Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Period pants for heavy flow days

75 replies

samosamo · 11/04/2021 10:06

AUBI to want this?

I have used non-disposable sanitary wear for about 5vyears now. My periods are just starting up again after giving birth nearly a year ago. But we moved whilst I was pregnant and I swear to you I've lost my knickers!!!!! Can't find them anywhere. I told my mum and she said 'you're STILL doing that?!!!'

Please tell me your brand of period pants that work overnight and on heavy days. I've got an IUD now and I'd say i need to change an overnight Always pad every 4 hours. I don't mind bulky / look etc. I usually wear skirts during period for safety anyway.

I've also lost my cheeky wipes pads which are excellent i probably need to change those every 5 hours on heavy days in case anyone is interested in that nugget of info!

Thanks!!!!!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

19 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
16%
You are NOT being unreasonable
84%
jellyfrizz · 11/04/2021 10:08

My favourite so far are WUKA.

kakiqueen · 11/04/2021 10:14

Modibodi all the way! They are fab and have some lovely designs and colours.

Trinacham · 11/04/2021 10:22

I got a pack of 3 'tutuesther' from Amazon and they are great!

samosamo · 11/04/2021 13:00

Thank you.

Is that a particular type of each of these brands or just the type for heaviest flow?

OP posts:
NamechangerSince2010 · 11/04/2021 13:19

Word of warning on the Wuka ones, I ordered some on 4th Feb and am STILL WAITING for them.

They might be great, but I wouldn't know.

But, thanks to this thread for reminding me so I can hassle them.

(Disclaimer: I think their other styles are all available, just not the one that I ordered 🙄. I'm really grumpy about it)

LesserBother · 11/04/2021 13:26

None are suitable for heavy flow ime. Or rather, they'll work for a couple of hours but then need to be changed so might as well just change a pad

AnnieKN · 11/04/2021 13:59

Would second modibodi - I have heavy period and can wear the heavy flow ones at night with no leakage at all

hidethexylophone · 11/04/2021 14:00

Another vote for modibodi - I have very heavy flow for the first 2 days of my period and they cope really well.

Twotinydictators · 11/04/2021 14:04

Modibodi here too, heavy flow. I've only used them for two cycles so far but I amazed how comfortable they are and no leaks overnight.

I think they are amazing and will definitely get them for DD to try when she hits puberty. Really great product.

Tippytaps · 11/04/2021 14:38

I have tried thinx, which are good for heavy flow EXCEPT the pad bit is very low at the front so I spill over the top and leak that way. None of their reviews mention this so perhaps I am a weird shape.

I have also tried Bambody, from Amazon. Their high/full briefs the pad bit is much higher, but I have not yet tested them on a heavy day.

Lazierdays · 11/04/2021 14:43

Modibodi vegan ones and they do the job well, on the heaviest days I do combine with a mooncup for reassurance though.

WaltzesWithSnobs · 11/04/2021 14:46

Can I please ask about period underwear? Is it just knickers with a built in (removable) pad? Or is the whole thing made of absorbant material?

jellyfrizz · 11/04/2021 14:47

@Tippytaps

I have tried thinx, which are good for heavy flow EXCEPT the pad bit is very low at the front so I spill over the top and leak that way. None of their reviews mention this so perhaps I am a weird shape.

I have also tried Bambody, from Amazon. Their high/full briefs the pad bit is much higher, but I have not yet tested them on a heavy day.

I haven’t tried too many different pants but with the WUKA ones I have the absorbent bit goes all the way up the front & back.
Hankunamatata · 11/04/2021 14:48

Havnt found any that does very heavy flow. I tend to use mooncup overnight with washable sanitary towel inside period pants.

Frogshoe · 11/04/2021 14:51

I haven't found any that can cope with my heavy days. Bloom and nora maxi reusable pads with wuka period pants is my go to on my heavy day but they are really bulky

itsgettingwierd · 11/04/2021 14:51

Those who have the modibody ones - does anyone use the maxi/24 hour ones?

I have extremely heavy periods and can flood through a tampon and pad in 7 minutes.

I'd like something extremely absorbent for nighttime's and also so I can move further than a loo for about 20 minutes when I have my period. (I bleed very heavily for a week each cycle).

They aren't cheap at £114 for pack of 5 so would really like to know they are as absorbent as they say.

SophieGiroux · 11/04/2021 15:06

I've noticed Bodyform are doing them now and they are a bit more affordable than most, has anyone tried them yet?

itsgettingwierd · 11/04/2021 16:07

I read the body form ones and I'm sure it said to be worn with their San pro?

I know a lot of the cheaper ones are backup rather than sole use.

AfternoonToffee · 11/04/2021 16:11

I used mine for the first time last night, and I still leaked through (I got them from Sainsbury's) I am in a pair now but I am not sure, the fit seems wrong. I had to go for a 14/16 , where normally I am just a 14 so I am not sure if they are just too big.

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo · 11/04/2021 16:18

I’m afraid I disagree with the Modibodi recommendations. I have the overnight ones and on my heaviest days, I wear them with a tampon and they still soak through and leak. Great for moderate days and nights though. I need to change the overnight ones once or twice during the day.

AsMuchUseAsAMarzipanDildo · 11/04/2021 16:24

@itsgettingwierd cross-posted... my periods sound similar and to be honest I don’t think the heaviest duty modibodi are up to the job by themselves. As an extra to a tampon they’re good, but not by themselves. I actually found a mooncup was the most useful for my insanely heavy periods, but now sadly can’t due to prolapse.

reluctantbrit · 11/04/2021 16:29

After destroying several bedsheets with stains I ordered Modibodi overnight ones.

No leak, notthing and I bleed heavily in the first couple of nights.

They also do a 24hr one now, not tested yet but reviews look positiv.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

EndoplasmicReticulum · 11/04/2021 16:34

Modibodi, I use the heavy flow / overnight ones but with a mooncup as well.
Expensive but worth it I reckon, and not throwing away masses of disposable stuff.

OhWifey · 11/04/2021 16:35

Mooncup plus Modibodi have been genuinely life changing

nettytree · 11/04/2021 16:35

I've tried the body form ones. I used them with tampons. Great during the day. But at night when my tampon leaked, so did the pants. Not protective up the bum bit.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.