My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Friday FLY.....

30 replies

DontDreamItBeIt · 28/03/2008 07:00

Mission

Good morning everyone

OP posts:
DontDreamItBeIt · 28/03/2008 07:04

Well done on our assignment dylsmum. I like the 15 minute application to essay writing, too

We've been up since 6 and so far I've finished my book and had a cup of tea. I'll get the morning underway and may be back before e leavefor school if I get everything done....

OP posts:
dylsmum1998 · 28/03/2008 07:28

Morning dream
I've had a really crap night with dd, barely any sleep, poor love is getting one of her top canine teeth and it has given her hell, she been bit miserable for a couple of days and last night, well, she's never been that bad with her teeth, i ended up dosing her with medised when i went to bed and half way through the night she was in such pain
she still sleeping now so i've got up put ds lunch in the oven and am in process of getting myself dressed may have a slow day here i think. was planning on dd going to cm so i can get more assignments done, but that plans out window now so will seee how well i manage to fly today instead.

FunkyGoldStar · 28/03/2008 07:38

Morning Guys,

Have to do a basic clean today as most of the place has been done during the week ready for this weekend. Need to do ironing though as realised I wont be able to do that next week

Hope you all have a good day. DDs having breakfast so will finish morning routine after that.

RubyRioja · 28/03/2008 07:47

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EHM · 28/03/2008 07:57

Morning All

Not had access to our computer since the weekend. Problems now sorted after dh spending far too long on the phone to apple tech help yesterday evening.

fgs I was panicking I wasn't going to get on line to wish you good luck for the operation tomorrow.
dreamthanks for the thread.
dylsmumpoor dd hope you get some rest today.
ruby good luck at the quacks.

I know there will be lots to caught up on, not sure if I will manage. Ellie has a terrible cough, and just getting over her sticky eyes which she had since saturday. I was at cranial osteopath yesterday. (FGS she worked on the uterus, & suggested I have another session before next embryo transfer & after.she also worked on my back, which she thinks is linked as it went into spasm on sunday)

Hello to all my usual fly buddies & any newbies. I've missed you all.

sagacious · 28/03/2008 08:06

Morning all (good to see you back ehm)

Am out this morning (PTA coffee morning..) and didn't do evening routine so had better get a move on

Feeling a bit better so will be back with a list this afternoon

Ciao Bella

TheMadHouse · 28/03/2008 08:39

Good morning - the weather here is pants and our ususal Friday Music and movement isnt on today just stay and play.

DS2 was up most of the night after his jabs is left arm is pretty sore and the injection site red and raised, the right side is fine though!!!

Morning routine done and I am just waiting for porridge to cool

EHM we used cranial osteopothy for DS1's colic and it was excellent. Although it didnt work for DS2's bowel condition

FGS You are doing well at keeping on top of things

Ruby Oh spil what bad habits?

Jas Did the glue dry?

Dys Teeth can be a real pain, I do sympathise.

intravenouscoffee · 28/03/2008 08:51

Hello all. Haven't been around much this week - would like to pretend this is because I've been too busy decluttering but actually it's because DD has suddenly decided to cut her naps down to about an hour and a half each day and spend the rest of the day trying to learn how to crawl. This mainly involves lots of rolling onto her face and shouting so I'm being deprived of MN time as I'm actually having to do some parenting

Hope you're all okay. Haven't read the threads for days so not sure what's going on with everyone

FGS Hope you have a relaxing day before the weekend
EHM Are you planning an embryo transfer soon or will it be some time in the future? Sorry if you've already covered this on another thread. Hope the CO was useful, I've heard great things from a friend.
Dylsmum Hope DD feels better soon. Teeth are such a pain!
Sag and Ruby Morning!

And hello to anyone I've missed. We're still not dressed so really must leap into action.

intravenouscoffee · 28/03/2008 08:52

Dream - sorry! Thanks for starting the thread!

BiancaCastafiore · 28/03/2008 09:26

Morning

Thanks for the thread Jas I've replied to your email via facebook.
Dyls poor dd (and you - lack of sleep is a killer!) Hope you can take it easy today and get some rest x
FGS Good luck for tomorrow. Have a good day today x
EHM good to see you Any more viewers for the house?
Saga, Ruby, IC, TMH Hello

I need to have a good tidy up and clean round today - I've slipped this week and hardly done any FLYing at all.
I've done my morning routine
Need to spend some time putting things away in their correct places then dust and hoover etc.

See you later x

FunkyGoldStar · 28/03/2008 09:32

Thanks everyone

Managed to get the ironing done and have a friend coming over in a bit so will have a cupppa.

EHM - my cranial sacral woman said one side was colder than the other and the therapy she did 'warmed' it up. I often had problems every other period, indicating there may have been a problem but a few sessions later and I got pregnant. I'm sure it is not the only reason as I also lost weight and had some test results confirm everything was normal (removing the stress about it) but I'm sure it will help you Everything crossed.

dylsmum1998 · 28/03/2008 09:47

Ruby what are your bad habits - are they good ones
FGS good luck for tomorrow, well done for being so organised
EHM hope the co works for you, hope Ellies cough goes away quickly and isnt too much trouble
Saga enjoy the coffee morning
TMH you've inspired me, think i'll make porridge for breakfast
IC its very sweet when they first try to crawl isn't it- i miss the little stages they don't stay small long enough
Bianca hello

todays list looks a bit like
tidy DONE
hoover DONE
dust DONE
S&S bathroom DONE
put yesterdays dishes away DONE
Have breakfast
Take ds to school DONE
get dressed DONE
ironing
load washer DONE
unload washer DONE
mission
declutter for 15 mins in bedroom
do more work on assignments

have jus tipped dd up to look at her teeth, and the nasty offender has just about peirced the gum last night, so hopefully thats the worst of it for her
my tummies a-rubling so I'm gonna go do breakfast now

Ludaloo · 28/03/2008 09:49

Morning Ladies

Hi EHM nice to have you back

We are off to a friends this morning to play, then I have to go into town to run a couple of errands for DH, put a few cheques in the bank and fill the car with diesel.

Piddling down with rain today

Right better get a shift on! TTFN xx

sleepycat · 28/03/2008 09:58

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dylsmum1998 · 28/03/2008 10:19

luda have a good day
sleepycat good luck with mission hope your feeling better.

have done the mission and had my porrdige going to wash up now and do some de-cluttering in bedroom, back later

Grouchyoscar · 28/03/2008 11:09

Morning ALL and Hello and welcome to the numeroua NEWBIES

Looks like we are staying in at Grouchy's today, the weather is vile. Ed just wants to play Wii Star wars anyway so I thought I'd have some me time, well I did a lot of the morning stuff last night.

Jas Thanks for the thread
*Dylsmum Poor DD of your course. I've asked to do NVQ in ed and childcare at work
EHM Cooee, good to see you
THM Saga FGS IVC Luda and Bianca a good day to you all.

Ed is pestering for lappy time! FPS you have the Wii, what more do you want?

DONE

Made Our bed
Drawn our curtains
Made my breakfast
Tidied round
Empty waste and recycling bins to outside.
Covered a shoe bok and an IKEA lamp box in cool wrapping paper for storage for Ed

TO DO

Get dressed
Get Ed dressed
Tidy front room
Do home ed with Ed (he will be reading when he gets back to school)
Make lunch
General pottering and hopeless musings

rzight, better get organised. I have a stealth bomber clogging my keyboard atm

Grouchyoscar · 28/03/2008 11:09

Morning ALL and Hello and welcome to the numeroua NEWBIES

Looks like we are staying in at Grouchy's today, the weather is vile. Ed just wants to play Wii Star wars anyway so I thought I'd have some me time, well I did a lot of the morning stuff last night.

Jas Thanks for the thread
*Dylsmum Poor DD of your course. I've asked to do NVQ in ed and childcare at work
EHM Cooee, good to see you
THM Saga FGS IVC Luda and Bianca a good day to you all.

Ed is pestering for lappy time! FPS you have the Wii, what more do you want?

DONE

Made Our bed
Drawn our curtains
Made my breakfast
Tidied round
Empty waste and recycling bins to outside.
Covered a shoe bok and an IKEA lamp box in cool wrapping paper for storage for Ed

TO DO

Get dressed
Get Ed dressed
Tidy front room
Do home ed with Ed (he will be reading when he gets back to school)
Make lunch
General pottering and hopeless musings

rzight, better get organised. I have a stealth bomber clogging my keyboard atm

DontDreamItBeIt · 28/03/2008 11:52

Hi, I'm back from toddlers, and the dds finish school at 2 today, so I'm unlikely to get much FLYing done now.

TMH - Most of the glue dried, except a glittery flower that was really thick. I had to scrape most of it off to make it thin enough. DD! was happy enough, anddid remember to tell me that the whole purpose of the thing was to raise money for the child they sponser, so I even managed to send her in with a pound.

OP posts:
dylsmum1998 · 28/03/2008 11:53

todays list NOWlooks a bit like
tidy DONE
hoover DONE
dust DONE
S&S bathroom DONE
put yesterdays dishes away DONE
Have breakfast DONE
Take ds to school DONE
get dressed DONE
ironing DONE
load washer DONE
unload washer DONE
missionDONE
declutter for 15 mins in bedroom DONE
do more work on assignments

HAve also added to list
walk recylcing to recycling bank
have lunch
wash up
put dishes away

GO when do you find out if you can do the NVQ through your work?

Grouchyoscar · 28/03/2008 12:40

Dunno Dylsmum I bet it will be the next school year TBH Your PGCE sounds great, I think it would be just up my street TBH It would give me the chance to do a term time only job that would work round my parentel responsabilities.

Managed to get us dressed and make lunch, a good one too, not just butties, bacon and veggy rice (yum)

Ed is joining in with a Jolly Phonic's DVD so indeirect learning (OK, shoot me down in flames for being a slack mum )

scattyspice · 28/03/2008 12:45

Morning all!

Was all to pot this morning (don't know why) so morning routine a bit hit and miss.

Mum coming for the weekend and DD'd birthday on Sun (can't believe she is 3 already!) She has spent all week singing 'Happy birthday to you' .

I love it when my mum comes as me and DH get a night iut and a lie in .

Good luck with the operation FGS.

TheMadHouse · 28/03/2008 12:49

Afternoon all

We are back from Music and movement and the monster child is in bed aka DS2 - he is just not right - I am putting it down to his jabs.

DS1 is in preschool and I have cleaned the high chairs of the pasta and sauce that was all over them, me, the table and floor.

I am taking 5 mins for a cuppa and then will crack on.

Why is it when it is bin day is is wet and windy. I have had to rescue our recyling bags and bins, move next doors bin off my car and take in the other sides - I am soaked.

sagacious · 28/03/2008 13:07

So far I have:

Eaten two jam filled doughnuts
Drunk coffee and gossiped
Picked up dd from nursery
Sorted out (online) my sainsburys delivery

Hmmm off to sort out the :

Kitchen (wipe down surfaces/sweep floor/clear and clean table/sort out bowl with assorted crap in it)

Living room (Hoover rug/clear and clean coffee table/wind clock and adjust/dust bottom shelf/cull mags/newspapers)

Ensuite (clean loo/wash towels)

Study (clear paperwork/make spare bed/put away rogue toys)

bedroom (open curtains !/make beds take down washing)

banisters Clean with my lovely new Method woodcleaner (it smells of almonds...mmm)

That should keep me busy till the school run

DontDreamItBeIt · 28/03/2008 13:13

Sounds like a really productive mornig sag TMH The weather is miserable here, too. I left yesterdays washing on the line, and if I'd brought it in this morning i would've been dry. As it is, it is wetter than when I hung it out.

Happy birthday Babyscatty

I've finished my morning routi e and have to hoover now. My friend is coming round to child sit while I go to the dentist after school....

OP posts:
dylsmum1998 · 28/03/2008 14:02

GO mines not a pgce, its just a "normal" degree but is still very interesting. it means i can work in most areas to do with children at the end of it, teaching being one area

my list is done, and i have prepared dinner ( well the pasta sauce is cooking now, the trout has been filleted skinned etc).
the only thing on my list i havent done is do some of the uni work- at some point i might make a start on it today

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.