My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

What were your physical experiences of miscarriage?...

33 replies

EdieMcredie · 06/01/2007 18:29

I have severe back pain that has been going on for 3 days. My last mc was pretty insigificant (it was a missed miscarriage)and im currently about four weeks. Would it be this painful?

OP posts:
lizziemun · 06/01/2007 21:07

I had a miscarriage last June i was about 10weeks, i had no pain or cramps i only had bleeding for about 3 weeks.

hth

MerlinsBeard · 06/01/2007 21:14

i had a missed miscarriage. was 10 weeks but baby had died at 6. At 9 weeks i started bleedinglightly and by the end of that week it was quite red, no pain just achy. When i finally got a scan they were unsure but that night i lost A LOT of products and the pain was similar to early labour. Was doubled up at one point, that pain lasted about 2 days and then lessened to quite bad period cramps for a week or so after that, i bled for a long time - 5 weeks but had products left.

Had a shite experience with the epu and was told to leave everything to happen naturaly.

sorry if thats tmi and a bit clinical sounding, i still fiond it hard to talkabout

ScoobyDooooo · 06/01/2007 21:21

I had a mc at 5.5 weeks & i had no pain just blood & clots & all my pregnancy symptoms went.

HTH

EdieMcredie · 06/01/2007 21:30

Thanks everyone. MOM thanks, sounds awful what you went through but again thanks for sharing.

Back pain gone now I think so fingers crossed for my scan...

OP posts:
cazzybabs · 06/01/2007 21:58

No pain expect for a couple of hours on second day when it was very painful and I passed things and bleed everywhere.

DD1ofcolandgerry · 08/01/2007 15:52

EdieMcredie, I miscarried in sept and had backache, but accompanied with severe cramps and eventual bleeding.

I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and have been having severe back pain from just before my af was due. My obstetrician has told me its due to the hormone progesterone causing my ligaments to relax in preparation for a growing bump. The bummer is you are only allowed paracetamol or cocodamol, but a hot water bottle works wonders.

hope this helps

dd1

EdieMcredie · 08/01/2007 16:37

Thankyou thats very reassuring. It hasn't been back, just the odd slight twinge. I do suffer from back troubles anyway so I guess that can't have helped. Having scan on Friday although no heartbeat will be able to be detected anyway so I don't know how reassuring it will be!!

OP posts:
MerlinsBeard · 09/01/2007 12:58

wondering how u are doing?

EdieMcredie · 09/01/2007 14:16

Thankyou MOM.

My back ache came back last night but now im trying not to worry about it loads as I think it may just be a sore back. I can't work out why it would be painful if it was a mc, as it's not like im bleeding or anything. Anyway, I hope and pray that it will be good news on Friday-if they see anything at all this early on!!

OP posts:
LRWG · 09/01/2007 16:02

Fingers crossed for you. I am sure everything is fine and you just have a bad back (as if that's not bad enough )

Take care of yourself!

Pinkchampagne · 09/01/2007 16:16

I had an early miscarriage some years back. I was only around 5 weeks pregnant (had only just found out), but I was unlucky & experienced severe pain while going through it, to the point I didn't know what to do with myself.
It seems that I am in the minority though, as most people don't seem to report this degree of pain during early miscarriage.
With both of my healthy pregnancies I experienced some period type cramps, but nothing severe. I was told this was common & normal.
Hopefully the discomfort you describe is just some of the normal aches & pains associated with early pregnancy.
Good luck with the scan - I hope all goes well.

Flossam · 09/01/2007 18:28

I was lucky I had an early (5 week) m/c. At the same point again now and have been driving myself crazy all afternoon. My tummy feels crampy, more so than it has been and I had the tiniest little spot of blood a few hours ago. I feel like it might all be over again, and praying that I am wrong.

Flossam · 09/01/2007 18:29

Sorry I meant to actually be useful there - my M/c was probably less painful than a usual period.

misspinkcat · 09/01/2007 18:29

I had really bad ligament pain in the first few months of each pg. ALways thogh i was m/c. But wasn't.

FioFio · 09/01/2007 18:31

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

misspinkcat · 09/01/2007 18:34

liver?

Pinkchampagne · 09/01/2007 18:37

Big clots that resemble bits of liver, I think. I had that too.

Pinkchampagne · 09/01/2007 18:40

Sorry if that's TMI, but you did ask!

EdieMcredie · 09/01/2007 20:50

Trust me no need for TMI here-im a nurse.

Oh god Flossam I hope you are ok-how are you feeling now?

OP posts:
Flossam · 11/01/2007 07:16

Hi EM. I seem to be ok. Still got a nagging doubt and frequent panics but no bleeding and the cramps were much better yesterday. I'm a nurse too and I survived a 12.5 hr shift! Just going to try and take it easy again today. I've seen you are on the 'due in' thread. When I'm feeling a bit more settled with everything I will join you over there hopefully! Will look forward to chatting to you. Has your back pain eased off now?

EdieMcredie · 11/01/2007 09:34

Surely a good sign with so little bleeding? Im in constant pain/discomfort in various places-just going to try and forget about it now until scan tomorrow which ive slowly come to realise is not going to tell me bugger all!!!

Back is OK, keeps clicking though which is bad at night as my mattress isn't hard enough but I used to get this before being pg so doesn't bother me.

My most annoying symptom ATM is that if I sit on a hard chair (for PC, for instance) then my pelvic floor starts to ache...how weird...

Looking forward to you coming over to Sep thread.

OP posts:
Flossam · 11/01/2007 10:02

TBH, I think the bleed was perhaps more down to the frequent wiping I have been doing down there. I wee, wipe, wipe again just to check and on Monday was so convinced I was bleeding I was wiping and checking in between wees... I was two little pin pricks, nothing more. The whole missed misscariage thing is whirling around in my mind. How did you go about getting a scan? How many weeks are you?

EdieMcredie · 11/01/2007 10:08

Oh my god tell me about it. It's hell. I had a missed mc too.

Got my scan basically because my GP pushed for it despite me not meeting the criteria at the EPAU. I had backache but no cramps or bleeding. It's good but at 5 weeks it won't tell me much-obviously far too early to see a heartbeat. I guess if things are very wrong then they will see but I kind of feel more positive now just because every day I feel a bit more pg.

Am scared about miscarriage though-beyond belief. xx

OP posts:
Flossam · 11/01/2007 11:13

I mainly worrying about that because I felt more sick I think on Monday than I do now. I do have horrid taste in mouth and slight nausea but not a lot else, other than cramps. I think I might go to Gps in a few weeks if all is well and try and plead anxiety for a scan - I don't think I'm a good enough lier to pull off about dates! If not I think I will have to go against everything I have ever said about the private sector and fork out for a pivate scan - provided our boiler holds out... . I was in london when pregnant with DS, and had a 12 week scan. Only the 20 week one here and it feels too long a wait!

Well I really hope all goes well for you at your scan tomorrow - I suppose even if nothing is shown they will still get you back in a couple of weeks to check things have developed? I'm sure it will be fine, all sorts of pains are perfectly normal in pregnancy. I remember having them with DS. Let us know how you get on?

EdieMcredie · 11/01/2007 11:55

Oh my god you can't wait til 20 weeks to have a scan!! Thats terrible. I probably would have had three by then as tomorrow won't tell them enough-they will ask me back week or two later, then I have my dating one 19th Feb. You have to tell them that because of your mc you feel very anxious. 20 weeks is a long time to go.

As for the sickness-I really wouldn't worry as it does come and go. I haven't had any yet but my boobs are very sore.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.