Talk

Advanced search

The OA, anyone watching?

(59 Posts)
PossumInAPearTree Fri 16-Dec-16 23:21:19

Have watched three episodes so far and am liking it.

spencerreidswife Fri 16-Dec-16 23:47:33

I've watched them all!! In one day!!shock
I was hooked & couldn't stop watching. Needless to say I haven't got much done today!!

PossumInAPearTree Sat 17-Dec-16 07:58:58

Am hoping to watch the rest this afternoon!

Hassled Sat 17-Dec-16 08:00:11

No but I've just read a Guardian review of it and thought that's something to plug the Stranger Things gap. I will definitely give it a go.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 17-Dec-16 08:15:32

Yes, I lòved stranger things so if you liked that I think you'll like this.

spencerreidswife Sat 17-Dec-16 08:35:33

I haven't watched stranger things yet. Did you finish watching it possum?

ICJump Sat 17-Dec-16 08:38:48

Oh ov just started I like it

PossumInAPearTree Sat 17-Dec-16 11:48:20

Yes, I watched stranger things in two days and loved it.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 17-Dec-16 15:37:34

I'm not keen on the basement story......really hoping that part of things ends soon. I realise it's pivotal to the story but it makes me feel panicky.

Caken Sat 17-Dec-16 15:53:17

I watched the first episode last night, I'm not sure I 'get' it. Does it get better/good? I loved Stranger Things and had high hopes for this but not sure!

Wex Sat 17-Dec-16 15:55:38

Watched the first one last night and it was sooo slow. I was watching with DS (18) otherwise I'd have given up after 10 minutes. I didn't like the wobbly camera or enigmatic silences.

Kagard Sat 17-Dec-16 15:57:04

I just finished episode 5 and am dying to talk to someone about the Jesus imagery with Scott when he resurrects!!! I've got chills!!!

Kagard Sat 17-Dec-16 18:07:58

I just finished the series!!!!! Holy smokes!!!!!!! What was that?!?!?! When does season 2 come out? Sooooo goooood, better than stranger things I thought, and I LOVED that!

PossumInAPearTree Sat 17-Dec-16 19:34:38

Finished it, loved it. Quite confused by the end of the last episode though.

itstheyearzero Sun 18-Dec-16 10:17:02

I was let down by the ending but I think it was supposed to be open to interpretation...started well, ended badly.

MissDreamGirl Mon 19-Dec-16 12:55:09

I loved this and really want to be able to talk about it. I agree that the ending felt slightly unsatisfying and it seemed to lose a bit of momentum in the last couple of episodes, but I guess it is being left open to interpretation and for a second season - and I really want to believe her story as it was so compelling

CrazyDuchess Mon 19-Dec-16 13:01:37

I watched from start to finish yesterday (I love a good binge session) and still not too sure how I feel about the whole thing.... it feels unfinished (so will assume there is a part 2 on the way) and I just think it had so much promise.... does Homer exist.. was it just a dream... I have no idea where the shooting came from.

The story telling was fantastic as was the casting.

I think it was good.

I feel confused.

PossumInAPearTree Mon 19-Dec-16 17:22:32

I couldn't get why they jumped up and did the movements at the end. So they're trying to create an opening to another dimension, but surely the shooter would have shot them. And what was the benefit of another dimension at that point.

And I'm not even sure how the person who got shot was shot, because she was standing up not shot and someone seems to have grappled the gunman. Then next thing she's getting carted off covered in blood.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Tue 20-Dec-16 03:42:18

While the 5 are doing the movements to open the other dimension it distracts the shooter long enough for one of the kitchen staff to tackle him to the ground. In the process the gun goes off. One of the bullets hits the window and goes through hitting Prairie (OA) whi has run from home to that precise spot after finally deciphering the meaning of her dream. Now she has a life threatening injury she has all the tools she needs to cross into that dimension and find Homer. She tells the others she has the will to cross the threshold and presumably also be able to navigate her way back.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Tue 20-Dec-16 03:44:03

Its what she has been trying to do all along but didn't know how until the final moment. She was just following her instincts.

schmack Tue 20-Dec-16 04:50:57

I've watched up to EP 4 - wtf?!

PossumInAPearTree Tue 20-Dec-16 06:29:37

Thanks dolores'that explains it well.

Fairylea Tue 20-Dec-16 06:40:07

We watched one episode and couldn't make sense of it at all. Disappointing. blush

crystalgall Tue 20-Dec-16 21:38:52

Oh god. The dancing. The interpretative dancing. I just laughed it was sooooo ridiculous. When they were curing the ALS lady. Then at the shooting. It was like a piss take!

Dontneedausername Tue 20-Dec-16 23:10:19

It started so well, then it just got weird.
Didn't enjoy it at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now