or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Site stuff

I'm just going to apologise for tomorrow's Roundup

70 replies

morningpaper · 25/06/2009 21:29

I've REALLY buggered about with lots of your quotes

You know, for coherency mainly: you say "It" when REALLY the paragraph needs it to say "TK Maxx" or it makes no SENSE or "Her" and it REALLY must say "Your mother"

So basically I'm making it up and I'm apologising now

Hope that's okay

I'm in a rush now because there is a massive storm and the lights and flickering

OP posts:
OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:15

blimey ingles - hooray for your computers survival!

SolidGoldBrass · 25/06/2009 22:17

How about cordless phones .?
I mean, I have always quite fancied a newsworthy death but 'Woman struck by lightning through her phone while going 'Urgh urgh' at some anonymous self-gratifyer' isn;t quite what I'd envisage...

BCNS · 25/06/2009 22:18

OYBBK.. I said that to MP earlier.. that I wondered if you could actually get zapped on the throne?

I Peed quite quickly earlier.. just in case.. didn't want this face!

OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:21

BCNS I don't think you can. Leaning against the radiator you are earthed. I think that having a wee, theres no actual circuit. Doesnt stop me from being a bit ascared though!

LundyBancroftatemyhusband · 25/06/2009 22:23

A whole omelette? No way

You are still alive too!

OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:24

SGB. I think you should be fine.
I think there was a shower incident a couple of years ago, but I'd have to dig out my journals and I can't be arsed!

OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:30

ok, have just had a glance, its from 2 years ago, There was a shower incident.

SolidGoldBrass · 25/06/2009 22:30

BCNS: Sooooo.... this omelette. Come on, how?

BCNS · 25/06/2009 22:35

OYBBK tis the pieps you know. so in theory you could get zapped on the lo.. IMO

it wasn't a whole omlette.. just a bit.. I was mid swallow whn ds1 made me laugh! and it shot up.. and stuck fast ! the dry roast peanuts i was eating whilst getting tips on removal from MNers.. made me sneaze.. and thus ended the omlette issue.

OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:43

Well, if you don't touch anything while weeing (and maybe lift your feet off the ground) to be extra sure, then there shouldnt be a circuit for it to go through.

Def don't wee while holding on to a radiator

OhYouBadBadKitten · 25/06/2009 22:47

oh bugger. After discussion with dh, we've decided I might be talking bollocks. We don't think you need to be grounded to get a shock while weeing.

oh dear.

BCNS · 26/06/2009 09:52

well OYBBK.. you should have been here last night.. it was really wild ! storms were amaizing.. well until the early hours when I got a bit sick of being woken up with the loudest thunder going. ! LOL

those pooor people in glastonbury! would not want to be there in a tent!

morningpaper · 26/06/2009 09:56

BCNS My thoughts exactly

It was like an EARTHQUAKE here. I couldn't believe the noise. I was scared and I was surrounded by brick! Glastonbury must be horrenduos this morning.

OP posts:
BCNS · 26/06/2009 12:14

Mp I saw the local news where they were taking to glastonbury goers about micheal jacksons death.. in the background you could see the mud! poor things.

ah well what do you expect when you hold glastonbury the same week as wimbledon.. bound to be wet! LOL

OhYouBadBadKitten · 26/06/2009 13:00

Very cool BCNS
W've had nothing. Poor glastonbury people, not a nice place to be I expect.

MIAonline · 26/06/2009 13:13

Cliff Richard might just take it upon himself to wander over to Glastonbury, as its wimbledon week. Am sure the festival goers would love a bit of cliff

Is there a kind of badge of honour for being in the round up. Do you get a MN sticker?

LundyBancroftatemyhusband · 26/06/2009 13:33

Oh MP thankyou for using the hat thread...I don't think I've ever been in the roundup!

AnnMumsnet · 26/06/2009 13:41

hope all of you guys enjoying the round up are also doing our lovely, very quick survey on technology which was advertised on the roundup?

OhYouBadBadKitten · 26/06/2009 15:04

sob. am never famous.

differentID · 26/06/2009 20:00

we'll just have to work on it for next week Kitten!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.