My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

WEEKEND IS HERE...I AM NOT I AM LURKING

54 replies

EHM · 01/03/2008 06:33

Morning All Hope you & your lo's are well. No more injections for me as embryo's being transfered monday. Lots of tablets still. Will be back once I feel more like myself.x.x.x

OP posts:
intravenouscoffee · 01/03/2008 07:52

Morning all.
EHM Glad to hear the injections are done. Have a restful weekend and lots of luck for Monday Don't know you v well as am a newbie here but some of the regulars had kept us updated on how you are doing so have been thinking of you.

Morning routine underway. Dh having a lie in (my turn tomorrow as it's Mother's Day) so just having a coffee whle DD plays on the floor.

Still need to do breakfast and dress for DD but washing is on and I'm dressed so it's a start. Looks like a nice day here, v sunny

TheMadHouse · 01/03/2008 07:54

Morning EHM - I have missed you and Gibbersh too. I hope things go well on monday and will hold you and yours in my thoughts. Good luck

Me and DS1 are up and he is dress and watching TV. He had a really strange night with a couple of nightmares. It is blowing a gale at the moment and we were woke with a big bang at 1am and couldnt figure it out.

Not much flying other than the basics for me as it is a family weekend.

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 08:12

Hi All

Hi EHM Glad all the injections are finished, good luck for monday

Have a good day IVC and TMH

tort I think you should put the bunk beds back together too...it'll give them more floor space. You can't give your room up, and you can't sleep in a bunk bed!! What happens if you meet the man of your dreams!??? how romantic would climbing up a high sleeper be!?
I would just try very hard to de clutter, and make room.
Who has the biggest room? Could you put the boys in the bigger room, the girls in another, and you just take the smaller room?

I wish I lived near you too, I would come and help as well.

Well, food shopping for me today, and to the bank to put a couple of cheques in.

TrinityRhino · 01/03/2008 08:38

morning all

having trouble with motivcationtoday
the wii is calling me

my head is banging, one nipple is nearly bleeding as gecko seemed to need to have my nipple in her mouth ALL night

I'm knackered and then the other two got p and 6.45
whats that about, on a school day when they NEED to be up I have to wake them at 7.45 AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

intravenouscoffee · 01/03/2008 08:44

TR It's sods law, whenever it's DH's turn to get up with DD in the morning she sleeps in till about 8.30, if it's me (like this morning)she wants to get up at 6! Have you taken anything for the headache?
Morning Luda and TMH

TrinityRhino · 01/03/2008 08:46

I've taken some nurofen, its is helping

DontDreamItBeIt · 01/03/2008 08:47

Nice to see you EHM Good luck for next week.

Trinity - It is the weekend....go and play!

We're going to the farm today. I'm not looking forward to it tbh, as it is very widy, buI promised the dds.

I've missed gibberish too. Where is she?

Morning ic , TMH, Ludaloo and everyone who follows.

I'm going to get dressed and do a quick shop before the farm opens. I did my menu plan and don't need to buy much as the freezer is full, but we have no disposable nappies (ds uses them at night) so I need to go.

Shannaratiger · 01/03/2008 09:33

Morning everyone

EHM hope you feel better soon. Keeping everything crossed for Monday.
iv am hoping for a lie in tomorrow morning. DD always ends up coming in all upset though if DP gets her up/ i get woken up with DP shouting at her to leave me alone
Morning TMH & Luda Trinity hope your nipple recovers soon, sounds really nasty. Typical, mine usualy lie in on a Thursday, the only day playschool is at 9am.

Sorted out DS's drawers, he now has 2 t-shirts, 3 long slv tops, 4 trousers, 4 jumpers & both winter coats are getting too tight. We soo need to win teh lottery failing that will be dragging teh dc's around the charity shops pm.

Morning routine is done, ds has gone for a nap & dd is clinging as she has another cold.

Hope everyone has a good saturday.

Hello to everyone thatr follows, this post has taken me 45 mins from start to send.

BBL

Grouchyoscar · 01/03/2008 09:37

EHM Very good luck for Monday. I'll be thinking of you

TR Hope the headache goes quick

Hey to Jas Luda TMH and IVC

Ed got up at 7. I took him downstairs and he watched some Dr Seuss stuff without comment. I'm so pleased he really enjoyed it .

I vacced out the fire (it will be easier to switch to solid fuel at this rate) Swept under the sofa, vacced under the sofa cushions and vacced the front room. Had to deal with Ed's 2nd milk spillage in 2 hrs (He tripped over a 1/2 full mug this morning and spilt some on our bed last night). Had brekkie then up for some rest.

I'm out with DH tonight. It's 17 years (eek) since I had to leave home this weekend (for going to a Ride gig FFS) That's 1/2 my life that I've been with DH!

I'm going to get some rest as I did all my weekend jobs yesterday. TTFN

tortoise · 01/03/2008 12:28

Hello.
EHM Good luck for Monday. Will be thinking of you.
Luda Am laughing my head of at finding the man of my dreams! Very unlikely!! Will talk to DS's about the beds. Will leave it upto them. Will be a nightmare to put back together! Swapped DS's into the biggest room ages ago.
TR Hope your head is feeling better soon. Ouch! I remember the sore bleeding nipples from feeding my lot!

I won't be getting a lie in tomorrow! I might have got one if the boys were going to be here but they won't be here!

So far i have tidied by the front door, hoovered and washed the door inside and out. Also put the washing out and another load on!

Need to pop to the shops soon too. Haven't got much food in the house! (as usual!)

tortoise · 01/03/2008 12:30

And just in case no one saw it last night...

Does anyone with a 2yr old DD want a pink fairy dress free for postage?? The wings are the only bit missing.

If no takers by tonight i will put on the for free bit on MN!

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 12:30

Back from shopping Lovely new food...kids have already raided the shopping bags!

Gibberish is ok BTW, I speak to her on the boots diet thread. She is just very busy ATM, doing lots of excercise and other activities
I will let her know you were all missing her

TR My sympathies re: the sore nipple
I remember that all too well!

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 12:31

Tort... You absolutely never know! He might be just around the corner

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 12:36

Oh...tort I'm interested in the fairy dress if you still have it

tortoise · 01/03/2008 12:39

Its yours Luda.Thinking about it, postage probably only £1ish so don't worry about that. Email/MSN me your address and i will post it Tuesday.

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 12:43

Oh...Thanks tort very kind of you .... I'll email you now

tortoise · 01/03/2008 12:44
Smile
Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 12:48

Done it

tortoise · 01/03/2008 13:00

Received.

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 13:05

LOL Good

Ewwww, I bought the kids some dried banana chips to put in their lunch boxes, just let them try some and DS said "Urrghh they taste like sick" DD1 spat it out and DD2 then refused to even try LOL....so I tried one, thinking they weren't that bad surely!....yuk...DS was right.....

Ludaloo · 01/03/2008 14:35

Well, I have tidied the kitchen and the living room, lit a fire (its gone really cold!)
Kids are playing upstairs, dh has gone to work, so I might finish off the washing, and tidy my room, then watch a bit of tele

Grouchyoscar · 01/03/2008 15:26

Hello again

Got some sleep then I got up and

Showered
Meds
Home facial
Strip bed off
Take washing downstairs
Load WM and reun
Empty DW (DH never seems to do it)
Put away
Make list of 'must gets' for IKEA trip on Tuesday
Bring tapes (sticky) from cellar for DH
Begin repairing the porch downpipe (Thought I better fix it as I daren't spend my savings on a new porch until we are financially securer) {shock} as DH comes out to help without being asked!!!
Put duvets together
Put Duvet cover and pillowcases on
Re-make bed
Lie back down on it
get up again
Check on boys in front room (Playing Wii so nicely)
Empty WM
Reload with duvet covers
Sort for drying (I'll peg it out tomorrow as the sky don't look good
Run TD

Thanks to all for the messages re my bad news last week. Very very to hear about your cousin TMH.

Tort a lass on my parentcraft course had a high sleeper for her and DP. The midwives were concerned how they would go about examinations.

tortoise · 01/03/2008 16:27

Eww Luda They sound gross!
GO Not sure i would want two people up on a high sleeper. lol!

BiancaCastafiore · 01/03/2008 16:49

I quite like banana chips

I've had a day off work today - mainly because dh had to run my parents to the airport so someone (me) had to watch the kids.
Dd seems fit and well again today (she's pretty tired though) Took them for a play at the park and eneded up staying out for almost 2 hours It was freezing but the kids had fun and kept warm running about.

I have done no FLYing Doing a big tidy up at the end of the week is really helping, meaning the weekends are pretty much FLY free these days

EHM hello Good luck for Monday x x
Luda say hello to Gibb from me

Better go - dh home soon and I ought to look as though I've done something other than sit here all afternoon
Back later x

RubyRioja · 01/03/2008 16:54

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.