Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To think Kwasi is unhinged / on drugs?!

SafferUpNorth · 23/09/2022 16:00

So, following on from several threads discussing today's bizarre budget, I went and googled to find some footage of him at the Queen's funeral which someone had mentioned.

If you've not seen it, take a look. WTF?!

www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/queen-elizabeth-kwasi-kwarteng-chancellor-b2172746.html
www.indy100.com/viral/kwasi-kwarteng-laugh-queen-funeral

Is this man unhinged, on drugs or just plain disrespectful? Any of these might also explain today's budget.....

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

SafferUpNorth · 23/09/2022 16:05

...what's more, he was directly behind Boris and Carrie. They managed to behave (for once). Not so our new Chancellor. We really are doomed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

jetadore · 23/09/2022 16:08

Didn’t look to me like he was laughing, but being unable to stand still in silence for two minutes without fidgeting and rubbing his face is pretty weird. Neither he, Truss, Mogg, (I could go on) appear to me to have the requisite charisma, leadership or competence for their roles but seems the majority of the country is more than happy to go along with it anyway.

Please
or

ilovesooty · 23/09/2022 16:14

He should explain his behaviour.

Since he hasn't, Truss should make him, but she won't, of course, for obvious reasons.

Please
or

Underanothersky · 23/09/2022 16:15

Maybe he's in pain.

Please
or

Lonelycrab · 23/09/2022 16:15

Didn’t look to me like he was laughing

Hmm

To think Kwasi is unhinged / on drugs?!
Please
or

SafferUpNorth · 23/09/2022 16:17

Neither he, Truss, Mogg, (I could go on) appear to me to have the requisite charisma, leadership or competence for their roles but seems the majority of the country is more than happy to go along with it anyway.

Agree they don't have what it takes - in fact they represent a scraping of the proverbial.... But Iis the majority of the country happy to go along with it, though? I don't think so. So much has happened since the last GE and now we have a complete change at the top. I would love to hear from anyone who wholeheartedly voted Tory in 2019 whether they're happy with the new PM and cabinet...

OP's posts:
Please
or

walkingonsunshinekat · 23/09/2022 16:22

The Tories are totally in hock to Putin and are doing his bidding to destroy the country.

Please
or

jetadore · 23/09/2022 16:26

Lonelycrab · 23/09/2022 16:15

Didn’t look to me like he was laughing

Hmm

Ah ok I only watched the clip from the mins silence, didn’t see the laughing one.

Please
or

Mamamia7962 · 23/09/2022 16:28

In that clip I thought he was wiping tears from his eyes, it seemed a very quick clip so is there a longer one because I can't see him smiling.

Please
or

jetadore · 23/09/2022 16:34

SafferUpNorth · 23/09/2022 16:17

Neither he, Truss, Mogg, (I could go on) appear to me to have the requisite charisma, leadership or competence for their roles but seems the majority of the country is more than happy to go along with it anyway.

Agree they don't have what it takes - in fact they represent a scraping of the proverbial.... But Iis the majority of the country happy to go along with it, though? I don't think so. So much has happened since the last GE and now we have a complete change at the top. I would love to hear from anyone who wholeheartedly voted Tory in 2019 whether they're happy with the new PM and cabinet...

Well, I’d say a decade of Tory governments with landslide victories suggests otherwise, and this lot are not significantly different to their predecessors.

Please
or

MissHavishamsMouldyOldCake · 23/09/2022 16:35

Very peculiar behaviour. He seemed giddy and jittery. As though he was on something.

Please
or

MissHavishamsMouldyOldCake · 23/09/2022 16:36

Please
or

ChocChipOwl · 23/09/2022 16:57

The fidgeting, looking around, jittering and movements indicate something but I'm not sure what. I'd say ADHD. He reminds me of a 5 year old on a school assembly

Please
or

LittleBrownRug · 23/09/2022 17:02

That Twitter link 😵

@ChocChipOwl
FFS don't excuse apparent bad behaviour with labels!

Please
or

TimBoothseyes · 23/09/2022 17:04

In the clip MissHavishamsMouldyOldCake posts, look at his eyes and his mouth (between the fits of laughter). You may need to watch it a few times but the exhaling, eyerolling and cheek biting indicates, to me, that he is high as a kite. I have seen the exact same behaviours from people after they have taken either coke or speed.

Please
or

SleeplessInEngland · 23/09/2022 17:04

My guess is he has ADHD. I'll criticise him for his terrible politics, but not that if so.

Please
or

LadyHermione · 23/09/2022 17:05

TimBoothseyes · 23/09/2022 17:04

In the clip MissHavishamsMouldyOldCake posts, look at his eyes and his mouth (between the fits of laughter). You may need to watch it a few times but the exhaling, eyerolling and cheek biting indicates, to me, that he is high as a kite. I have seen the exact same behaviours from people after they have taken either coke or speed.

This.

Please
or

ChocChipOwl · 23/09/2022 17:07

@LittleBrownRug err I'll write what I want (within reason of course) on an open forum. Hope thats ok with you

Please
or

mrsmarmalade12 · 23/09/2022 17:07

Did anyone else think this was about Kwazi from octonauts?

Please
or

54isanopendoor · 23/09/2022 17:07

It looked like drugs to me too.
Was he wearing an earpiece & chatting to someone (in another clip?)
... to make Johnson & Carrie Antoinette look 'respectful' is quite an achievement

Please
or

LynetteScavo · 23/09/2022 17:10

I know a few people diagnosed with ADHD and none of them behave like that. I don't know enough drug users to comment on whether he might have taken drugs. With out an explanation of his behaviour I now find it hard to trust him with the economy.

Please
or

Cornettoninja · 23/09/2022 17:14

It was bizarre behaviour at such a scrutinised, formal event. Whatever the reason there definitely is one.

Please
or

RedWingBoots · 23/09/2022 17:16

LynetteScavo · 23/09/2022 17:10

I know a few people diagnosed with ADHD and none of them behave like that. I don't know enough drug users to comment on whether he might have taken drugs. With out an explanation of his behaviour I now find it hard to trust him with the economy.

I know a few people with ADHD as well.

They all act differently from each other as they don't all have the same up bringing, family background, ethnicity and education. They are also not the same sex.

Please
or

Gingerkittykat · 23/09/2022 17:16

Is it possible he was talking to someone on speakerphone or via earbuds?

Please
or

inappropriateraspberry · 23/09/2022 17:18

I thought this was going to be about Octonauts. I'm watching too much CBeebies!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?