Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

'Lazarus' - sequel to Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes - anyone want to speculate?

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:33

Really excited to hear a sequel is in production and wondered if anyone wanted to speculate about content (or even if anyone has any sneaky inside info!).

What we know so far:

It's going to be set in the 1970s, the 1980s and an alternative present day.
John Simm, Philip Glenister and Dean Andrews will be in it
The settings will include London and Manchester

I am hoping it will 'complete' Gene Hunt's story and show us the ending to Sam Tyler's (because he'd already 'gone to the pub' in Ashes to Ashes but we didn't really know what he'd done to earn that).

Possibly a niche thread and fully resigned to getting no replies but dying to discuss this with someone and don't know any other fans in real life!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Noglassjustthebottleandastraw · 13/05/2022 20:37

Thanks for this thread op. Excited for this, although sad mum Durrell wont be in it. Hopefully some other people will be along soon to give us some insights.

Please
or

woodhill · 13/05/2022 20:38

Yes thanks currently watching LOM on i player

So good

Please
or

Takingabreakagain · 13/05/2022 20:40

Ooh I hadn't heard about this - I'm very much looking forward to it though. Is there an expected date of showing yet?

Please
or

Wishihadanalgorithm · 13/05/2022 20:41

Ooh I haven’t heard of this but I’m now very excited. I found the very last episode of Ashes to Ashes a bit upsetting and it has stayed with me. I hope Lazarus gives Gene Hunt’s story closure too.

Please
or

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:41

So glad I'm not the only one Grin

It doesn't sound as though Keeley Hawes is going to be in it, which is a shame, as it would be great to see Drake, Tyler and Hunt as a trio on screen.

OP's posts:
Please
or

longtompot · 13/05/2022 20:41

Exciting and thank you for the post as I had no idea about it!

Please
or

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:43

Takingabreakagain

Ooh I hadn't heard about this - I'm very much looking forward to it though. Is there an expected date of showing yet?

I haven't been able to find one though I have been googling it like mad! It's 'in production' at the moment but I'm not up on how long that usually takes.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FieryPitOfMordor · 13/05/2022 20:43

I wonder if it’s going to be Gene Hunt waking up and finding himself in the present day.

Please
or

3peassuit · 13/05/2022 20:44

Really looking forward to seeing what they do to the characters. It’s a good reason to watch LOM again so I’m up to speed.

Please
or

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:46

Though it hasn't been mentioned in the 'teasers' so far, I would love them to dip a toe into the early 1990s.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:47

3peassuit

Really looking forward to seeing what they do to the characters. It’s a good reason to watch LOM again so I’m up to speed.

Yes, I have been re-watching LOM and will follow with A2A.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AtomicBlondeRose · 13/05/2022 20:47

I wonder if it’s going to be Gene Hunt waking up and finding himself in the present day.

Ooooooh my god that’s such a good idea! I’d love to see that 😂😂😂 two minutes on Twitter and his head would explode.

Please
or

Antarcticant · 13/05/2022 20:54

Given that it's 15 years since the first series, they could even include someone from 2022 waking up in Tyler's original 2006!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Candleabra · 14/05/2022 17:22

I hadn’t heard about this. I loved LOM and A2A.
How are they going to get over the fact that the actors are all 15 years older?

Please
or

Antarcticant · 14/05/2022 19:02

I wonder if that will be explained away through a 'risen from the dead' plot - the name 'Lazarus' suggests it might be something like that.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JohannSebastianBach · 14/05/2022 19:04

I hope Shazzer and Chris will be in it too

Please
or

MichelleScarn · 14/05/2022 19:06

Am so excited!! Although also hoping the lazarus aspect is in fact they didn't all 'move on'
Am awaiting a whinge from people about OMG SPOILERS!!

Please
or

dexterslockedintheshedagain · 14/05/2022 19:09

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
I. Cannot. Wait.

Please
or

ScouseQueen · 14/05/2022 19:13

Excited, I hadn't heard about this! Shame about Keeley Hawes though. I would watch her read the phone book.

Please
or

Antarcticant · 14/05/2022 19:44

MichelleScarn

Am so excited!! Although also hoping the lazarus aspect is in fact they didn't all 'move on'
Am awaiting a whinge from people about OMG SPOILERS!!

A tiny and unrealistic part of me is hoping those involved will be looking on social media to see what the fans most hope to see in this series and incorporating it.Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

mrselizabethdarcy · 14/05/2022 22:51

I hadn't heard about this !! Fantastic! Can't wait .

Please
or

cleareyesfulhearts · 14/05/2022 23:04

JohannSebastianBach

I hope Shazzer and Chris will be in it too

@JohannSebastianBach me too! 😍

Please
or

clpsmum · 14/05/2022 23:46

Omg anyone know the expected release date. I can't wait for this

Please
or

OrangeCinnamonCroissant · 15/05/2022 08:49

I'm thinking of a 'back to the future' scenario where someone ftom the present tries to rectify what happened in the past so we will get a lot of alternative looks at scenes etc. A bit like when Sam did..ooh I dont know ...confusing myself now !

Please
or

Antarcticant · 15/05/2022 09:02

OrangeCinnamonCroissant

I'm thinking of a 'back to the future' scenario where someone ftom the present tries to rectify what happened in the past so we will get a lot of alternative looks at scenes etc. A bit like when Sam did..ooh I dont know ...confusing myself now !

The 'teaser' did say an alternative present, so maybe Sam will do a Marty Mcfly sports almanac equivalent and land us in a dystopia - perhaps a world where a horrible virus is on the loose and we have to have 'lockdowns' and wear masks ... oh, wait a minute ... Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.