My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Thursday FLY

56 replies

Jelley · 05/04/2007 06:51

mission

OP posts:
Jelley · 05/04/2007 06:55

Morning all

I keep starting the day with good intentions, then not actually doing much

I've pretty much given up on doing anything past daily maintenance until the dds go back to school. We are going to be out all day again today, so things aren't too bad.

OP posts:
shouldbe · 05/04/2007 08:03

Morning Jelley have a good day - off out anywhere nice?

I have no lo's today They've gone to PIL for the day so I can pack and get ready for our weekend away in Wales Have to mentally prepare myself for the 3 hour car journey and need to get the house all tidy and ready for who-ever I find to feed the cat while we're away (neighbour is out of the question this time!) plus I hate coming home to an untidy house!

I'll be doing lots of gerneral FLYing plus I really must get out in the garden and plant the new plants I bought at the weekend!

yaddayah · 05/04/2007 08:31

Morning Jelley and Shouldbe

Well, ds is ill again All my plans for going out and about this Easter are scrapped, spent last night curled up with him (he keeps having nightmares then waking as his temp goes up) so was in bed at 8pm, did manage to watch the Apprentice though .. how annoying is that Tre bloke !!

to do list

Well is depends on the little fella...

I want to

Finish the ironing mountain
Do mission (moving it to the utility where all coats/shoes recycling kept)
Sort out the freezer (everything crammed in)
Hoover upstairs (not done since last week .. its eughhhh )
Practice ds writing/key words
Kitchen hotspot
dd room rescue
Pot up new plants bought at weekend (thanks for reminder shouldbe !)

Ds/dd meant to be staying over MIL tonight as we've got a longstanding night out at resturant with friends .... [hmmm] think might have to cancel

Aufish · 05/04/2007 10:48

Morning everybody, not long up and just having a quick coffee to wake me up. Have already done though:

A load of washing in the machine
5 minute room rescue of front room
sorted the recycling
Kids all dressed and washed

To do today:

Wash up breakfast dishes
Hoover up downstairs and upstairs
Sort out my bedroom (dp is off for a week now so can get into the bedroom. He usually sleeps in day)
Wash my bedlinen
Make cakes with kids
Hopefully get on with the ironing today as well.

Will be back to update what has been done at about 2pm. Keeps me in line and off mumsnet, if I set myself challenges!

grouchyoscar · 05/04/2007 10:55

Morning Jelley Shouldbe and Yadda Hope you're well

Things going well here. DS at Nursery til this afternoon. I'm taking it very easy this morning.

So far I've done my morning routine, got DS sorted and ready for school, made DS a good packed lunch (tuna mayo and lettuce on wholemeal, a babybel, some grapes and a couple of fromage frais. The food police can't grumle at that) made breakfast, washed up, emptied DW put it all away and taken the carriers of bottles for recyling.

Got to pop to the school at 11:30 to do reading Friends then collect DS, then, who knows

Have a good, sunny day

grouchyoscar · 05/04/2007 11:04

and morning aufish I missed you n the x post .

EHM · 05/04/2007 12:02

Morning All,

jelley hope you have a nice day out with your dds.
shouldbe Hope you get everything done you need to before your trip to Wales. I am the same house has to be tidy & cleaned before we leave especially when my neighbour is feeding the cats.
yadd so sorry to hear your ds is poorly{{hugs}} the bout of illness/sickness for lo's is never ending for us fly ladies, hopefully the sunshine will get rid of all those nasty bugs/virus/germs
I watched bits of the Apprentice, I would have to smack the guy who didn't get fired in the mouth just to shut him up!
aufish you had a great start this morning.
grouchy glad youa re taking it easy.enjoy the sunshine

Ellie slept from 845pm last night until 815am this morning
I checked on her at 130 when I went the loo, and then heard her stirring at 520, popped to the loo & when I got to her room she was still asleep.

Done so far today:-
wash/dress me & dd
breakfast me & dd
s & s bathroom
eyebrow wax me
pack bag for Ellie for weekend away
1 pink wash then hung on line
1 coloured wash then hung line
1 white wash in wm now
load/run dw
took salmon out freezer for tonights tea
changed sheets on Ellie's cot
phone sister/mum

To Do:
Make bed(letting it air at moment)
general tidy through out
wipe couches with antibac wipes
post baby present
hang out white wash when finished
pack for me & dh for weekend away
empty dishwasher
lunch me & dd
wash/sterlise bottles & bowls etc
general tidy/wipe kitchen
iron clothes washed today once dried
mission to clean entrance to house
buy nappies not delivered on tesco order yesterday
sterlising tablets for weekend away(normally use travel sterlising bags for microwave)
make banana bread with bananas which are ripe

Right I am off before I can think of anything else to add to the list Have a good afternoon everybody

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 14:33

....sigh...not getting on very well here...
HAVE started packing but feel it's very slow and dh forgot to get the case down from the attic before he went to work so I can only stack stuff up on the beds - I hate packing, esp now with the kids, there's so much they need even for only a few days away!
Downstairs is starting to look tidy but again there's loads to sort before we go. And I'm struggling to find anyone to feed the cat ...not sure who to ask next...

tortoise · 05/04/2007 14:57

Hi all.
Have bought all the easter bits today for my DC. Spent too much as usual!
DD's are at contact. Will be home soon. I am suppose to be making choc cake. Will do it soon!

Hope all are ok and enjoying the sunny day!

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 15:01

Hello tort

Aufish · 05/04/2007 15:16

Hi, back again, done all the things on my list, except the cakes, will be doing that in awhile. Need a quick 5 minutes chilling out! Well the main bedroom is now spotless and have even managed to put away all of my winter clothes and getting my summer stuff out. Hope you are all having a good day.

tortoise · 05/04/2007 15:24

Cake is in the oven. Looks yummy. i hope it turns out ok. Too late now if it doesn't.

Think i will make a start on wrapping DS1's birthday pressies before DD's get home.

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:30

Morning Done:
wash/dress me & dd
breakfast me & dd
s & s bathroom
eyebrow wax me
pack bag for Ellie for weekend away
1 pink wash then hung on line
1 coloured wash then hung line
1 white wash in wm now
load/run dw
took salmon out freezer for tonights tea
changed sheets on Ellie's cot
phone sister/mum

Afternoon Done:
Make bed
general tidy through out
hang out white wash when finished
pack for me for weekend away
empty dishwasher
lunch me & dd
wash/sterlise bottles & bowls etc
general tidy/wipe kitchen
iron clothes washed today once dried

Stilltodo
mission to clean entrance to house
buy nappies not delivered on tesco order yesterday
wipe couches with antibac wipes
post baby present
Pack for Dh for weekend away
sterlising tablets for weekend away(normally use travel sterlising bags for microwave)
make banana bread with ripe bananas

Only done a few bits whilst Ellie has her nap this afternoon.

shouldbe I am kinda feeling a bit 'can't be arsed' we should try & motivate each other
tort good luck with the cake baking

Right I am off to make a cuppa & have some MN time whilst Ellie is napping sooo bored with my list now.

tortoise · 05/04/2007 15:31

Wow EHM what a big list! Puts me to shame.

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:31

aufish well done you

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 15:32

I definatly need motivating EHM Anxiety is setting in about the journey this eve and I'm not getting anywhere with the house...the packing is almost done (just need to sort wash-bags and empty the fridge at the last minute...oh, and the kids toys/books too!)

Still no luck on anyone to feed the poor kitten....

Cake sounds yummy tort can I come to the party?

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 15:33

OMG AND I MUST NOT FORGET to go to the PO before 5pm! Can someone remind me at 4.45 please?!

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:34

Thanks tort I had just over an hour to do stuff before Ellie got up this morning & I made great use of the time whilst she is napping. The washing I've done today wasn't great loads only small amounts some of which could be folded & put away once dried. Only a few bits needed ironing....so not really that impressive. The sunshine had really motivated me during the last few days.

tortoise · 05/04/2007 15:35

shouldbe Would it not be better to do the PO now? While its in your mind! I am sure you will have a great time.

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:36

shouldbe set the alarm clock on your mobile to go off at 4.40. It always works for me as I have no memory since Ellie was born I have to right lists each day

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 15:37

I know I shouldbe going now tort but I have to wait in for something else first!

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:37

tort your idea is much better, do it now while fresh on mind

tortoise · 05/04/2007 15:37

EHM I use the alarm on my mobile a lot too!

EHM · 05/04/2007 15:38

should say write lists not right

shouldbe · 05/04/2007 15:38

If I knew how to set the wretched alarm on my new overly fancy mobile I'd do that!
with myself for being so cr*p today!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.