Talk

Advanced search

Go Julie Bindel!!

(57 Posts)
imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 08:17:24

Did anyone see Julie Bindel on Sky News discussing the Self-ID article in the Fail: dailym.ai/2GE7nYT

Thank you Julie!!!

Noted Steve D's uncomfortable demeanour when you did.

TerfsUp Sun 18-Mar-18 08:21:05

Hooray, too, for the women mentioned in the article.

And boo to the person who says that other people "need to be educated". Nice bit of Maoist thinking, there. Why not just send people off to re-education camps while you're at it?

SonicVersusGynaephobia Sun 18-Mar-18 08:25:17

No, but I want to!

Is there a link up yet?

She's been great with little OJ the last few days.

Also, did anyone see on twitter that Nimko Ali, FGM campaigner for WEP has apparently been accused of transphobia for calling herself a fanny defender? Was only a matter of time. I saw that idiot Toni Harrison starting on her a week ago. (maybe I should start a separate thread).

SwearyG Sun 18-Mar-18 08:30:23

What time was she on? Would love to see it. And milk my 15 minutes of fame

Patodp Sun 18-Mar-18 08:35:01

Julie Bindel and Sky News FAME!

I'd love a link if there's a catch up somewhere. ...

OldHag1 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:35:07

I think everyone should be leaving comments on the daily mail page (link in OP) there seems to be a lot of confusion.

onedayiwillmissthis Sun 18-Mar-18 08:58:53

Very concerning to see the total lack of comprehension in the comments that have so far been posted. Do wonder what moderation is taking place tho' as so far I am unable to get my comment published.

swivelchair Sun 18-Mar-18 09:01:45

Me too oneday - I commented over 3 hours ago to let one of the commenters know they'd mis-understood - I was clear, and polite, said nothing that could ever be construed as even rude by the most touchy of TRAs... not published...

Anyone would think that the mail might have an agenda too (just not sure what it is)

TerfyMcTerface Sun 18-Mar-18 09:04:20

The Mail has never published any comment I’ve submitted on any trans article (and I’ve tried many times). No gender-critical views get through. It’s almost like the have an agenda of their own.

Childrenofthestones Sun 18-Mar-18 09:07:49

Yes , something that they have in common with the Guardian.

imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 09:09:26

I couldn't find a link patodp

I am loath to open the DM as it just encourages them, but I think I may have to make an exception in this case.

Beerincomechampagnetastes Sun 18-Mar-18 09:10:34

I’ve tried to post and it hasn’t published.
I first read the article at 6.30 am this morning and it was at 15 comments then. It has not adjusted so it appears no comments are being published

ginandbearit Sun 18-Mar-18 09:14:05

I pisted and not published yet ..no rebuttals from here either

ginandbearit Sun 18-Mar-18 09:15:44

Posted ...mind you ..

TerfyMcTerface Sun 18-Mar-18 09:16:40

They won’t publish any more comments, I don’t think. I’ve seen this many times with their trans articles. They allow a tiny number of comments and then nothing else gets through.

imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 09:22:37

Tweet put out on the article too by Julie:

twitter.com/bindelj

retweeting now

ChattyLion Sun 18-Mar-18 09:25:52

Sweary loving your work!!

imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 09:28:19

Sweary she mentioned it on the 6:40 am slot but I cannot find link yet.

Well done you - you are brave and put me to shame.

MealyPotatoes Sun 18-Mar-18 09:29:33

I posted in reply to two comments - they haven’t been published.

NoSquirrels Sun 18-Mar-18 09:42:12

Mail don’t seem to be publishing comments - either it’s as PP says and no more will be published or no ones working the Sunday shift...

Could someone - @YesItsADebate perhaps? - ask Julie Bibdel to directly tweet the petition link? No one seems to link the petition to the articles which is an issue with visibility.

Testingnamechange1 Sun 18-Mar-18 09:42:23

I am not on Twitter. Can someone ask Julie to tweet the petition?

NoSquirrels Sun 18-Mar-18 09:42:47

Julie Bindel not Bibdel!!

YesItsADebate Sun 18-Mar-18 09:45:08

Julie Bindel was on Sky News commenting on this today. She really got it and explained it beautifully. <girl crush>

imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 09:46:58

Testingnamechange1 just tweeted her

she just retweeted this:

First comment from some bloke: Wow...this is amazingly offensive...

Divvy

imnolaidee Sun 18-Mar-18 09:47:47

The link that is NoSquirrels

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: