My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

tuesdays fly

77 replies

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 06:49

good morning everyone. looks like it could be another nice day here- i hope so.

OP posts:
BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 12:05

OK, airing cupboard is done Looks miles better and will be much easier to store things in, a job well done
I've kept some baby bedding in baskets up high so don't feel so bad - have shed a few tears though - can't see dh coming round to baby 3 so I really need to get over these feelings. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't cope with a third anyway

I'll text EHM to say hello from us all

babyjjbaby · 01/04/2008 12:44

hiya i have doen everything i needed to do earlier but need to get the baby dressed and clean up will do that in a bit no tvery happy with the doctors and came back in a fowl mood so will get on and maybe feel a bit better soon the painkilers r just kicking in aswell so my list

to do
tidy up downstairs
clean kitchen
polish
vacuem sort the animals out feed and water

clean bathroom
vacuem upstairs
polish up stairs
sort the hall out make beds
put washing away

TeenyTinyTorya · 01/04/2008 12:52

Thanks for the welcome!
I've been trying not to procrastinate today so I've nearly finished my list...

do dishes done
sweep kitchen floor done
clean surfaces in kitchen done
sweep and vacuum living room done
vacuum bedrooms done
clean bathroom
mop kitchen and bathroom floors done
deal with laundry mountain
today's mission done

plus did all the shopping/errands

This thing works quite well to keep you on track actually (mind you this is only my first day)

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 13:04

janni no dd not an early riser i got up early to get a head start, and cos i keep over laying so nag kids to hurry, when really its my fault- no nagging today

FGS glad your home now, hope you have a swift recvery

TMH hope you get some rest and ds is ok for rest of day, its hard when asthma starts isnt it

teenytiny hello and welcome

Bianca the strops are hard work arent they ds is 9 gong on 19!!

Saga any cookies left?

GO sit still!!

babyjjbaby hope the painkillers help and you feel better soon

So this morning didnt go quite to plan. my uni friends lo not well so couldnt make it. so i went to drop dd off at cm and ended up having a goood natter there, before popping to library to collect books i'd ordered in and collecting an assignment that has finally been marked- i passed! yay
just got home and had lunch. thought it'd make a nice change if we sat on the rug not at the table never again dd still eating but will need to hoover as soon as she's finished- it was tidy in here!
i also need to do some decluttering- thhink i'm gonna attack the shelves in living room today

OP posts:
Bewilderbeast · 01/04/2008 13:33

afternoon all

wm loaded and on
ds taken to grannies

lots to do when I get home but dinner is in teh fridge and i halved the ironing mountain last night, it is now more of a small hillock

welcome teeny

scattyspice · 01/04/2008 13:34

Hi all. I'm dashing so just a quick post to say Hope you ok FGS and are taking plenty of painrelief. Don't overdo it now.

BiancaCastafiore · 01/04/2008 13:47

Heard back from EHM she's fine but struggling with a back neck so can't sit at the pc! Hopefully she'll be back soon

Janni · 01/04/2008 14:04

Teenytiny - stick with it, it does work, that's why I'm back!

Having a fairly relaxed day as DH has taken the kids out after a mammoth 10 day work session where I was left on my own with them....

Need to: put laundry away and hang clean load

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 14:10

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 14:18

ruby your dd into fifi too, my dd is mad in fifi. can't help with the clip art, have you considered printing pics for dc to colour to use as invites
this is a pic of pip there lots of the others here to, if it helps

OP posts:
TheMadHouse · 01/04/2008 14:26

well I feel as though I have used my lunch time wisely, I have

Cleared all the ironing - huge pil
Cleared 2 hot spots
Was going to do mission but too windy, so moved all the wood that was banging at the side of the house
Sorted DS1's jigsaw puzzles
Sorted out dinner

I am having a cuppa going to wake DS2 and then off to pick up DS1 from Preschool.

They are then having hait cuts and I will look like the yetti - I say cuts, but they are going to my hairdresser, who will only really trim their fringe, as they are curly, long boys and will be till they first have nits

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 14:29

TheMadHouse · 01/04/2008 14:30

What is D&A?

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 14:42

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 14:44

oh brill thanks ruby, will have to go get one of those dd's birthday in 21 days! so far total of 0 presents lol

OP posts:
RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 14:44

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 14:49

cool!
don't suppose you've found anything at al bumble, while your doing your shopping, dd loves him and nobody has him, only fifi, violet primrose and occasionally stingo!

OP posts:
Grouchyoscar · 01/04/2008 15:07

Hello again

Tip, don't even think a 4.5 yr old is going to help with baking activies. They don't, the just snaffle the chocolate and fuss to lick the spoon.

Quite chuffed tho, I've sucessfully made cookies for the 1st time every Also made a dozen fairy cakes while I was at it.

Cleared a couple of hotspots and did lots of s&sing kitchen while trying to keep the flour/sugar in the bags

Reading practise continues after Peppa Pig

Janni · 01/04/2008 15:44

Well done TMH - you've done loads
Need to pick DD up from nursery - her first time staying for a couple of hours without me .

Then need to: do dinner, bathe DD, reading/piano with DSs, tidy my room and DDs

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 15:53

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 15:57

RubyRioja · 01/04/2008 16:05

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Bewilderbeast · 01/04/2008 16:08

Grouchy

I haven't received your e-mail, I think mine was playing up a bit, could you possibly send it again?

FunkyGoldStar · 01/04/2008 16:17

Ruby - how could you think such a thing?

Dylsmum - we have Bumble. He's lovely. Do a search on the net as we only got him last year.

Very tired here. Just had a nap

dylsmum1998 · 01/04/2008 16:38

thanks ruby i hadnt thought of ebay, i just been round the shops, have tried lots of diff places even had a look round london the other day.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.