Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

two weeks in

Ohnonotagen · 16/05/2014 14:04

2nd weigh in today, lost 2Ib the first week, and 2.5 this week. Really happy with that, thought i'd put on this week as had DS's party at weekend and ended up snacking on the party food, then had to have wine after the party to recover!!

I'm not finding it too bad to follow really, not had to change my food significantly except cutting out sandwiches/ toast that i used to have for lunch and cutting down on snacks.

Have about 3 and a half stone to lose but feeling positive!

OP's posts:
Please
or

eandh · 16/05/2014 19:42

I am on week too, had first weigh I last Tuesday and lost 4.5lb so really pleased but long way to go. I am missing bread but using it as my healthy option when desperate or syning it for lunch the day only a nice sandwich will do (I don't like many pastas so stick to salad, jacket spud or small sandwich for lunch) had massive headaches since starting it which I actually think is caffeine withdrawal as given up all fizzy drinks and really cut down my tea intake. Have ordered the fake away book as looks lovely ! Well done on your loss x

Please
or

Ohnonotagen · 16/05/2014 21:08

well done on your loss so far too!!

I'm on holiday this week, just hoping i don't put it all back on

OP's posts:
Please
or

EustaciaVye · 17/05/2014 08:56

eandh I had headaches for the first couple of weeks

Please
or

harrygracejessica · 17/05/2014 12:52

I'm
In my 2nd week now, lost 3lb the first week. Luckily I'm not fussed by bread and cheese so it's not too bad but need to look at chocolate to syn as in need of some!

Please
or

Poppiesway · 18/05/2014 17:32

I'm in my third week now, 4th weigh in tomorrow. 6lb down so far. This evening in really struggling and feel the need to eat something synfull such as a jam sponge and custard. I've eaten 9 syns already today!

Generally I've found it easy going till today!

Please
or

eandh · 18/05/2014 19:30

I maxed my syns ny 3pm today lol, dreading eight in Tuesday x

Please
or

stc70 · 18/05/2014 19:50

I'm on week 2, first weigh in was last Thursday -3.5 :-) but novelty is already wearing off and I'm really missing bread (and crisps, biscuits, chocolate....)
But 12 weeks to holiday is spurring me on!
I find lunches hardest, salads are so boring after a few days! What are you all doing for lunch??

Please
or

eandh · 18/05/2014 20:21

Lunch is my struggle too some days I just use my syns so I can have a sandwich (mother really fill it with salad and ham or egg) some days jacket potato (beans, tuna, prawns or SW coleslaw) and work days I have taken to going to local deli who will make a lovely fresh salad bowl with any filling and he is a customer of mine at work so always adds extra chicken or turkey for me and has the extra light reduced fat mayo I stock too! Friend I am doing it with has pasta with ham/chicken or rice and something some days. We go on holiday 11 weeks today so like you a counting down if I can lose 1-2lb a week it'll be worth it. Have you tried the SW chips they are my favourite and with the sainsburys sausages that are 1 syn I have had sausage, egg and chips with a bowl of salad on the side when I have been craving a takeaway x

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 18/05/2014 22:52

waddles back in again Blush

i start sw, lose a stone or so, lose all motive and put weight back on :(

Please
or

GrumpyMoo · 19/05/2014 13:44

Hi all Cake and hi to blondes been reading your old SW posts - desperately trying to re-engage with the diet!

My biggest struggle is getting my head around the Extra Easy thing! I'm old school SW member - greens and reds. HOW does this even work?? Blush

Please
or

GrumpyMoo · 19/05/2014 13:46

Ooops! Sorry, sorry, sorry meant to congratulate all who've lost!!! Got carried away and clicked before thinking it through!

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 19/05/2014 14:33

I start with good motives moo and then all goes tits up

I like seeing what people eat so food menus is handy

Yesterday

Bfruit - cereal
L chicken salad yog
T roast dinner no roasties as had sweet potato mash and tons of veg

Today

B fruit
L salmon pasta veg lfmayo 2

Please
or

stc70 · 19/05/2014 17:52

Today
Shredded wheat and milk (HE a&b)
Banana
Satsuma
Ham, dry fried egg and SW chips.
Jacket potato for tea with tuna and salad

Syns - slice of birthday cake ...oops - it was only small!

Please
or

Poppiesway · 19/05/2014 21:47

I lost another 1.5lb today so got my half stone certificate. But annoyed as I know it could have been better. Came home and was starving so made ds2 and I a small sponge pudding and custard.
-----------
Line drawn and back on track tomorrow

Please
or

EustaciaVye · 20/05/2014 09:36

Half a stone is great. Well done!

Please
or

eandh · 20/05/2014 13:21

2nd weigh in today and lost another 3.5lb so alb in 2 weeks, was stupidly excited as thought maybe alb loss this week! Couldn't stay to meeting today and can't for next 2 weeks either as my girls are on half term and baker day. Felt guilty though as going with friend and last week we both lost the same and this week she gained 2lb, although she has said she's felt bloated this week so am really hoping it rectifies itself for her next week x

Please
or

eandh · 20/05/2014 13:23

Todays menu
bran flakes and skimmed milk breakfast
Lunch grilled bacon, tomato, mushrooms and poached eggs
Tea tonight steak, new potatoes and large salad

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 20/05/2014 15:34

Well done eandh and poppies

B pancakes using b yog and fruit
L salmon salad yog
T quorn spag Bol with tons of veg and cheese a

Please
or

Poppiesway · 25/05/2014 17:15

How's everyone doing?
I'm sitting in my bedroom while dc play on their computers... I'm avoiding the kitchen!
Just worked 7 days in a row so am tired and in need of chocolate! If I can get through this evening and tomorrow I will be weighed in again..

Please
or

Blondeshavemorefun · 25/05/2014 17:58

lost 3 lbs friday :)

b fruit and yog
l egg ham sw chips beans/toms fruit
t chicken pasta and veg

Please
or

Poppiesway · 25/05/2014 20:50

Well done blondes :)

Think I'll have sw ham eggs and chips tomorrow, sounds good

Just searched sw recipies on Pinterest. Want to yet the weetabix cakes.. I made a scanbran cake and can't face it again!

Please
or

harrygracejessica · 27/05/2014 08:59

I've lost 6lb in 2 weeks now. Weigh in is tomorrow morning but not sure if I'll make it as have all 5 kids home and the weather is diabolical. (I don't drive)

Please
or

littlejessie · 27/05/2014 13:52

Hello everyone, please may I join in? Smile

I am only on day 2, but have dug out all my old books and recipe planners - now all I need is some peer pressure!

Yesterday I ate:
B - 35g bran flakes with fat free yoghurt and grapes
L - wholemeal pitta with tuna, spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber
T - 2 x chicken drumsticks (no skin) with beetroot, pickled onions, peas and carrots.

Today so far I've eaten:
B - 2 slices wholemeal toast (400g loaf), scrambled eggs and cooked tomato
L - wholemeal pitta with tuna, spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber
T - going out tonight so will have undressed chicken, avocado and bacon salad virtuous

Syns: 1 x caramel Rocky bar

When I did SW years ago, the EE plan didn't exist - so for starters I am just planning on sticking to the red and green days for a while until I can get to grips with it all again. EE looks much harder to understand for some reason! Is anyone doing it and managing to understand the theory?

I can remember on green days you avoid or syn for meats/proteins, and on red days you do the same for carbs, but the EE plan doesn't seem so easy to pin down?

Please
or

littlejessie · 27/05/2014 13:52

Oops! I have already started my food denial!! Today I ALSO ate a big orange and two small oranges.

Please
or

littlejessie · 27/05/2014 14:05

I should have added that I'm 11 weeks PG - so not doing this to lose weight as such. I'm 2st heavier than I was when I conceived DD, so just hoping to limit my weight gain this time, and avoid becoming a zeppelin! I like SW because you don't have to starve yourself - it's more about healthy eating and learning what works for you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.