My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

tuesdays fly

77 replies

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 06:49

good morning everyone. looks like it could be another nice day here- i hope so.

OP posts:
dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 06:51

mission ENJOY

OP posts:
dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 07:02

TOday i need to

make lunches done
get dc fed and dressed
get myself dressed half done
wash up
tidy Done
hoover
dust
S&S bathroom
make lunches done
ironing
mission not done but don't have any hot spots to clear today so DONE
declutter

am off to meet a uni friend this morning for a drink and a natter discussion of our assignments

OP posts:
babyjjbaby · 01/04/2008 07:48

hiya i got lot to need today going to start a very small list

to do
get dressed
get baby fed and watered
me fed
doctors at half 8
then i will attempt to clean up lol

sagacious · 01/04/2008 07:53

Morning all !

Well we have a leaking loo, no water and no heating (this has been since Saturday)

Plumber coming this morning (from 9am)
Sainsbury delivery this morning (from 10.00)
Valuer coming this morning (currently remortgaging) (from 10am)

What are the odds on them all turning up at once ???

Back later with hopefully heat and foot and a saleable house !

sagacious · 01/04/2008 07:53

foot = food

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 08:03

morning saga and babyjj saga thats a lot of people to fit into a short time

updated list;
make lunches done
get dc fed and dressed ds done dd still eating
get myself dressed done
wash up done
tidy Done
hoover done
dust done
S&S bathroom done
make lunches done
ironing done
mission not done but don't have any hot spots to clear today so DONE
declutter

so just need to convince dd to get dressed as we have to leave in 10 mins.
will declutter this afternoon when get home,
have a good day all

OP posts:
RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 08:13

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunkyGoldStar · 01/04/2008 08:30

Hi Guys,

I am fine. Op was meant to be a day case but I ended up staying overnight due to a bad reaction to the morphine (my blood pressure dropped too much). I'm at home now. I can weight bear a bit but cant bend it. The ended up doing arthroscopy, ITB release and shaved the patella. Sounds very technical but hopefully after 3 weeks on crutches and lots of physio I may be in better shape.

Poor DH. DD1 was sick on Friday night, DD2 on Saturday night, and he was ill Sunday night. Thankfully MIL is here and helping lots, but she goes tonight...

Ludaloo · 01/04/2008 08:48

Happy April Fools Everyone

Can't believe we are into April!

Weather not looking particularly good here.

DD1 is going to our neighbour for a sleep over tonight, and is already up and dressed, with a packed rucksack on her back (she will be driving me mad all day waiting to go!)

DS has announced he is having a sleepover with DD2...so that's good...all are happy

DD1's other top tooth came out yesterday. She now has 2 bottom teeth and 2 top teeth gone.....she does look funny! (not that I'd tell her that, she seems quite perplexed at her gap!)

Well I had better get on....

Ludaloo · 01/04/2008 08:50

Oh x-posts FGS Lovely to have you back!

I'm so glad you are back and well. Sounds a bit scary though! I hope you make a speedy recovery xxx
Your poor DH....its typical isn't it! Hope all the sickies get better quickly too.
Its good you have help

BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 09:31

Morning

FGS good to hgave you back, glad op didn't go too badly. Your poor dh, glad you had extra help on hand too.
Luda at the sleepover arrangements! Hope they all have fun.
Ruby you can email me fo rTorts address - shouldbedoinghousework at hotmail. co .uk
Saga can I join Ruby for a cuppa at yours at 11 please? anything to get away from my dump of a house
Dyls thanks for the thread Enjoy your morning
Tort hello from last night

We had a terrible evening with dd last night and she ended up missing Judo She calmed down by bedtime but was very grumpy and rude again this morning I'm feeling bad cos I man-handled her out to school cos she was refusing to go. She has a trip this afternoon and she and ds are going to a friends after school.

I have some work to do later in the day so need to make the most of my morning. I'd like to tackle the airing cupboard so will have a quick tidy up and finish my morning routine then get started on that.

BBL x

Madwelshwoman · 01/04/2008 09:35

Good morning

Sags hope you get everything sorted soon, sounds like a nightmare
FGS Nice to see you back hope you're ok
Dylsmum Blimey you're on the ball today well done!
Luda Happy April Fools Day, need to think of a joke to play on someone now
Ruby Baby Good morning!!

Lovely day here today but......ds2 woke up and appears to have an infection in both eyes so it's a day in here today!!

He seems happy enough and have cleaned it up a few times already but best not take him out.

List today

done
cleaned up rodent gizzards my darling moggies left on my kitchen floor
last night's evening routine
dust

to do
Vac
put away clean laundry
1 load of laundry
mop floor
place bid on ebay for new electric toothbrush handle since ds broke mine

Anyway hopefully I can get some stuff sorted today whilst I'm confined to quarters and keep the littlies entertained (preferably without resorting to the telly)

Madwelshwoman · 01/04/2008 09:36

X-post Bianca sorry to hear you had a rough night last night, don't feel bad about dd how old is she? I know mine is 7 but seems to have turned 17 overnight, the attitude I get is unbelievable sometimes.

TheMadHouse · 01/04/2008 09:45

Morning lovley ladies

I am shattered. DS1's chest is bad again so he is back on meds and is hyper, not much sleep in the mad house last night.

Morning Routine done
Meatballs and sauce made and in slow cooker

We are off to mums and todlers this morning, then calling at the docs for more inhaulers (one doesnt last long when he is having 10 puffs every two hours

FGS Glad you are back. DH seems to have managed well - now take it easy - cheating will only make it worse in the long run

Bianca DS1 is 3 going on 13 sometimes so I sympathise

Luda How cool a sleep over

Mad DS2 gets the eyes too, chemists can prescribe the anvi b drops now

Waves to everyone else

TeenyTinyTorya · 01/04/2008 09:46

Can I join? I'm just trying to get into Flylady - need something to motivate me into doing housework!

Today's list

do dishes done
sweep kitchen floor done
clean surfaces in kitchen done
sweep and vacuum living room done
vacuum bedrooms
clean bathroom
mop kitchen and bathroom floors
deal with laundry mountain
today's mission

Better go and get on I suppose!

Grouchyoscar · 01/04/2008 09:52

Morning Dylsmum, Ruby FGS Babyjj Saga Luda Bianca and MWW BWB I have returned your mail. Hope he can help

Ended up going to Tesco last night, yep I'm a glutton for it. Well at least if I do the shop I can get the cleaning supplies in,otherwise I'm cleaning everything in washing up liquid

Glad we did the farm yesterday as it's throwing it down here atm. Odd selection of animals really, never seen flocks of tapir grazing on the hill sides or majestic herds of llamas

So we are staying at home today. I'll do some baking with Ed or ice some biscuits.

DONE

Make beds
Draw curtains
Put rubbish bins out
Put next door's bin out for collection (The son is 37 ffs)
Bring bins in
Refil bird feeder
Empty DW
Put away

TO DO

Whatever crops up
Ironing
Hang washing to dry inside

Have fun today ladies

Madwelshwoman · 01/04/2008 09:56

Madhouse Thanks for that might pop to chemist later but he doesn't respond well to drops I find that just cleaning it with cooled boiled water is better, just for the stress factor!!! He always seems to suffer with it unfortunately just hoping it'll clear up for creche on Thursday.

TennyTinyTora Welcome to the thread, there are a fab bunch of ladies here and I know exactly what you mean about the motivation aspect, I just need someone to divulge some words of wisdom as to how you actually get out of bed in the morning when you're supposed to!!!

Madwelshwoman · 01/04/2008 09:57

Morning Grouchy Farm sounds fun, similar to Folly Farm down our way by the sounds of it they seem to have all sorts of creatures there. Have fun with the biscuits!!

BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 10:03

Dd is 7 in a few weeks. She's always grumpy and rude and generally unreasonable when she's tired which can make life very difficult I kept my cool last night and was able to remind her that she had choices to make regarding how she behaves but this morning I got cross which always leaves me feeling very I'm sure she'll have perked up by the time she gets home.

I'm still ploughing through my routine. It seems to be taking ages this morning. There are piles of laundry everywhere! Clean, dirty, folded, unfolded....

Better get away from the computer and get a move on.

Madwelshwoman · 01/04/2008 10:09

Bianca She sounds very much like mine to be honest, it can be quite depressing I know I do tend to blame myself when it happens especially when I hear my phrases coming out of her! I think the answer (for me anyway) is to just be as patient as possible and I'm trying to alter my behaviour so that she can see how she should be speaking to people. The routine will come, just remember 15 mins!!!! (looks sceptically at her own large pile of laundry in various stages of the process!)

BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 10:14

Thanks MWW I get the impression she's not untypical of others her age which is reassuring, but it's still horrid when you're going through a low patch! I'm sure it's partly related to it being the end of term - I can't wait for the school holidays so we can all relax and unwind.

I have sorted one pile of laundry....and found a hidden Easter egg so am munching that for some energy to get me through the other piles

BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 11:21

OK, washing is at least piled up in individual piles on my bed - I'll work my way round the bedrooms putting teh piles away as I go.
HUGE pile of towels so I've started the airing cupboard - OMG, it's such a mess Should I keep baby bedding just in case we ever do go for number 3 or just give it away and try to get over the whole 3rd baby nonsence? ()....I think I'll get it all down and sort through then see how I feel...

sagacious · 01/04/2008 11:35

Hi all (and welcome teeny)
bianca not sure what to suggest, I got rid of my baby stuff a while back and I won't lie it did feel odd (and I'm not the slightest bit broody for more) its a bit more than just decluttering IYKWIM.
Oh and ds has just turned six and is getting to be a real cheeky/stroppy so and so as well.

fgs hope the knees healing and you're taking it easy

Plumber has been and gone (needs a part so back again tommorrow) BUT he's isolated the loo (duurrr you just have to turn a screw) so we can have the water and heating back on SO .. as Sainsburys have delivered yummy chocolate chip cookies, you are all most welcome chez Sag!

Valuer came just as Sainsburys were turning up, but despite being blocked in by groceries said we should get the new mortgage no problem so thats sorted

Just need to :

Wash the backlog of clothes/towels used for mopping up etc
Rest of house not too bad as we've been out for 3 days ...

Janni · 01/04/2008 11:50

Hello all Posted on Dylsmum's other Fly thread but find you've all sneaked off here without me

I'm back with my tail between my legs, I have been a complete and utter housekeeping disaster for the last few weeks. That is about to change!

Need to: get dressed (I know, I know)
tidy living room and clear kitchen table and surfaces.

TheMadHouse · 01/04/2008 11:56

Hi there

Welcome TinyTinyTora

I have the pasta on for the meetballs and sauce and toddlers was good, although it is the last one for two weeks

Sag Good news regarding the loo and heating

Bianca I wouldnt do it unless you are really sure, bag them in vacume bags for the loft if you are unsure. I too have started the cull and am going to ebay some stuff, have given away loads and although our baby days are over, still made me shed a tear or two.

MWW I too ususally just to the cooled boiled water, however, this last time it was really stuburn and I got it too

GO You really have to take it easy woman and send me some biccies ...........please

Where is EHM?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.