My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Parenting a preteen can be a minefield. Find support here.

Preteens

11 year old Dd has a moustache 😩

53 replies

MummyCool19 · 12/05/2019 18:40

Iv notice it the past month or so. At first I thought it was dirt (😂🤷🏻‍♀️) but it’s not. It’s quite dark, and definitely visible. Not commented on it, just worried about when she goes high school.

Do I leave her until she notices it? And if she does what do I do if it bothers her?

OP posts:
WantedAChatterbox · 12/05/2019 22:12

Don't wax! It can cause a dark pigmentation if she goes out in the sun which looks like a full moustache- threading is the answer
She may not have mentioned it through embarrassment or because she doesn't think you will help her, can you broach it first? Better you than some bully at school

TheSmallAssassin · 12/05/2019 22:23

I would wait for her to bring it up. She might not even care. If you bring it up it makes it a thing and you're just passing on the burden that women and girls have to look a certain way. I would leave doing anything as long as possible. Where do you think other children get the idea that it's something to pick on? (Clue: It's from us adults)

MummyBear2352 · 18/05/2019 09:00

Hi, I remember having slight upper lip hair, around the same age as your daughter. It used to really bother me, so eventually I persuaded my mum to buy me hair removal cream(Nair). The only downside is the up keep, but if your daughter isn't bothered or hasn't noticed it I'd leave it for as long as possible.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.