Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What cute little things do you do for your family

xxcatcatcatxx · 05/08/2022 08:49

I know it’s a bit of a weird one and arguably he should find his own motivation but I always go to the gym so my DP can go.

I was such a little gym rat before I was a mummy bear so I am happy to be back but DP does struggle with motivation to go in the mornings and for some reason, I imagine competitiveness 😂 I know as soon as I get back from my session he’ll be ready to go and taken his pre work out. It’s so good for him and it definitely puts him in a better mood when he’s been.

Whats some cute things you do xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

giffyg · 05/08/2022 08:54

turn on the telly

Please
or

TheChosenTwo · 05/08/2022 09:07

Erm, I sometimes make dh a cup of tea before he goes to work if I remember/can be bothered!
i used to put notes in the dcs lunchboxes when it was their birthday.

Please
or

Gazelda · 05/08/2022 09:07

I suspect you're going to get roasted on this thread OP. Or it's going to turn into a piss take.

I can't think of anything I do for my family that I'd call cute. I sometimes pair their socks if that counts? And i make sure there's some pizza in the fridge ready for them to cook when I'm going out with my friends.

But I've never been one to put love notes in lunchboxes or warm their slippers.

Please
or

Peasinapod9 · 05/08/2022 09:09

turn on the telly

😂

Please
or

girlmom21 · 05/08/2022 09:09

I sometimes pair their socks if that counts?

I do this, and if they're lucky sometimes they even match Grin

Please
or

giffyg · 05/08/2022 09:11

I suspect you're going to get roasted on this thread OP. Or it's going to turn into a piss take.

I assumed the OP was a piss take

Please
or

giffyg · 05/08/2022 09:12

pre work out

what even is that?

Please
or

giffyg · 05/08/2022 09:14

I was such a little gym rat before I was a mummy bear

i'm more of a 🦥

Please
or

BellaLab · 05/08/2022 09:16

I was such a little gym rat before I was a mummy bear

This is a joke thread right?

Please
or

twilightcafe · 05/08/2022 09:16

Mummy Bear? Hmm

Please
or

FlibbertyGiblets · 05/08/2022 09:19

I lick the icing on the top of their cupcakes so it is nice and smooth. Prevents shouts of URGHHHH LUMPY, you see.

Please
or

godmum56 · 05/08/2022 09:20

does getting hammered so I don't yell at people count?

Please
or

DorotheaHomeAlone · 05/08/2022 09:24

Ok, ignoring some of the language here I do agree that kind, small gestures can be important in relationships so here are few things I do if I have time: put kids’ pjs on the radiator in the winter so they’re warm after bath, switch the towels around in the morning so dh has a fry one ready when he gets out of the shower, make a meal he loves that I don’t and freeze extra portions just for him, fill the paddling pool in the morning so it’s sun-warmed after school, bring dh a coffee in bed when it’s his lie-in, pick up the specific treats they all like.

All tiny things but show I care and think about them.

Please
or

xxcatcatcatxx · 05/08/2022 09:28

Oh, it was actually supposed to be a genuine thread 😂 obviously not going down well here but it make me smile I guess xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

TitaniasAss · 05/08/2022 09:28

I don't call him a twat every time I think it. That's cute, right?

You sound very sweet OP and it's nice that you do that for your DH if you feel it helps him.

Please
or

LizzieSiddal · 05/08/2022 09:29

Sweeping through the house with a black bin liner, picking up anything which is not in its place and depositing in the outside bin, saves everyone else from tidying up.

Please
or

Sillystripytail · 05/08/2022 09:35

Sorry, gym rat and mummy bear make my skin crawl😂😒

I have a 3 year old so I do nice things for him allday long😏

I get my DH snacks and drinks when he's too busy working, I always buy him a little something if I go shopping too. I guess that's nice?

Please
or

KnowButNeedU2TellMeAsItIs · 05/08/2022 09:37

Mummy bear?

Please
or

florianfortescue · 05/08/2022 09:37

turn on the telly

Lol. I read this in the voice of Liz from Motherland.

Please
or

LosingMyPancakes · 05/08/2022 09:38

I'll join OP: we take turns doing breakfast in bed on weekends. It's not particularly scheduled, just if one of us is up earlier and fancies it, they bring the tray up with a nice breakfast and juice/tea. Also, I always try to send a loving/supporting message after DH leaves for work and has something stressful on that day.

Please
or

giffyg · 05/08/2022 09:39

@florianfortescue that's how it was in my head 😆

Please
or

KatnissNeverdone · 05/08/2022 09:40

Fucking everything from taking the bins out to doing their washing.

Please
or

Puffalicious · 05/08/2022 09:46

Little gym rat? Mummy bear? 🤢

Please
or

EthicalNonMahogany · 05/08/2022 09:47

There's something about your OP that really grates, I'm so sorry because you do seem sweet! I think it's the patronising thing about subtly "making" him go to the gym. And the mummy rat bear bollox obvs

Please
or

CleopatrasBeautifulNose · 05/08/2022 10:03

Loving thoughtfulness is fab in all its forms. I think what you do sounds lovely op, even if your language is weirdly saccharine which is deeply unappetising for most Brits, I'm assuming you're American and its normal for you so you can't help it. 😁 Presumably being on a UK site you can take some good natured piss taking on the chin, and I just love a positive thread, so here's mine
Dh works long hours so I do all the shopping and he secretly loves a dirty butterscotch Angel Delight, so when I want to him to feel loved I buy him one and he stays up late after I've gone to bed and enjoys a film I would hate with a massive bowl of angel delight on his knee. It's a good in-joke that I let him 'find' it and pretend I haven't noticed. Lots of comedy mileage in that for us, the layers of pretence that go into it have developed over the years and it probably sounds crap, but keeps us amused. 🤣
I squeeze faces/pictures on the kids porridge with honey so even if it's morning and no-one is chatty they're still loved.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.