My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

The top 12 kids presents... are you buying any of these?

57 replies

FrankAwenstein · 11/10/2007 11:35

Just looked at this article and tbh am not hugely taken with any of the toys for ds. THe dragonfly looks cool but after buying roboreptile and also dalek the play value is limited. The Optimus Prime is also ok, but again there are so many transformers toys and ds already has loads.

the article

in pictures

OP posts:
ChippyMinton · 11/10/2007 11:40

No

To be fair, DD already has a baby annabel, but i can't see any interest in anything else on that list. We will be getting playmobil/lego/hornby for the boys and DD wants hairstyling head.

cherrycake · 11/10/2007 11:43

Not for us thanks.
But have no idea what they DO want!

PeachyFleshCrawlingWithBugs · 11/10/2007 11:44

Ds1 wants the dragonfly but ahs been told no after destroying similar on many occasions. None of the rest particualrly appeals- all the sort of thing that gets dumped in the corner of the playroom after a day.

wheelsonthebus · 11/10/2007 11:45

no - dd also has a baby annabel. and this yr she is getting a good old fashioned bike. i want toys that get my kids outside and fitter.

PeachyFleshCrawlingWithBugs · 11/10/2007 11:46

Oh we do already have an iggle though- ds3 is obsessed with the bleedin night agrden!

foxinsocks · 11/10/2007 11:46

Why does the Ood mask make you speak like a Dalek? It looks good though. Mine are a bit Ood obsessed.

I'll have money on that Barbie thing running out of stock (dd likes the look of that grrr - it also connects to the website and has special codes for playing games, so dd informs me).

FrankAwenstein · 11/10/2007 11:51

not an ood mask, is the human/dalek hybrid. I do think the toys listed really are mostly leave in the corner ones. Prob getting nintendo ds this year.

OP posts:
IdrisTheDragon · 11/10/2007 11:53

No .

bozza · 11/10/2007 11:55

Nothing very exciting there. DS might get something on the transformer front I suppose.

MissusH · 11/10/2007 11:55

Nope - dd wants the RC Rollerskating Barbie thing, The Fur Real Cat and a Horrible Science Disgusting Digestion (sp?) experiment kit - at least that is educational and gross!

BettyBatShapedSpaghetti · 11/10/2007 11:57

I think my friend is buying DD the Bindeez thing as her daughter has it and loves it so she thought it would be a hit with my DD

foxinsocks · 11/10/2007 11:57

aaaah (reminds self to wear glasses when on the computer )

ds has a birthday before Christmas so I do need to start thinking about presents really. We have said he can have a nintendo for his birthday (both Amazon and Argos have good deals on at the moment where you get a free game and/or accessory pack with it).

LittleBella · 11/10/2007 12:01

No
DD already has an Annabel

Callisto · 11/10/2007 13:07

All looks like tat to me, and probably all made in China using child/slave labour.

TotalChaos · 11/10/2007 13:12

Peachy - DS loves night garden too . If only the songs were a little more educational. "Um oo agga pang" is not the most useful vocabulary really. Not paying £30 odd quid for an iggle piggle though - I want to try and crochet him a big one instead.

I am actually vaguely tempted by the baby annabel turning head doll - as I think it would be useful for DS, as his eye contact isn't good, and it can sometimes be difficult to attract his attention.

Hulababy · 11/10/2007 13:21

Will no doubt be looking at the Barbie style MP3 at some point in next year or so!

Anyone got the Art Bindeez things - DD mentioned these before but never seen them in the flesh so to speak.

Already have a Baby Annabel, but mark 2 version from a few years back.

foxinsocks · 11/10/2007 13:24

someone gave dd a bindeez thing for her birthday

I keep finding loads of the blasted ball bits all over the place grrr

(ds loves the night garden and he's almost 6! He loves iggle piggle!)

UnquietDad · 11/10/2007 13:25

Barbie mp3 is tacky. Why does everything have ti be tied into something like this?

The Dalek Sec mask is based on probably the worst monster prop-head to come out of "Doctor Who" since it came back. Even the producer hated it and was on record as saying it "looked like a bloody hat."

And how does that "puppy" GROW exactly? That's just... weird. Does he shit on the floor, sniff round visitors' crotches and die after a few years as well?

NAB3 · 11/10/2007 13:28

Don't have a clue what any of the toys are as the computer is sooooooooooooo slow loading and I got bored waiting.

FrankAwenstein · 11/10/2007 13:41

the turning head doll just makes me think of Chucky

OP posts:
TotalChaos · 11/10/2007 13:42

hmmm, chucky isn't really the most appropriate role model for DS for communication and behaviour then Awen

Marne · 11/10/2007 13:45

NAB3-Me too, taking to long to load

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

FrankAwenstein · 11/10/2007 13:47

prob not total chaos.

OP posts:
Charlee · 11/10/2007 13:49

Really, really.......... not!

TrinityRhino · 11/10/2007 13:53

not buying any of them
we have 2 annabels and the head turning one wouln't make my kids want it

the dragonfly is the only thing that I think would be good but neither of my kis want it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.