My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Thursday FLY~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

64 replies

shouldbedoingthehousework · 01/03/2007 08:40

Kelly

OP posts:
shouldbedoingthehousework · 01/03/2007 11:15

not td repair man - dw repair man (tis the same man mind you who does them all round here )...he's having a good ol' knock about at the poor machine....fingers cross it all works!

OP posts:
littlemissbossy · 01/03/2007 11:17

Please someone make me get off my ass and join in in the flying thing today... loads to do but no motivation

shouldbedoingthehousework · 01/03/2007 11:35

Come on then littlemissbossy get going What is it you need to do? I just find it v helpful to make a list on here and come back when there are things I can tick off...Good Luck!

Pleased (and relived) to announce that dw is repaired £35 cash in hand job so v nice indeed

On the other hand though - not a single other job done and now need to collect ds and take him with me to work for a bit

OP posts:
littlemissbossy · 01/03/2007 11:37

ok sbdh I'll make a list and work through it
good news about your DW, couldn't live without mine

shouldbedoingthehousework · 01/03/2007 11:46

I have to go out, but will be back to check on you later Littlemissbossy (I hope you're not as bossy as your name suggests! ) I can't tell you how relieved I am about the dw (although, secretly, I quite enjoyed washing up this morning..standing at the sink, looking out at the garden..all rather nice tbh...would not want to do it on a regular basis though!!)
Bye for now x

OP posts:
princesscc · 01/03/2007 11:51

nearly finished the cake! Done the tricky bits anyway. Making the horses heads stick to the cake without falling off! Not bad effort actually. Just got the easy bit of cutting flowers for the 'paddock', so I can rest a while. Ludaloo ~ howz the tumbledrier. Think I'm just as sad to ask!

littlemissbossy · 01/03/2007 11:57

as bossy as my name suggests? only sometimes
ok here's my list
empty dishwasher/reload
tidy round kitchen
put washing in/dry/iron/put away
hoover & dust sitting room
hoover & dust hall, stairs & landing

... then I'll do separate list for upstairs

grouchyoscar · 01/03/2007 12:06

Afternoon everyone

I've now done

Clean out the fridge (and it's a big food centre one, took 30 mins!)
Clean out the cat litter area in celler
Throw it away
Vac downstairs
Mop front room floor.

Lunch now then off to the school to read with kids for an hour, then return with the all singing, all dancing DS show!

Off again....byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

laloop · 01/03/2007 12:17

I'm off out now too, haven't done anything this morning, eek, but am walking around in sleep-deprived haze so at least have an excuse of sorts. Well done everyone for keeping busy. Princess that cake sounds great, lol when you said about about the horse's heads - made me think of the Godfather

Right, I'm away to buy a present for yet another birthday party, great.

SPEAK TO YOU ALL soon (oops sorry about caps lock, didn't mean to shout, lol)

littlemissbossy · 01/03/2007 12:18

update on list

empty dishwasher/reload - done
tidy round kitchen - done
put washing in/dry/iron/put away - 1st load of washing in
hoover & dust sitting room
hoover & dust hall, stairs & landing

yaddayah · 01/03/2007 12:20

Afternoon !

done
5 min room rescue... spare room..
Load d/w s/s kitchen
Eat breakfast (!)and lunch and chocolate brownies
sainsburys stuff put away

Off to take DD to pre school

Then i've got an hour to get motivatedgrouchy glad your're feeling better
luda i'm the same about any new gadget/food/book... get very over excited when people change there packaging or put new and improved on it as well

£35 to fix a d/washer !! crikey thats good round my way its at least a £65 call out fee before they do anything!

MadameSleepsLessAndLess · 01/03/2007 12:22

A quick ello to everybody, & welcome to all the newbies.
Still flying in the back round, and continuing with the BW routine with Ellie. She slept through the whole night for the first time this week
Anyway haven't read the thread, just wanted to say hi & hope everybody is well. I miss the threads but trying to do something will Ellie each day outside of the house.
Love EHM

Jelley · 01/03/2007 12:23

Hi all.
Todays done list so far...

DDs up , fed dressed and to school
Me and ds as above, then toddler group
Post office
bank
shops
Wash up
clear kitchen surfaces
wipe down
rediscover dining room floor

Urgent still to do list...
hoover downstairs
put away clean washing
put on washing machine
make phone calls
have a cup of tea.

My parents will be here shortly and I don't wasnt to hoover until last, in case it wakes ds

I will try and catch up properly tomorrow.

rolloneaster · 01/03/2007 12:39

hi everyone,

only really check in on thurs/fri as work montueweds and every other sat .

soooooooooooooo much to do!!!

done :
one load of washing
should i hang out to dry and think it is too cold/ dining room looks like chinese laundry
cleaned bathroom/toilet
organised for flowers to be sent to mil
got to bank
replied to school acceptence hope it is not past 14 days cannot believe i didn't do that straight away.

had lunch with d/d3
to do

go to post office and post signed documents
5 minutes in each room
ironing
paper work big style!!!
girls room bomb has struck again
change laundry on our bed

hello to everyone and need to get off here now and set timer and goooooooooo

tortoise · 01/03/2007 13:12

Hello all
Hello Newbies!

Not done much yet today! Took DD1 to pre-school. Then went to town wil DD2. Home,quick tidy round and hoover. Pick up DD1 and take them both to contact with xp2.

Now i have a few hours peace! have had lunch and run a bath now i have gas!! will relax in that for a bit in a minute! Lovely!

Sorry to those who had bad nights. Ive forgotton whos done what but remember some had bad nights!!

shouldbe Glad the DW got fixed. I felt the same when i had to wash up by hand for a while. Quite enjoyed it. But wouldn't want to do it all the time.

princesscc · 01/03/2007 13:55

omg I am the worst housekeeper ever! I've just been upstairs to get something out of my bedroom and I haven't even made the beds! What a slut I am! Note to self - more effort needed tomorrow!

tortoise · 01/03/2007 13:56

Make the beds? i never make the beds!
ok I did for a while because of FLYing but never got the hang of it.

rolloneaster · 01/03/2007 13:59

good luck with 11plus results princessc welcome my beds are the same at them moment.

have been on computer all this time and haven't completed anything on list get off computer and start. only one hour to go before school run help.

tell me to start please

tortoise · 01/03/2007 15:26

Oooh that bath was refreshing! And so peaceful. no worries of will DD's wake up and make me get out!

DD's will be back in about 5 mins so won't get much done now. What a shame.

yaddayah · 01/03/2007 15:40

rollon bit too late to tell you now !!

Just looked at my bed.. its a bit crumpled,TBH i count it as an achievement if i remember to pull the curtains .. let alone faff about plumping cushions

(apologies to any cushion plumpers !)

RubyRioja · 01/03/2007 17:20

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ludaloo · 01/03/2007 18:14

Hi everyone

It came and its very good

Does anyone want to be nosey??

This is my house!

I spotted it on the BBC Wales homepage!!! We are famous!!!
They are looking at our village!

Well the Eisteffod went on for 4 1/2 hours!!! I had to leave after about 3, the kids were bored witless, Dd1 did very well and came 2nd twice for her recitals and a song about shopping. She was very good

Well I am truly knackered, and have bought chippy chips, so I shall go and eat

See you all in a bit xx

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

princesscc · 01/03/2007 18:43

ludaloo ~ I am relatively new on mn so I didn't know you were Welsh! Happy St Davids Day! Do you do anything special or is it a big non event like St Georges Day. (Obviously your chips came with leeks and a daff! )

tortoise · 01/03/2007 18:44

Nice house Luda.

ludaloo · 01/03/2007 18:51

Hi princesscc I'm not welsh... we moved here about 4 years ago from the midlands. It is a big day here, I'm exhausted now!
I still wave a little England flag on St George's day (well actually England flags don't go down too well, especially when the world cup is on)

I do love Wales though, I always have, I have welsh relatives, my maiden name is very welsh (Parry)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.