My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Its the weekend FLY

64 replies

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 08:42

Morning

OP posts:
BiancaCastafiore · 10/05/2008 08:46

Morning Luda

How was last night? Hope you had fun.

I've been working all week (typical when the weather has been so gorgeous!) and have to work again today

No FLYing what-so-ever but I hope to catch up again next week.

Hope everyone is well, I haven't caught up - will try to have a read through this evening if I get the chance.

bye for now x

EHM · 10/05/2008 08:53

MOrning ALL

ludathanks for the thread, you are up early for some one who was on the lash last night, or did you not go to bed
bianca nice to see you.Hope work is ok today.

I've cleaned the BBQ this morning, and hung out 1 load of washing. another in wm. I am having my haircut this morning & legs/underarms & eyebrows waxed too.

Hope all is well with you & your lo's sorry for the lack on personal messages today.x.x

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 08:54

Feeling very fragile this morning! I did my famous trick of getting waaaaay to drunk before we even left the house! Any memory of the first half of the evening is therefore quite sketchy....I ate a hot dog at some point, and was then very ill but then sobered up completely, so the second half of the evening was better (except my feet were absolutely killing me and once sober I felt the pain!)
My 2 friends didn't fair much better....we must have looked sooo queer.

The sugarbabes didn't turn up, but they gave £10 of drink tokens out as an apology.
The vengaboys were good! Goldie lookin chain were just very noisy LOL
Bjorn again were good, but my feet ached so much I couldn't dance any more!

Up at 7am this morning, as DH is marshalling a rally all day today.

Washing galore, have to do the beds today. DD1 was sick last night in my absense so DH obviously just did what needed doing but left a pile of towels and pyjamas for me to deal with

OP posts:
Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 08:56

Oh x-posts EHM and Bianca Morning

OP posts:
Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 09:00

Have a good day at work bianca EHM have a good time at the hairdressers.....I need a good eyebrow wax too. I hate plucking them.

OP posts:
FunkyGlassSlipper · 10/05/2008 09:01

Sounds like great fun Luda

DH gone on holiday until late Tuesday night so I hope to get house sorted quite a bit. Hopefully the girls will let me. Still cant go out as DD1s spots still havent all scabbed over. I do hope to send her back to pre-school on Monday though to get some semblance of routine back into things.

TheMadHouse · 10/05/2008 09:54

Good morning all

The sun is shining and all is fine with the world

FGS I hope the shops scab ASAP
Luda Glad you enjoyed the night out - Sorry about the pile though
Bainca Pants about the working
EHM Underarms - urggggggggggggg. I tried, but was way to painful for me to bear

I had a lovley lie in and a nice peaceful shower. We are going to buy carrot seeds and enjoy the garden today

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 10:08

FGS It was fun, but I'm paying for it now, my feet are still killing me, and my head is rather fuzzy!
Hope the last of the spots heal over soon.

TMH Good luck with your carrot planting
Pile of washing is slowly going....yuck!

OP posts:
TheMadHouse · 10/05/2008 10:10

Luda I had got some, but can not for the life of me find tham, I know as soon as we buy some I will find the others

I caught DS2 eating the pea seeds yesterday

RubyRioja · 10/05/2008 11:23

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 11:46

TMH that's always the way! Sod's law!

Ruby Your DD sounds like my DH!
Maybe it is a phase she is going through....how old is she?

I am just trying to work myself up to change all the beds....I cannot be bothered!!! Has to be done though.....

OP posts:
Jas · 10/05/2008 11:59

Morning

Luda - Glad you enjoyed your night out No sympathy for fuzzy head and sore feet....it is the price you pay for a good night out!

Ruby - you dd sounds like most of the girls I kno tbh I'm hoping it is a phase, too.

Lol @ TMH hoping the shops scab soon You will find those seeds within 2 hours of buying the new ones...it always happens that way.

Bianca - Good to see you back.
I hope you get some sunshine time later today.

EHM - Enjoy your beautifying No waxing of underarms is happening here....to painful!

FGS - Fingers crossed for the last few scabs over the weekend.

Well it is ovel here, and dd1 has go friends coming for tea later.
DP has taken all 3 out to try and get some crocs for ds....just rang to say they don't have his size in stock

I'm still trying to sort out the kids room, and have discovered that both paddling pools appear to have disappeared

RubyRioja · 10/05/2008 12:38

Jas · 10/05/2008 12:42

Hormones.

Something definitely happes to 8yr old girls! (DD1 is almost 9, dd2 is almost 8)

RubyRioja · 10/05/2008 12:47

Nutsaboutchocolate · 10/05/2008 12:56

Hiya All

We have been busy here this morning.

EHM I cleaned our BBQ this morning. We are hoping to have a small BBQ later for tea.

Bianca My xp2 used to moan about having to work in the week when the weather was great but when he was home at weekends it would either be raining or cloudy. On good weekends he said it always seemed he had to work indoors.

RR When you say DD is ok as long as she is getting her own way is just like DS1 can be. Then it went down hill from there are even when he could do "whatever" he wanted he would still kick off. We could not win. He is much better now as long as he takes his meds.

Jas I find when I try and get shoes for DS2 that they dont have his size in stock and end up having to wait for stock to come in. The "Borrowers* have the padding pools. I cant find our air pump. I know its here somewhere as we used it at Christmas time to blow up an air bed. I put it somewhere safe. So safe I dont remember where it is.

I better get some lunch ready. DC are all happy outside playing. It nearly seems a shame to call them in for lunch.

BBL HN xxx

FunkyGlassSlipper · 10/05/2008 13:11

Hi everyone,

DD and I managed to make some jam tarts this morning. We had run out of nearly everything and she was hungry . Supermarket shop just delivered and put away. We've just watched Gladiators, Takeshi's castle and are now watching Raven. I am trying to distract her from going outside as it is too hot and her scabs mean I cant get sun cream on her.

DD2 is alseep. Not sure what I'm going to do with them this afternoon, but I have promised DD1 she can stay up and watch Britain's got talent with me tonight.She saw it last week when ill and really like it. I promise I do more than watch tv with DD1....

FunkyGlassSlipper · 10/05/2008 13:13

Ruby - a friend told me a while ago that 2-3 times a year her daughter has a 3-4 week patch of 'awfulness'. Where she is sulky, rude, angry etc. Just as you begin to think that you woulkd win "worst parent of the year" they snap out of it. I have found this with DD1. And it makes me feel much better to know that a) it will pass and b) it is not my fault.

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 13:18

ruby I would love a zip up diary thingy!(I am a real stationary freak!) If its going spare

I have all the joys of 8 years to come...6 years is bad enough!!!

OP posts:
RubyRioja · 10/05/2008 13:18

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 13:19

Forgot to mention that I have the organised mum diary so the case would be great

OP posts:
Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 14:27

Well the beds are all changed, lots of washing to do! Line is full so will have to wait for this load to dry before I can put sheets out.

DD1 is asleep on the sofa, DS is not far off asleep....says he has stomach ache DD2 is full of beans and is following me around chatting in my ear beacause she hasn't got the other two to occupy her!

OP posts:
Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 14:28

Oooooh um..... raspberry I think...nice and cheerful

OP posts:
TheMadHouse · 10/05/2008 14:38

Ruby I have the raspbery one. Not so keen on the life book - to big, but love my calender.

jas what size is he. I can look here and post, I got DS1s off a web site. I will try and remember which one - it was really prompt delivery and cheaper than the shops at the time.

erm forgot everything else - pants.

Ludaloo · 10/05/2008 14:54

Just put about two weeks worth of washing away! It was taking over the bedroom.

DS has now fallen asleep too, neither of them must be very well

It is really quiet, a lovely summers day feel to today....lawn mowers going in the distance and the birds are chirping.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.