My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

.....................Friday Flylady thread..................

48 replies

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 09:41

Have you all gone somewhere and not told me?

kelly's mission

OP posts:
FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 09:42

Just back from Pre-school run and DD2 is now sleeping so will get and and do some stuff. Back later.

OP posts:
Jas · 12/10/2007 09:49

I'm too busy being sickFGS
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 09:52

Get a nice cup of tea, snuggly duvet and tv.

OP posts:
Jas · 12/10/2007 09:59

No cup of tea I'm managing sips of water.

I have ds very bored, and dd2 still ill, both here and I have to go to the bank today.

Shannaratiger · 12/10/2007 10:07

Morning everyone.
Hope everyone feeling ill gets the rest they need to feel better soon
i can't believe it's only my day 3. am really getting the hang of FLYing.Have shined sink and washed the floor and am now going to work on writing out my morning routine, might run it by u later if it won't bore u too much!

Yesterday finally found the solution to the black mouldy washing machine rubber seal- was about to pay for a new one! in case anyone else has the same problem need to do a monthly washing machine clean with ariel (recommended) powder for whites on hottist wash. will be buying some on sunday's shop and will let u know the results!

BiancaCastafiore · 12/10/2007 10:11

Oh Jas poor you. Hope you feel better soon x x
FGS hello

I've just waved ds off on his first school trip he was sooooo excited, bless him

My regular routines are still going well I'm really keeping on top of it all and it makes me Thanks to all the support and ideas on here
Shame I can't say the same about my marriage. The whole situation is getting me down at the moment (and has been for months)

I could do with doing this mission today, I avoided mopping the floors earlier in the week because ds had his friend to play and they were in and out of the garden all afternoon in their muddy shoes. I'll get it done in a bit.
I'm going to start on some homemade Christmas presents today too

Have a good day everyone

BiancaCastafiore · 12/10/2007 10:12

x posts shannaratiger Hello

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 10:25

Well,

I'm back. In my 15 minutes this morning I have mopped the hall, dining room & kitchen floor (all laminate), and I have checked the freezers to see what we have and throwing out of date things.

So this week. I have done EVERYTHING on my kitchen list except for clean the oven (which I loathe).

I have done my morning routine today too.

It is so amazing how much you can do when babies are sleeping and older ones are out of the house.

bianca I have just emailed you.

OP posts:
yaddayah · 12/10/2007 10:49

Sorry your going through a rough time Bianca, hope its fixable

Jas : there seems to be a sickness bug running rife in our school as well , hope your better soon

Waves to fgs and shanara (will try the ariel tip!)

Have done my routines, have done mission

AM having a cup of tea

HAve a good morning all !

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 11:04

I'm doing well today. DD2 is up now and having a play. I have cleared out my handbag (Friday job) and also done a few updates to DHs books.

Feel the need to go and make another cuppa

OP posts:
TrinityRhino · 12/10/2007 11:06
TrinityRhino · 12/10/2007 11:09
FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 11:17

Hi Trinity

Take a deep breath. Go and clear your sink of all the crap and make it shiny. Dont worry about doing anything else today.

How is gecko?

OP posts:
TrinityRhino · 12/10/2007 11:27

gecko is struggling with teeth and managing to find, insert in mouth and choke on every little sodding, stupid, fucking tiny
thing or piece of crap toy that exists!!

Simply · 12/10/2007 11:28

Hello to all. Sorry, I seem to have come to the thread really late. I am making a huge mess here, trying to sort out the spare bedroom.

Trinity I can sympathise. Really I can. I think Funky's suggestion is a good one.

BC I'll be in touch.

Jas Sorry that you're still unwell. Can you do the banking you need to do online or ask someone else to do it for you?

Back later.

FunkyGlassSlipupandyouredead · 12/10/2007 11:34

Trinity - babyglass is just the same. Dribbling everywhere, smearing me with snot and moaning too. She is also trying to eat the hair from DD1s my little ponies .

Take a step back. Clean your sink. And then later gather up all offending items into a box/bag until you are able to deal with them.

OP posts:
TrinityRhino · 12/10/2007 11:46

big box to put all tiny fuclinkg annoying things in sounds very good

why do the sensible ideas not come to me when I am feeling desperate

Jas · 12/10/2007 11:49

Because you are too busy feeling knackered and removing said items from Geckos mouth.

We made it to the bank (I did have two friends offer o run errands for me, but I needed to be there in person)

I bought a pie and a carrot for the dds tea, so that is sorted. I need to get ds settled, spend ten minutes tidying up the worst of the mess here and then lie down again now.

RubyRioja · 12/10/2007 13:24

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiancaCastafiore · 12/10/2007 13:27

thanks FGS haven't had any emails though

Trinity look after yourself, I back everything FGS said

I've had one of those desperate sobbing mornings (please re-assure me that we all have them from time to time?!)but need to pick myself up now and get my act together. I have managed to do all my routines and have just mopped the floors so am staying ahead of everything house-wise, it's just my emotions which are in turmoil HAVE to sort this mess out

Simply · 12/10/2007 13:32

Ruby Well done! I considered doing it this year but I've just got too much on already atm. You'll be great, I'm sure, and I'll call you anything you like!

BC I've e-mailed you.

You should see the landing and the kitchen! Pencils, pens, rulers, knex, toys everywhere!

SpookyBearistheSpookyBear · 12/10/2007 13:34

Don't why, but LOL at Jas's "a pie and a carrot" for DDs tea.

Sorry everyone's so miserable and ill.

God, you're a depressing lot .

Really hope things start looking up soon. Will you have help with the kids over the weekend, Jas?

Get well soon too, Guv. Trinity babies are a total pain, aren't they?

Hello to all the others!

I had to remove drink water from my morning routine as I need caffeine too badly in the morning. I need two cups first thing or I get a sore head.

Morning - ALL DONE

1. DD1's hair and my make-up
  2. Breakfasts and clear away
  3. Load and unload DW
  4. Sweep dining room and wipe kitchen and d/r surfaces
  5. Start WM
  6. Make beds
  7. What we eating? - TAKEAWAY! We got a random cheque for £30 through the post today.
  8. Dd1 to nursery

Afternoon

9. Make lunch and clear up and drink two big glasses water - done
  10. Day?s jobs: dusting, vacuuming, fridge, 2 beds (40 mins) - done hoovering
  11. Missions: sink, front door (30 mins)
  12. 2 min hotspot *2 - done
  13. Read an important and serious newspaper
  14. Hang up wet washing/put away dry
  15. DD2?s physio
  16. DD1 from nursery
  17. Errands ? book mog in at vet etc.

Evening

18. Tea for DDs and a friend?s two
  19. Bath Dds, books and bed
  20. Swish and swipe
  21. Tidy toys
  22. Put out clothes for next day
  23. Load DW/clear up/feed cat and drink water
  24. Shine sink, wash up and sterilize bottles
  25. Empty litter tray and sweep kitchen floor
  26. Read Mumsnet book club book
  27. 15 mins Pilates
ScaryMonsterStories · 12/10/2007 13:39

Afternoon ladies for the poorlies/stressed of you

....in the interests of actually doing something I am posting my "to do in the next hour list" please don't laught!!!

Stop eating malt loaf
Put 1 load of washing in
clear the last 3 days ercycling off the worktop
clear draining board & wash last nights casserole dish
hotpsot near kettle
sweep & mop kitchen & conservatory
return to MN by 2:30 for 15mins intense MNetting before school run

Wish me luck....I think I need it

Jas · 12/10/2007 13:40

I'm feeling slightly better after a nap
I hope you gt over your bugs too Ruby. School governering scares me. I may consider it when ds is at school, but couldn't make evening meetings atm anyway.

Bianca We all have days like that I'm sorry things aren't improving for you at home. I have no wise words. But you can have a small as long as it won't make you cry again

Jas · 12/10/2007 13:42

lol @ malt loaf. I stop eating it when it is all gone

I did wonder about the pie and a carrot when I typed it. They are both big

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.