My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Tuesday FLY - Hello Ruby Tuesday who could hang a name on you?

75 replies

TheMadHouse · 08/07/2008 01:03

Well morning my fly ladies

Ruby Spill

Hey - guess what the following have in common

Ashley Cole
Sarah Beenie
John Prescott?

mission

babysteps day 8

OP posts:
TheMadHouse · 08/07/2008 01:09

I am up, as DS1 has wet the bed - he is chestey and coughing loads again. So washer is on, bed is part changed, he has had puff, puff and is back asleep, but me well I am trying the MN and hot milk insomnia cure

I think that DS2s spots are all crusted over (checked in the bath last night), so I am going to take them both to playgroup this morning. I think that they need some excercise.

I am also happy, as I managed to make my hospital appointmnet with the plastic surgeon on Thursday later, so I can attend DS1s first pre school concert

OP posts:
Jas · 08/07/2008 06:51

Morng
I hope you got back to sleep tmh, but everythig else sounds quite positive. Have a nice morning out.

C'mon Ruby.....
I need to know now!

Glad you had a good birthday babyjj

I wil be back later and need to sort this place out again today, so may have to do a list.

RubyRioja · 08/07/2008 07:35

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EustaciaVye · 08/07/2008 08:03

Morning Guys,

All of my Tuesdays are Ruby Tuesdays now Who asked for a discount then?

Bad few days. But bro and sil coming today which I'm looking forward to. Spare room blitzed, now in midst of morning routine.

Have a good day all.

scattyspice · 08/07/2008 08:24

Mornin all.

Hey Ruby, rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous eh? (sort of).

Mornin stuff done. BBL

RubyRioja · 08/07/2008 08:29

babyjjbaby · 08/07/2008 08:31

hi everyone i am shattered want to go back to bed i need to go to the postoffice and send my contract phone back and am gonna walk the dogs and clean up again was going to have a rest today but ma has got a bloke coming at 2pm to see what can be done to the house to save money like insulation and stuff so bang goes my day of rest cos i can't have the weekends of not doing anything so try to have a make do day in the week lol

babyjjbaby · 08/07/2008 08:43

quick question do u put make up on every day even if u r not going out or nopt planning on anyway i don't useally where make up but wore it yesterday and felt real good but it takes me ages to put it on eyeliner mascara eyeshadow and lippy just wondered what everyone else does

kiltycoldbum · 08/07/2008 08:47

lol tmh i have to read the book of that every night and sing it to my daughter about 20 times a day she loves it, though i like to think my animated style has something to do with it! hope you managed to get back to bed!

Hope you had a lovely bday babyjj and good morning jas eustacia ruby and scatty and anyone else i may miss!

Well im gonna get the children out of bed can you believe it! What a lie in ive had this morning which was ab fab and needed due to feeling rather rough, though my head feels clearer at the mo!

Well, am gonna check out todays mission then will be back on later to let you all know probably how little ive done!

Have a good day all!

TheMadHouse · 08/07/2008 08:58

Morning again - guess what - sleep is for the weak. DS1 was coughing far ro much. I am hoping that we dont have to resort to the pred again.

BabyJ No make up here, I just cleans, tone and mosturise. I only wear make up if going out somewhere special. I have never really wore it.

Ruby oh the mad world of bathrooms eh Discount was it ashley?

EV Whats the matter guru, glad that family are coming to make it all better

Jas and Scatty waves

Bainca and Loopy where are you - I am missing you. You too EHM who I will e-mail next

Well off to feed the boys and then back up to remake DS1's bed

OP posts:
12345678910 · 08/07/2008 09:02

hi everyone

my list today

kids up (done)
breakfast (doing)
coffee for me (done)
iron pile of pjs for kids( doing)

to do

make beds
shower kids
dishes
hoover and mop downstairs

littlemissloopy · 08/07/2008 09:15

Morning all

I'm here TMH thanks for missing me
I had a very busy day yesterday, not doing very much in particular really but didn't get a chance to post.

I am just about to hop in the bath, I have the dentist this morning [EEEEKKKK] [EEEEKKKK] [EEEEKKKK}
I was fine until this morning and now I'm getting palpatations and sweaty palms!
EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

(I have been making that noise all morning to myself! LOL)

I am not looking forward to the drive home with a hole in my gum and a numb mouth

Anyway...I had better go bathe and do my hair...

Catch you guys later xx

rowingboat · 08/07/2008 10:36

Good Morning peeps (showing my age there, remember Stavros?)
Bjbaby - I was wondering about make up as well, because I don't wear much, but I like to take time to put it on nicely. Yesterday I began to think I would have saved time if I had put on my make up earlier because I was having trouble getting my child out of the house and whilst I hurriedly put on make up he took off his socks and lost them. So I thought if I had been ready I might have been able to get out quicker. So I think today I will put on concealer and this other cool stuff, I bought from Superdrug: lip and cheek tint - it doesn't shift at all, so you can just put lip gloss over if you go out.
I will have to go back and check which day I am on, I think it is day nine. Yesterday was 15 minute declutter (oo spell check doesn't like that word ) which I didn't read until last night, so will try today. It's quite long-winded, I hope I can remember it. Printer is out of ink as well. drat!
Also now have a control journal - is that the correct name? With my routines inside.

SirCharlieStinkySocks · 08/07/2008 10:51

Morning all

Ruby Ooh I bet it was Ashley that asked for discount, he's very up himself.

TMH Hope you got some sleep, hugs coming your way

babyjj Hope you had a lovely birthday

Littlemissloopy Good luck at the dentist later I'm sure you'll be fine

Hope I haven't missed anyone

I have to say I always wear makeup even if it's a scrape of foundation and some mascara.

Well I was awoken at 5 by the soft sound of a 3 year old from the bathroom 'Mammy can you wipe my bottom...' after which I could not sleep so have actually managed to get up on time today!!!

Anyway so far done

Beds aired
Brekkie dishes done
Washing out on line
ds 2 has had pre-school booster jabs (he was a brave boy)
Tesco run for bread plus have bought school uniform ready for Sept as they have a 3 for 2 on at the moment

To do
Find remaining spider in the cupboard after 1st one met a grisly end in the Dyson
Make beds
Prep swimming lesson gear
1 hr gardening and put up fencing
Try out new heat gun to strip paint I love power tools!!!
S& S bathroom

Catch you all later

babyjjbaby · 08/07/2008 10:59

well i need a good push i haven't done anything just been sitting down all day i am so tured i want to go to bed but nothings going to do itself in the house is it i am not even dressed yet

Jas · 08/07/2008 11:05

I'm back and ready to FLY

babyjj No make up since I was a goth and that really is showing my age!
I don't ow any make up at all, but I do get my eyelashes dyed black. Well worth it, and really makes a difference.

LML - Good luck at the dentist. Is this the tooth extraction?

Bianca / TMH I got the emailed stuff, but my computer won't open it.I will forward it to my mums comp and print it off when I visit next.

I will go and get my morning routine finished, then come back with a list...

rowingboat · 08/07/2008 11:06

Got my first DVDs from Lovefilm today, and some Ebay, so everything has ground to a halt.
If anyone wants a £10 Next voucher, you can get one if you do a 30 day free trial through Bounty. I signed up on Saturday, but no voucher yet - hope there's a sale at Next!!
Right off to do reminders and my 15 minute declutter will be a cupboard in the sitting room full of toys, which fall on you when you open the door!
We are off to see if there are any Wall-e tickets left for next Sunday, fingers crossed.

Jas · 08/07/2008 11:26

Morning
1 Make bed done
2 Washing machine done
3 Breakfast INCLUDING ME done
4 Wash up/shine sink
5 Wipe table/high chair done
6 Clear surfaces
8 What's for tea?
9 Sweep the kitchen floor done
10 Swish and swipe
Afternoon
11 15 min declutter
12 mission
13 Where's the washing?
14 2 min hotspot
Monday
Bathroom
Mirrors
Mop kitchen
Clean wheelie bin done
Tuesday
Vacuum upstairs
30 min zone clean
Plus
Ring bank done
Ring tax credits
Hoover downstairs
Fish tank
Clean store cupboard in kitchen
Sort out dd2s wardrobe
Tidy dd2/ds room
Change dc beds

kiltycoldbum · 08/07/2008 11:50

right so far i have
breakfasts eaten and washed up done
bottles washed and sterilised done
front room hoovered thoroughly done
kitchen hoovered done
1/2 hr declutter of play area done
stairs hoovered done
fireplace swept out done
log basket refilled done
load of washing on done

to do
s+s toilet/broom
tidy dds bedroom
hoover upstairs
clean tv screens
swift polish of house

then go to shops later for mums bday card an flowers.
oh an the mission is done as well

bbl x

scattyspice · 08/07/2008 12:37

Hi again.
I wear make up most days (go to work every day) except Sun. I wear foundation (have lots of dark patchs on skin), blusher and Avon lip balm (Rose colour) and mascara (have thought of eyelash tint jas how often do you do it?). However i don't do it properly as Dh thought I never wore make up lol.

Whats lovefilms Rowboat (is it naughty?)

To do:
dusting
read with DS
Tel Mum
laundry

Newsflash DS has eaten breakfast (Cheerios) for the first time in his nearly 5yrs yesterday and today. I think we are moving forward lol.

Jas · 08/07/2008 12:38

Good job Kilty.

I've just hug out washing in the rain I'm hoping the shower will blow over and it will still dry (very light stuff,willdry quickly in this wind if the ran would just stop for a bit.
Morning
4 Wash up/shine sink done
6 Clear surfaces
8 What's for tea? done
10 Swish and swipe
Afternoon
11 15 min declutter
12 mission
13 Where's the washing?... All hung out, and dry stuff put away
14 2 min hotspot
Monday
Bathroom
Tuesday
Vacuum upstairs
30 min zone clean
Plus
Ring tax credits
Hoover downstairs
Fish tank
Clean store cupboard in kitchen
Sort out dd2s wardrobe started Just the huge pile of socks to sort out. We are getting to the stage whee dd socks and mine are all the same size.
Tidy dd2/ds room
Change dc beds
Mirrors
Mop kitchen done

Jas · 08/07/2008 12:41

scatty - Surely if youur dhcan't tell you are wearing makeup, that means you are doing a really good job!
Eyelash tint lasts me about 6 weeks, but I have slow growing lashes. I can't wear mascara as it really irritates my eyes, but the tint has never bothered them.

EustaciaVye · 08/07/2008 12:49

sorry havent read thread. bro and sil now not coming due to death in her family

Back soon. Hope all well.

scattyspice · 08/07/2008 12:58

EV.
Jas do you tint your own or get them done? (NB not doing a good job DH thinks I'm about 58 lol)

RubyRioja · 08/07/2008 12:58

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.