Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best sports bra for big busy?

helpamummaout · 08/01/2020 21:13

Hi everyone. Wanting to start couch to 5k next week but need a decent sports bra, so looking for recommendations. I'm big busted so need something that's going to keep them contained Blush . Don't really want to spend an absolute fortune either. Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

helpamummaout · 08/01/2020 21:14

Obviously the title should say bust! 😂

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lellochip · 08/01/2020 21:18

I swear by shock absorber (f cup) - not the cheapest but nothing moves, and they last for years

Please
or

HalleLouja · 08/01/2020 21:20

Shock absorbers are amazing. I also bought a m and s bra that you zip up which I love.

Please
or

EmmaGrundyForPM · 08/01/2020 21:20

I'm.an F cup and have never found a sports bra that really fits and supports. I do have Shock Absorber bras but I still find my bust wobbling about!

Please
or

helpamummaout · 08/01/2020 21:24

I've just been looking at the M&S zip up the front ones but the reviews didn't look great. The shock absorber ones do look good, so expensive though 😩 suppose I'll have to suck it up and get one! The joys of big boobs hey!

OP's posts:
Please
or

HalleLouja · 08/01/2020 21:27

You can get shock absorber bras cheaper on sportsshoes.com. Go up one size in the back and keep your cup the same. The m and s one has been great for me, I bought it in an emergency and didn’t read the reviews.

Please
or

FrangipaniBlue · 08/01/2020 22:30

Yep definitely shock absorber!

Please
or

helpamummaout · 09/01/2020 06:48

Thanks ladies going to have a good look today Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mocha3105 · 09/01/2020 07:00

I'm large chested and got a good sports bra a few years ago from Debenhams. They often have some sort of sale on in the underwear department, might be worth a look online or in store?

Please
or

dancingbadger · 09/01/2020 07:06

Shock absorber ultimate run bra is brilliant!

Please
or

northender · 09/01/2020 07:19

I had a shock absorber and yes it was prices, but it lasted me for years and was brilliant.

Please
or

thekingfisher · 09/01/2020 08:34

These ones are great I have F's but bras do go up higher. Have bought 2 of them and have last a really good
Long time

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/panache-sports-moulded-underwired-bra/PA-5021.html?dwvarPA-50211_color=753937&cgid=sports-lingerie-bras#start=2

Please
or

Runningonempty84 · 09/01/2020 20:03

I'm going to argue I'm afraid... Shock Absorbers are great, and now I'm down to a D cup they're all I wear. But back when I was running half and full marathons with a FF cup - up to an H when pregnant! - Shock Absorber didn't cut the mustard.

I found the Freya Active non-wired bra, and the Panache Sport, were much better for bigger cup sizes when running serious distances. If I had to pick, I'd go for the Panache as it was slightly more comfortable:

www.panache-lingerie.com/shop/product/sports-full-cup?colour=013

Please
or

helpamummaout · 09/01/2020 20:07

Thanks everyone. I'm a 34GG so need something decent! Wanting to start next week so best get my act together and order something x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Runningonempty84 · 09/01/2020 20:09

You're in luck if you fancy the Panache - Figleaves have it in your size in the sale:

www.figleaves.com/uk/panache-sports-moulded-underwired-bra/PA-5021.html

Please
or

Runningonempty84 · 09/01/2020 20:10

Just noticed @thekingfisher said the same. Great minds eh!!

Please
or

Gogolego · 09/01/2020 20:14

I have a Nike zip up the front one it's fab

Please
or

MovedIntoCottage · 09/01/2020 20:19

Take a look on the Leia sale page, they sometimes have good offers www.leialingerie.com/outlet/

Please
or

BikeRunSki · 09/01/2020 20:22

Another vote for Shock Absorber Run Bra. Up one size in the back, down one size in the cup.

Please
or

BikeRunSki · 09/01/2020 20:25

I’m 34F btw.
I had a Panache sports bra. I hated it. The one I had was under wired and shaped, and just not the right shape for my boobs, too baggy at the top, even though it was technically the right size. My Shock Absorber is much more flexible.

Please
or

Runningonempty84 · 09/01/2020 20:33

BikeRunSki makes a good point - the Panache is great if you have very "full" boobs, as it's shaped, and therefore aims to offer support all over. Was brill for me pre-DC2, and also when pregnant.

Since DC2 though, I've lost both size and fullness (as I imagine many people do after bf and lots of running) so full cup shaped bras don't work for me so much - whether a sports bra or a t shirt bra. I have space at the top in those sorts of bras, whereas the Shock Absorber is indeed more flexible.

I'd order a couple and return whatever doesn't fit, OP!

Please
or

NotMeNoNo · 09/01/2020 20:41

I've got the Shock absorber classic D+ bra, it's excellent, I bought it for running. Wish I'd carried on running but there you go!

Please
or

NotMeNoNo · 09/01/2020 20:43

Bravissimo have a good choice in sports bras at the moment as well

Please
or

workffs · 09/01/2020 20:45

Bravissimo also have money off (5 I think) sports bras at the moment

Please
or

CrotchetyQuaver · 09/01/2020 20:45

try Enell. Costs a fortune, but the buggers will stay put....

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.