Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Thermomix Owners - tips / recipes

Welshrarebit75 · 10/06/2022 17:19

I know there are threads with opinions on Thermomixers; and I know they are very marmite kitchen gadgets! I thought rather than a thread about how ridiculously expensive they are, or wonderful (depending on your view) I’d love to know what tips or recipes you recommend if you own one.

I have just joined the cult of Thermomix and am waiting for delivery would love to find out whose also a member 😅 and how you use it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

rifling · 10/06/2022 17:24

I have one! It almost ended up in divorce as I told dh I hated them and he bought me one as a present because "I remember you talking about them". I use it a lot now though especially for soups, meatloaf, meatballs, bechamel sauce, mayonnaise...can't think what else now!

Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 10/06/2022 17:29

rifling · 10/06/2022 17:24

I have one! It almost ended up in divorce as I told dh I hated them and he bought me one as a present because "I remember you talking about them". I use it a lot now though especially for soups, meatloaf, meatballs, bechamel sauce, mayonnaise...can't think what else now!

I’m glad you like it now!

I am looking forward to making a bechamel sauce.

After many years I decided to take the plunge. I love to cook, but am very “time challenged” and rubbish at food planning so hoping my gadget will help me.

OP's posts:
Please
or

mishmased · 11/06/2022 00:00

Ohhhi just put in an order yesterday and cannot wait!

Please
or

ElaineMarieBenes · 11/06/2022 01:04

I have one too! Love it and make lots! Home made stock cubes are amazing! I adapt a lot of recipes automatically now (has taken a lot of practice though!).

I recommend the Aus thermomix site (plus going through the recipe book the machine comes with!) - enjoy 😉

Please
or

ElaineMarieBenes · 11/06/2022 01:06

I made pea and mint soup for supper, followed by scones - delicious!

Please
or

PiffleWiffleWoozle · 11/06/2022 01:08

Tenina’s books

Please
or

ElaineMarieBenes · 11/06/2022 01:17

Oh yes I have one of Tenina’s - her yellow curry paste is delicious!

Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 11/06/2022 07:26

mishmased · 11/06/2022 00:00

Ohhhi just put in an order yesterday and cannot wait!

Exciting!
I’m gutted there’s such a wait for delivery because I just want to start playing with me new toy now. 😂

@ElaineMarieBenes I’m really interested in the stock pastes, so glad you’ve confirmed they are good.

They seem very popular in Australia. When I was online stalking (or researching 😉) there were a lot of Australian advisors popping up.

I’m looking forward to trying the frozen fruit sorbet that I keep seeing reels for. I’m also looking forward to emptying my kitchen of the numerous gadgets that the Thermomix will replace and having a bit more room.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DailySheetWasher · 11/06/2022 07:31

Cheesy mash was a favourite.

It makes the most perfect hollandaise sauce too. If you have time on the weekend, amazing served over sous vide eggs (60 mins at 60 degrees).

Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 11/06/2022 07:44

@DailySheetWasher oh! Perfect hollandaise without a packet.

OP's posts:
Please
or

lrwe · 11/06/2022 17:00

LOVE mine. Wouldn't be without it. Use it daily!!

Great for curries, soup, risotto, paella, sauces, dressings, spice mixes, cocktails, Mayo, pesto, dough, pastry, stock pastes!!

Some really good recipe books out there - I love the Australian skinnymixer books!

Please
or

Carpediem15 · 11/06/2022 17:15

My husband asked why on earth did I want a Thermomix as I have most things with a plug on - Vitamix, Instant Pot, Bamix, Magimix Processor in 2 sizes, KitchenAid mixer, Ninja Foodi Grill etc. but was hankering after a Thermo. Had the demo and didn't know he had lined up all the others on the patio and said - buy that and dump these - what do you want to do ? No brainer.

Please
or

MarpleFan · 11/06/2022 17:29

Love ours! Use it most days. Came in super-useful when I ran out of icing sugar the other day as well.

Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 11/06/2022 17:31

Oh! Your all making me feel much less guilty about spending so much money now! (My own money that I saved 😂😂).

thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rifling · 11/06/2022 17:31

I have the tiniest kitchen- don't even have space for a kettle on the worktop! The thermomix actually saves me space as i can't fit lots of pans on the hob.

Please
or

ChickpeaFlour · 30/06/2022 23:09

welshrarebit75 please can I ask how you’re getting on?
ive had my TM6 for about two weeks so love knowing what successes others have had and ideas to try - weirdly DS and I keep wishing there were more recipes so I wonder if we need to change our settings on Cookidoo or something . But I can only understand the English,Spanish or French ones.

our favourites so far are cheese scones (but we substitute smoked salmon instead of cheese!) , lemonade (it’s amazing) and quite liked the Tuscan bean soup.
i was less mad on creamy pea pasta and a beef korma that didn’t turn out brilliantly .

Theres a broccoli/ Apple etc salad that took so little time and was just delicious so I would love to find more salads like that.

im still finding it hard to use without recipes as wish I knew what temperature I want to fry an onion for example , I have no clue.

Please
or

ChickpeaFlour · 30/06/2022 23:13

It’s also just so cool to be able to ‘grate’ a whole pack of Parmesan in no time and without the usual muscle and effort. And I think we might all put weight on as it’s so much easier to have puddings etc too we wouldn’t normally get round to.

Please
or

Cookingutensil · 30/06/2022 23:25

Ugh, now I want one. Go on someone, tell us how much they cost - I'll brace myself!

Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 01/07/2022 05:34

ChickpeaFlour · 30/06/2022 23:09

welshrarebit75 please can I ask how you’re getting on?
ive had my TM6 for about two weeks so love knowing what successes others have had and ideas to try - weirdly DS and I keep wishing there were more recipes so I wonder if we need to change our settings on Cookidoo or something . But I can only understand the English,Spanish or French ones.

our favourites so far are cheese scones (but we substitute smoked salmon instead of cheese!) , lemonade (it’s amazing) and quite liked the Tuscan bean soup.
i was less mad on creamy pea pasta and a beef korma that didn’t turn out brilliantly .

Theres a broccoli/ Apple etc salad that took so little time and was just delicious so I would love to find more salads like that.

im still finding it hard to use without recipes as wish I knew what temperature I want to fry an onion for example , I have no clue.

I’m still waiting for delivery 🥲.

So disappointed as I really hoped it would be here by now. It’s a 4 to 6 week lead in time and I’m on week 5 (wasn’t told this until after I’d made my payment).

A little disappointed in the communication side as I can’t seem to track my order either, when I log into the website it just says “completed”. Hoping I’m actually going to get a dispatch notice at some point, so I can at least make sure someone is at home to take delivery. I’m leaving it a few days before I contact the advisor to see if she can provide a few details.

I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Welshrarebit75 · 01/07/2022 05:42

Cookingutensil · 30/06/2022 23:25

Ugh, now I want one. Go on someone, tell us how much they cost - I'll brace myself!

I’ve paid an eye watering £1149 (I know I’m wincing as I write).

At the time I ordered there was an offer on for a “free” second bowl. There’s a price increase happening in July but they haven’t announced the increase amount yet.

Such a lot of money (well to me) but I’ve saved for quite sometime and during lockdown my travel costs were greatly reduced.

OP's posts:
Please
or

alwayscrashinginthesamecar1 · 01/07/2022 06:17

I love mine and use it all the time. One tip about foreign language recipes on Cookidoo, you can translate them on Google Chrome, although it doesn't work with all languages. Mine is used every day for all sorts of things. Too many good recipes to mention but Skinnymixer's Butter chicken and Lala's creamy lemon chicken are favourites in this house. I also seem to make a lot of decadent chocolate brownies, pizza dough and iced coffee syrup. The recipecommunity is worth a look too as well as Tenina and skinnymixers. Look up 4blades magazine too, although it is no more the back issues are online.

Please
or

newtb · 01/07/2022 06:29

Lidl do one, much cheaper!

Please
or

LovelaceBiggWither · 01/07/2022 06:31

If you are looking to buy one a bit cheaper, there is always people selling them on FBmarketplace. You don't get a consultant if you buy secondhand but I didn't find my consultant any use at all, the forums are way more useful.

I have a question about the machines with cookido. My TM31 is slowly dying the death and there's no way I am paying for it to be repaired. Can you use the tmx without cookido or do you have to use that function?

Please
or

demotedreally · 01/07/2022 06:38

What is this thing? Do I need it?

Please
or

alwayscrashinginthesamecar1 · 01/07/2022 07:57

newtb · 01/07/2022 06:29

Lidl do one, much cheaper!

I started off with an Aldi one to see if I would use it. It was ok, but comparing it to the Thermomix is like comparing a Skoda to a Bentley. It was a pain having to change the blade all the time, and the motor was pretty crappy. My thermomix was worth every cent, I would rescue it if my house was on fire!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.