money would go to Wilkinsons if you have one - they are the cheapest.

I have so far today.....

emptied tumble dryer and folded clothes - they are on stairs for next time i go up

loaded tumble dryer with stuff from washing machine

Hoovered living room

Cleaned surfaces in kitchen

Emptied dishwasher

Loaded breakfast things into dishwasher

Need to do list will follow once i have got grumpy baby to bed!

jessicaandrebeccasmummy · 11/10/2006 10:01

To Do List

• Clean taps
  • Clean hob
  • Empty dishwasher
  • Load washing machine
  • Prepare tea for the girls (we are having takeaway with my brother and SIL)
  • Swish and swipe bathroom
  • Sweep kitchen floor
  • Go to shop for milk - waiting for rain to start and finish though - its black here!
PinkTulips · 11/10/2006 10:06

hello all,

i've finaly bitten the bullet and admited that as ds is 2 months old now i can no longer get by on the 'i have a newborn baby and don't have time to clean' excuse [sob]

i've got the washing on, mopped the floors and cleaned the kitchen last night and folded all the clean clothes. my downstairs is ok for the minute so i need to tackle upstairs...... any tips? quick painless ways to clean bathrooms with a toddler and a baby in tow would be appreciated!

jessicaandrebeccasmummy · 11/10/2006 10:07

baby in cot
toddler with baby wipe in hand

make it quick and easy!

PinkTulips · 11/10/2006 10:13

lol, she'll love that!

batinshoes · 11/10/2006 10:16

This is what I have done this week:
Check food in cupboards & freezers
Clean bread bin
Clean canister & stainless steel accessories
Clean cupboard doors
Clean dustbin
Clean kitchen doors
Clean oven doors
Clean ovens inside
Clean pet dishes
Clean sink
Clean tile splashbacks
Clean toaster + crumb tray
Clean kettle
Dust skirting boards
Sort out 1/2 cupboards
Wipe fingerprints off walls

I've also cleaned the microwave, sink and fridge in the utility room

The rest of the house has slipped a bit but my kitchen is gleaming

OP posts:
tessasmum · 11/10/2006 10:18

Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

FLYing in kitchen put on hold as last night we found that washing machine has had slow leak for a while and underneath the lino is sodden. Now have Insurance assessor man in ripping up my kitchen/diner
At least it was clean and tidy enough to let him in.

Will see what the damage is and adjust FLYing plan accordingly. I was doing so well this week too

batinshoes · 11/10/2006 10:24

oh no Tessamum. hope it gets fixed soon.

wish me luck - i have to go out in this thundery rain in a bit

OP posts:
SusiSkelletonInTheCloset · 11/10/2006 10:27

aww tessamum i hope it'll get fixed quickly!! maybe start on next weeks zone?

ouch batinshoe - thunderstorm here! hope i'll go till 1pm when i'll have to drop ds at nursery

not much flying in this house - kids are keeping me on my toes!!
will go and do the washing now.

BloodRedRubyRioja · 11/10/2006 11:29

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jasnDISMemBERED · 11/10/2006 11:39

pink tulpis...does that mean that you won't accept my almost 8 month ds as an excuse for doing nothing?

Taps and (cooker)rings are done.

ParanoidAndroid · 11/10/2006 11:47

Hello girls! I've been absent for a bit - too much other stuff going on. But still managing with the routine, just none of the missions!

So today - having spent all morning doing PTA stuff - I need to catch up on the week.

Ruby - have you worn your shoes yet? I've got mine on order (they didn't have my size) as when I showed DH, he thought they were great and offered to buy them for me!!!!! Woo hoo

BloodRedRubyRioja · 11/10/2006 11:50

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.