My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

<whispers>...Christmas...?

37 replies

Bucketsofdinosaurs · 24/09/2006 11:12

Who's been thinking about Christmas yet?
I already have a spreadsheet .

OP posts:
alexsmum · 24/09/2006 11:26

have you seen my thread -charity christmas cards? please look!

hazelnuts · 24/09/2006 12:23

I have, started to buy some small bits already. I dont think I will be able to buy like I have done in the past as I dont have the money. Just my DC this year.

tinshoes · 24/09/2006 13:03

my baby is due mid-dec so i have no choice but to think of it. already have Dds toys. Most other people will get vouchers

Maddison · 24/09/2006 13:05

I have, been looking at toys for the DS's and nieces and nephews but haven't bought anything yet.

Also started some cross stitching for stockings so at least we will ALL have stockings this year.

Seashells · 24/09/2006 13:15

Every year I plan to start early as the shops at christmas are my worst nightmare! But always end up there with the rest of the manic people frantically running round shops at 5pm on christmas eve!
I have started already, so hopefully won't be doing that this year. Got a few bits and pieces off ebay and looked for cards on the link mentioned below.

Bugsy2 · 24/09/2006 13:52

Definitely, I have to think about it in advance so that I can buy stuff month by month & not have a massive hit I couldn't afford in December. I've got most of my relatives all sorted. I wait till fairly late to do the children because they change their minds so much about what they want!!!

YellowFeathers · 24/09/2006 13:55

I've bought a few bits here and there. I've got all my wrapping paper etc.
Can't wait. I love xmas!

Boleyn · 24/09/2006 14:04

Buckets - what do you have on your spreadsheet? Love the name by the way!

hazelnuts · 24/09/2006 14:46

YellowFeathers, I love xmas too. My xp2 got loads of wrapping paper last year but was not here to use it. I dont know if I should use it this year or not. I know he would say have it but I just dont know.

I am going to get DC to make cards this year, can have some fun making them then.

QueenEagle · 24/09/2006 14:52

aaargh! Noooooo!!

4 of my kids have birthdays between the end of November and the end of Jsanuary and xmas is bang in the middle! I will be thinking about buying a few bits soon and a main pressie maybe end of October so I am not frantically running around at the last minute.

Seems a shame that xmas shopping has to start so early but with 5 kids to think about plus 4 birthdays during the festive period, there is just no escaping it!

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 14:55

Last year I decided to cull our Christmas card list.

I did a spreadsheet of all the cards we had received, and will only be sending to those people.

Even that is running at over 60 !!

QueenEagle · 24/09/2006 14:57

spreadsheet????

What's wrong with jotting a list on the back of an old envelope, then?

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 14:59

It's in here somewhere, no that envelope, no it was bigger than that..........I know saw it at Easter.................

Are you getting the idea ???

BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:03

Feeling a bit smug - orderd my Xmas cards froma friend here whoe does the Phoneix ones - will get them on Tuesday.

And was in Dublin last week and did my DS's main toy bits - all safely hidden in wardrobe at my Mums and we will be there for Xmas so that is that done!!!

Will still end up in mad panic at the end though!!!

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 15:09

So you are not having them all there again this year, including your sister with the OTC habit.

BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:11

No - going there instead! Will stay with my parents.

Sis seems better but we know think she may be bipolar - she has appt with physchiatrist at Holles St next week.

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 15:12

Why Holles Street ?? Is she newly post natal ??

BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:13

Not newly post natal no - her youngest is 2.5 but she is still "signed off" with post natal depression and she has a crap GP. At least this way hopefully he will point her in the right direction.

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 15:16

That is good news.

How is the TTC discussion going, did you resolve anything ??

BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:22

Nothing resolved. Think DH surprised I actually came back.

Will try again next cycle and see where we go from there.

BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:23

Think we ahve well and truly hijacked this thread!!

Bucketsofdinosaurs · 24/09/2006 15:31

LOL. My spreadsheet has everyone who needs a pressie, what I've got them and how much it cost. Separate half of the sheet for all the winter birthdays.
If I were doing a big meal for rellies I'd do a spreadsheet for the timings too. My folks are having just us this year as they've got 3 kids and 7 grandchildren and it's lovely to all hook up but a bit of a nightmare too so we're going to take turns with who gets Grandma and Grandpa each year I think.

OP posts:
BudaBabe · 24/09/2006 15:37

A few years ago when we lived in Bulgaria all my family cam over for Xmas. My accounant DS did an alcohol spreadsheet. Everyone's name and what they drank X the amount of days there were staying. Added all up. Doubled it (cos we're Irish). We were still drinking it in June!!!

SherlockLGJ · 24/09/2006 15:58

We were still drinking it in June!!!

You are so committed.

Skribble · 24/09/2006 17:21

I was thinking I really should put all the decorations away from last year before its time to get them out again for this year.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.